Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V38A

Postby RobotWithBoobs » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:35 pm

Is there any way to edit the in-combat vore messages?
I saw some things were exposed for editing, but for me the vore message popus are the number one thing I'd like to be able to customize a bit to my liking.
RobotWithBoobs
New to the forum

Postby bonberjean » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:59 pm

This game would be nice to have alternative game modes (using custom scenarios or something)
The idea I got is that you don't have any cities (neither does the AI), the only thing you have is a very strong single unit, the unit you control is either female or herm, she can unbirth units to convert to her side in order to raise an army
http://bonberjean.deviantart.com/

I am Brazilian, have something against it?

My RP: http://rp.aryion.com/profile/Jean_Marcel
bonberjean
Participator

Postby peteian » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:12 pm

RobotWithBoobs wrote:Is there any way to edit the in-combat vore messages?
I saw some things were exposed for editing, but for me the vore message popus are the number one thing I'd like to be able to customize a bit to my liking.

Yes there is a way using the source files but you need to edit them in Unity
peteian
---

Re: Vore War V37D

Postby Akai24 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:53 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Akai24 wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by a mod manager. Most of the mods that existed were rolled in because mods generally require the game to be built from source and were not easily sharable, at least not in a combinable fashion.

Dear Aurilika
Sorry for the late reply, the mod manager is a thing that supports user generated content (For example, a specific button in the main menu called "Mods" and the mods folder in the game folder, where other users can deliver content created by the same users and maybe share them with others)
For example simple open-source game called Minetest that has support for user generated content and awesome mods integrity check.
Also I mentioned something about the realisticIndigestion alongside with indigestion ability(turnable, https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=57211&p=2854697&hilit=indigestion#p2854697). Is it already added?
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely Akai.
Akai24
New to the forum

Postby reptilemk5 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:30 pm

I previously had Version 37 D, now upgrading to Version 38 A.
reptilemk5
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:20 pm

ShadowRayquaza wrote:
The main core of races (the ones based on the common stock, like humans, cats, wolves, etc.) all have a sprite like that if they eat a single unit around their size. I'll check into it as maybe it's not working as well as it should.

I guess I probably should've been more specific ^^; It's not a glitch or anything wrong with the game, I just meant to say that I preferred Auri's more humanoid-shaped belly to the basic round belly that the other races have. Sorry for the confusion!

Ah, then I think the answer is probably yes, eventually. I think Auri was spun off of an early version of the core race rework, so that may end up working its way to other races when that eventually finishes (I have no idea when that's expected to be completed)

DraconicSyntax wrote:Is it possible to turn off the vaginas on the viper race? I can't find any setting for it, and I'm not sure if it's a bug but they seem to be rendered over top of the belly and generally look a little out of place

Edit: Found a bug as well, if you have a level 2 trainer and use say the extreme training on one army but then train another army at a city with a lower trainer level without reselecting your training option, it will take as much gold as the advanced trainer did while still showing it as only costing the normal gold (though as far as I know will still only give the regular amount of experience)

Okay, went ahead and added an option to disable that (in the gender settings of the content menu).

The second was actually using the previous level, both for cost and exp, even if it didn't look like it. Now it properly limits you to the maximum training level that village is capable of if your previous level was beyond that.

RobotWithBoobs wrote:Is there any way to edit the in-combat vore messages?

Those have to be modified by editing the source, because they were built into the code to make it easier to work with the conditionals.

bonberjean wrote:This game would be nice to have alternative game modes (using custom scenarios or something)
The idea I got is that you don't have any cities (neither does the AI), the only thing you have is a very strong single unit, the unit you control is either female or herm, she can unbirth units to convert to her side in order to raise an army

You could sort of replicate that do that by cheating for money (or using whatever the armies don't cost trait is), starting with a single village, creating a small army, and then destroying the village. Naturally you'd also need to set the game settings so that the loss of all villages wasn't a game over (setting it to 'complete eradication' or even 'game never ends').

Akai24 wrote:Dear Aurilika
Sorry for the late reply, the mod manager is a thing that supports user generated content (For example, a specific button in the main menu called "Mods" and the mods folder in the game folder, where other users can deliver content created by the same users and maybe share them with others)
For example simple open-source game called Minetest that has support for user generated content and awesome mods integrity check.
Also I mentioned something about the realisticIndigestion alongside with indigestion ability(turnable, https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=57211&p=2854697&hilit=indigestion#p2854697). Is it already added?
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely Akai.

Yeah, that's not really feasible to set up for Vore War at this point in time. It wasn't really designed with easy modding in mind (or rather I didn't even know how to do that at that point). It threw me at first that that is a link to the UH thread and not this thread. That wasn't ever added to there, and both games are basically at their stopping point except for a few more minor bug fixing patches.

V38B released, a few more bug fixes.

38B:
Added an option to the content settings to disable the visible slit on female vipers. Someone thought the way it looked was weird, so there's a way to avoid it, now.
Realized I'd forgotten to mention the new traits added in 38. PredGusher, PredConverter, and PredRebirther are new traits created by Serav.
Fixed some dialogue typos.
Fixed an issue where opening the training menu would leave the option at the previous level, even if that level was beyond the ability of the town.
Fixed an issue introduced in V38 where absorption messages would trigger twice.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Akai24 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:29 pm

Aurilika wrote:It wasn't really designed with easy modding in mind (or rather I didn't even know how to do that at that point).

Yeah, I mentioned only UH because I understand how complexive the VW can be. And thanks for the update - amazing as always.
Also 32-Bit Windows link follows the same link as Mac's.
Akai24
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:08 am

Akai24 wrote:Also 32-Bit Windows link follows the same link as Mac's.

Ah, sorry about that, it's fixed now. It must've not copied properly.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Akai24 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:31 am

Aurilika wrote:Ah, sorry about that, it's fixed now. It must've not copied properly.

Win32 link leads to V38A
MD5 : 79E658403AA90F860F9B06A1EE5E3956
Akai24
New to the forum

Re: Vore War V38B

Postby Allegor » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:38 am

I noticed there are some prey specific traits such as disgusting, the trait that gives less healing, and toxic that provides no healing when consumed. Going a step further, would it be possible to have a harmful prey trait that would damage the consumer, just like when eating a poisonous mushroom? Speaking of mushrooms, an opposite of metabolicburst might sound fun too. When digested, provides a single (or multiple) random negative effect like poison, willingprey, shaken to the pred.
Allegor
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:53 pm

Akai24 wrote:
Aurilika wrote:Ah, sorry about that, it's fixed now. It must've not copied properly.

Win32 link leads to V38A
MD5 : 79E658403AA90F860F9B06A1EE5E3956

Ah, grabbed the wrong link, this time it's really fixed. :oops:

Allegor wrote:I noticed there are some prey specific traits such as disgusting, the trait that gives less healing, and toxic that provides no healing when consumed. Going a step further, would it be possible to have a harmful prey trait that would damage the consumer, just like when eating a poisonous mushroom? Speaking of mushrooms, an opposite of metabolicburst might sound fun too. When digested, provides a single (or multiple) random negative effect like poison, willingprey, shaken to the pred.

Damaging prey has been suggested before, but I think that kind of gets into less desirable territory. If you have prey that damages you when they're eaten, the ideal strategy is just to never eat them, so in the end it's not much different from just making them impossible to eat, which kind of moves away from the whole theme of the game.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V38C

Postby Aurilika » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:41 pm

Received some changes from Scarabyte, so I figured I'd go ahead and fix the current known bugs and upload it.

38C:
Added an option to disable cumstains/milk stains (the remnants from BV CV and UB) -- I actually thought there was already a way to disable those but it was pointed out there wasn't.
Fixed an oversight where friendly units with the endosoma trait that were digesting friendly prey would let the battle end before the prey were completely digested.
Fixed pounce odds being visible in some cases when there wasn't enough AP to actually pounce
Includes some changes from Scarabyte:
Added basic pronoun customization for individual units and updated pronoun functions to reference the settings for a unit rather than a prespecified gender. By default, males are he/him, females are she/her, and all others are they/them, but any unit can have their pronouns freely assigned in the Unit Customizer and Unit Editor menus.
Changed the way EXP gain from suckling is calculated; rather than an esoteric formula involving health percentages and level differences, the EXP gain from overheal is now simply the level of each prey, in addition, the hard cap of 40 total has been changed to a soft cap based on (read: equivalent to) the size of the prey, per prey.
Added WetNurse and Honeymaker traits; Wetnurse makes feeding restore more HP and cost less AP, and Honeymaker causes feeding to absorb prey more slowly and give more experience when overhealing, in addition to raising the soft cap on EXP gain per prey.
Bars for EXP, Health, and Mana have been added to the tactical sidebar, army view, and unit editor.
Alongside adding the bars, basic status info (name, level, race, gender and unit type) have been moved out of the scrollable text section so as to always be visible.
Changing a unit's race in the Unit Editor will now reroll their gender, so unintended it should no longer be possible to create certain units with any gender.
Reorganized the unit editor menu, removing redundant info and recentering the unit's sprite to hopefully appear less cramped.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V38C

Postby Aurilika » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:32 am

V38D released, fixing up some urgent exceptions. There are likely still some bugs, but wanted to go ahead and get the major exceptions fixed.

38D:
Fixed two major exceptions introduced in 38C, one related to suckle, the other related to the army exchanger being non-functional.
Fixed the item dropdowns options going off of the screen in certain aspect ratios.
Deleted the long disconnected 'Discourage Oral vore' option that lingered way longer than it should have. (It was replaced by a better option many patches ago, and hadn't been functional since that time)
Fixed the logic so the races where it now displays the singular on their info card (i.e. saying cat instead of cats), correctly brings up the race data when hovering over it.
Fixed some minor ui issues.
Included some changes from Cattitude
An option that allows you to belly rub enemies (including some text for it)
added a trait that additionally allows converting enemies via belly rubs. (SeductiveTouch) You must rub an enemy after they have not taken damage for a turn, then they have a chance to get paralyzed. Only if you hit the paralysis chance again a second time in a row do they decide to defect. It's actually not stupidly rare, but relying on it will get you wiped.
implemented farts. The overlap with absorption sound is intentional, even though my fart audio files do have their own gurgles... I just found it sounds better this way.
A number of new interaction texts, and fixed a few pronoun issues and the like while scrolling past
Along with that toggle for farts, I decoupled the burp timing switching from scat; so there's now a toggle for burping on digestion instead of absorption, and scat has no influence on that anymore.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V38D

Postby Emberell » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:27 am

Ok, so, I'm not sure who in their right mind would want this, but I took some time to build a (somewhat) (not really) natural map including 5 villages from EVERY standard playable race. It's probably not well balanced or anything since I went for looks and all, but I figure someone may get some enjoyment from it. Feel free to edit, build on, improve, etc. I probably won't touch it much after this unless new races get added, again. If I did miss a race or anything just let me know, I'll try to find a place for it... somewhere in there.

This one comes included with pre-placed mines, empty villages, and connecting paths so you can (theoretically) get anywhere. though honestly if you intend to do a full game with it I may recommend increasing army MP a fair bit.

- Ember
Attachments
Aastmer.zip
fixed a minor issue with unplaced mines
(13.56 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Emberell
Been posting for a bit

Re: Vore War V38D

Postby Aurilika » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:21 pm

38E released, fixing up two major known exception causes, and some other minor bug fixes.

38E:
Fixed some buggy logic that would cause exceptions related to belly rubs in many situations, notably if the prey was in the womb, anal vored, or a specific breast
Saved customizations now include pronouns too. It won't be saved for any previously saved ones, but it will now generate them if they're missing based on the gender.
Those two issues should be the source of the vast majority of exceptions, so we'll see where we stand with those fixed.
Fix for entering the world settings screen and exiting would overwrite the prey of units with a gender that disables prey.
Fixed an issue introduced in 38C where you could only edit the stats of the first unit you opened in the unit editor in any given playsession, any subsequent times you opened it would just edit the stats of the first unit.
Corrected the buttons on the diplomacy screen so that they display the minimum relations the game actually uses.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V38E

Postby eleventh » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:55 am

I don't seem to get scat messages in the log anymore, after updating to 38D and also on 38E. Fart messages are mentioned in the settings but I've yet to see any regardless of the chance on the slider.
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

Postby Panzershark » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:27 am

eleventh wrote:I don't seem to get scat messages in the log anymore, after updating to 38D and also on 38E. Fart messages are mentioned in the settings but I've yet to see any regardless of the chance on the slider.

I‘ve definitely been able to get the new messages (38D on PC), though it did seem to take a few tries, I typically use smaller armies so it didn’t seem too unusual. From what I’ve seen they seem to include "You, the player" a lot so it shouldn’t be too hard to differentiate. I had utilized UserData from an earlier version so that may have helped.

That being said, the new messages for farts/scat (along with the ones added for the leaders a little while back I think) seem to have pronoun issues (for example using he instead of she for females). The ones for leaders occurred before the updates to the pronoun system, so I think it’s in the files rather than the update breaking them. It seems to be repeatable consistently.
Hello there! For those interested here is the current listing for my bots for C.AI:
viewtopic.php?p=2984781#p2984781
Panzershark
Participator

Postby eleventh » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:42 am

Panzershark wrote:
eleventh wrote:I don't seem to get scat messages in the log anymore, after updating to 38D and also on 38E. Fart messages are mentioned in the settings but I've yet to see any regardless of the chance on the slider.

I‘ve definitely been able to get the new messages (38D on PC), though it did seem to take a few tries, I typically use smaller armies so it didn’t seem too unusual. From what I’ve seen they seem to include "You, the player" a lot so it shouldn’t be too hard to differentiate. I had utilized UserData from an earlier version so that may have helped.

That being said, the new messages for farts/scat (along with the ones added for the leaders a little while back I think) seem to have pronoun issues (for example using he instead of she for females). The ones for leaders occurred before the updates to the pronoun system, so I think it’s in the files rather than the update breaking them. It seems to be repeatable consistently.

I've tried both using old UserData and letting the game generate new UserData, and it still isn't working. The last messages in the log are always just digestion.
eleventh
Participator

Postby Panzershark » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:10 pm

eleventh wrote:I've tried both using old UserData and letting the game generate new UserData, and it still isn't working. The last messages in the log are always just digestion.

Dang, the only thing I can think of would be checking if turning the hard vore/lewd messages on would fix it (if they are not already on).
Hello there! For those interested here is the current listing for my bots for C.AI:
viewtopic.php?p=2984781#p2984781
Panzershark
Participator

Postby eleventh » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:18 am

I realized that what happened was a re-categorization of those messages to "info", which I had disabled. Sorry for all the trouble.
eleventh
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game