Unbridled Hedonism V9F

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Unbridled Hedonism V9A

Postby LostSoul13 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:04 am

Aurilika wrote: Added an option to character settings that makes them always reform regardless of settings. Useful if you have a specific character or group of characters you want to stay in game while leaving everyone else with permadeath.

I've been hoping for a feature like this for a long time! Thank you for all the work you've put into this Aurilika!
LostSoul13
Been posting for a bit

Postby MadEnough » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:30 pm

Seems to be a small bug when the player character is being eaten. Instead of the normal text for whatever action you choose, you just get (Preybeg Success) or (Preybeg failure) messages telling you the result. If it matters/is related, this was with the different color for player action text toggled on

Edit: I think it's with particular races? I'm getting more of them from a dragon character while humans seem to be doing mostly normal?
MadEnough
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:42 pm

Razkor wrote:Hey guys I have a theory that Aurilika is literally the fucking coolest, an immensely talented dev, and that I am very thankful they're here. Will give it some more thought and keep you all posted.

:oops:

MadEnough wrote:Seems to be a small bug when the player character is being eaten. Instead of the normal text for whatever action you choose, you just get (Preybeg Success) or (Preybeg failure) messages telling you the result. If it matters/is related, this was with the different color for player action text toggled on

Edit: I think it's with particular races? I'm getting more of them from a dragon character while humans seem to be doing mostly normal?

That sounds like an issue with that particular race, and since it's not one of the races included with this build I didn't take any action on it.

9B released, fixing up some issues and adding some more minor features.

9B:
Added options to control the frequency of prey messages, and the InStomachEndo (and equivalent). This makes things less spammy for predators with many prey, though important messages like struggles or prey eating other prey always display. The Endo Suppression lowers the frequency of the 'digestion style' messages for endo, which would basically give a generic update every turn. This honestly should have already had this type of thing, given how much they stacked up if you had multiple endo prey, and were completely independent of what prey might be doing. The default setting for that one is 75%, so roughly 1 out of every 4 turns (per prey) you'll see one of those messages. If you are prey, actions targetted directly at you will still be displayed (like preykissotherprey). This may be refined a bit depending on opinions.
Added an option in the start game menu to swap between 3 different template presets, in case you have multiple presets you want to swap between.
Adjusted the vore logic a bit so that if you succeed in getting spared, there's a significantly higher threshold for the ai to stealthily start digesting you again (This should mostly prevent them from agreeing to spare then digesting again immediately)
Added a vore power stat to characters. It's only manually set, and can be used to simulate size differences, or anything where certain people have innate advantages/disadvantages. Affects forceful vore odds, and escape rate.
Can now save specific characters from in-game. This will overwrite existing saved characters, but gives a warning first if there's already a character with that namel. Saves them as their current state, but doesn't save their relationships or current prey.
Updated the name selection system so it works properly in the log at the bottom as well as the two side panels.
Added the old name selection system back as a backup. There a report that the new system didn't work properly, so this should hopefully make it work for them, and have no effect on anyone else, because it still prioritizes using the newer system that was more flexible for names.
Manually moving the player character or waiting now clears that character's ai's current task. So if you move and then let the ai act out your turn, it will decide on a new task, instead of trying to continue whatever the last goal was. This should result in the ai making better choices if you use it occasionally.
Frozen world has been modified slightly due to player request. Digestion is now paused in a frozen world, since needs are paused. You can still swallow prey, however, and due to design limitations, you will digest on a turn you perform a swallowing action.
Fixed a bug where absorption speed wasn't set to override properly, so it would default to 0 where settings already existed (but would be 1 if reset to defaults). It should reset to the intended default if you haven't already modified it. Same as above for WillingOfferOdds.
Fixed the 'map has no people' error showing up when loading a map in the map editor (it was supposed to disregard that check in the map editor)
Fixed a bunch of miscellanous text errors, including misspellings, several interactions that were assigned to the wrong thing, and a few places where brackets were left in messages.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Unbridled Hedonism V9B

Postby PhantomOfMars » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:48 pm

I really appreciate you finishing this out. I like the vore power scale, even if it doesn't give the same control as actually setting a race's size would.

I have noticed that the endo or digestion suppression thing does this: {SUPPRESSED}
Was that the intended behavior?
PhantomOfMars
Somewhat familiar

Re: Unbridled Hedonism V9B

Postby Aurilika » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:41 pm

PhantomOfMars wrote:I really appreciate you finishing this out. I like the vore power scale, even if it doesn't give the same control as actually setting a race's size would.

I have noticed that the endo or digestion suppression thing does this: {SUPPRESSED}
Was that the intended behavior?

No, that was unintended. I'd forgotten that witnessing events and participating in events was handled separately, so there were a few bugs.(In that case, your own endo messages were filtered, but not ones from anyone else) They should all be ironed out now. It's possible that the filtering could use a little more tweaking, but this should at least resolve the major issues.

9C released, to fix up some discovered errors with text in this patch. I figured I'd go ahead and upload it, since it could be disruptive for some people, and the timing of the next patch would be dependent on what else pops up.

9C:
Fixed the <link> text showing up in the pop-up messages.
Fixed some bugs in the message suppression function - I'd forgotten that the witness and participants used different chains of logic. The message suppression will also now exclude failed struggles. Also, it will always display text for a message you personally do.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Unbridled Hedonism V9C

Postby Esenk » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:06 pm

Is there any way currently to make it so predators vore in "private" (e.g. dorm rooms) exclusively? I prefer the game's universe to operate where vore isn't common knowledge and predators have to be sneaky (the "vore knowledge" checkbox is, as stated on mouse-over, a cosmetic/conditional text related change, and doesn't seem to affect pred AI).

I know about PredInPrivate, AbductorPred, SirenPred, etc. but even with those on, it seems the majority of the vore in the vore log is still "public place/library/shower" etc.

Also tried tweaking "help prey"/"freeing odds" and such, to make voring around witnesses less likely to succeed, but that doesn't seem to prevent the AI from attempting it in public with the same high frequency, at least in my experience. But I may be tweaking the variables wrong, and I'm wondering if anyone's had success in this regard.
Esenk
New to the forum

Postby DerekBaumsKitchenGun » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:39 pm

Esenk wrote:Is there any way currently to make it so predators vore in "private" (e.g. dorm rooms) exclusively? I prefer the game's universe to operate where vore isn't common knowledge and predators have to be sneaky (the "vore knowledge" checkbox is, as stated on mouse-over, a cosmetic/conditional text related change, and doesn't seem to affect pred AI).

I know about PredInPrivate, AbductorPred, SirenPred, etc. but even with those on, it seems the majority of the vore in the vore log is still "public place/library/shower" etc.

Also tried tweaking "help prey"/"freeing odds" and such, to make voring around witnesses less likely to succeed, but that doesn't seem to prevent the AI from attempting it in public with the same high frequency, at least in my experience. But I may be tweaking the variables wrong, and I'm wondering if anyone's had success in this regard.

Maybe try turning the Extroversion stat down?
DerekBaumsKitchenGun
New to the forum

Postby DetonaTuto » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:46 pm

So... I downloaded the game and I can't launch it. I looked for a .exe file to launch the game, but... no luck. Help?
DetonaTuto
Somewhat familiar

Postby LostSoul13 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:16 pm

DetonaTuto wrote:So... I downloaded the game and I can't launch it. I looked for a .exe file to launch the game, but... no luck. Help?

It sounds like you probably downloaded the source code by mistake
LostSoul13
Been posting for a bit

Postby DetonaTuto » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:27 pm

LostSoul13 wrote:
DetonaTuto wrote:So... I downloaded the game and I can't launch it. I looked for a .exe file to launch the game, but... no luck. Help?

It sounds like you probably downloaded the source code by mistake

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. ^^; Thanks for the help :D
DetonaTuto
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:23 pm

Esenk wrote:Is there any way currently to make it so predators vore in "private" (e.g. dorm rooms) exclusively? I prefer the game's universe to operate where vore isn't common knowledge and predators have to be sneaky (the "vore knowledge" checkbox is, as stated on mouse-over, a cosmetic/conditional text related change, and doesn't seem to affect pred AI).

I think I can pretty easily set that up as an option, so I'll go ahead and do that.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MadEnough » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:28 pm

If there's time for it in your final patch/developments, could there be an option/toggle to have orgasms damage prey? If not, that's fine, I know you're really just finishing up. Thanks for all you've done up to this point.
MadEnough
Been posting for a bit

Postby Windrin » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:46 am

I figured this might be useful for others. I made a little python script for myself that takes images in a folder and renames them from whatever list of names you give it (also generates a new name list for UH to use). Useful for giving faces to characters without any manual work. For example, downloading a bunch of images from r/ecchi with gallery-dl and a list of names from the internet, and quickly generating your own cast of characters that the game can choose from. (Note: I'm terrible at python, there's probably a better way to do this, but at least it's fast.)

Here's a video showing how to use it, basically just put everything in a folder and run the script. The script can overwrite things, I've tried covering my bases, but just in case, don't run this in a folder that you don't mind losing the contents of (or make a backup of that folder first).

https://v.redd.it/nheg2lvg6ed81/DASH_10 ... e=fallback

It should work on Windows as well, presumably just doing the same from a command line, but I've only tested on Linux. The script also doesn't need to be run as root, I'm just doing that to hide my name.

Here's the script: https://pastebin.com/pnsdtPbp

Edit: fixed an issue with the name list, new link
Last edited by Windrin on Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windrin
New to the forum

Postby Esenk » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:18 pm

DerekBaumsKitchenGun wrote:Maybe try turning the Extroversion stat down?

I believe that's just for frequency of social interactions but I gave it a shot just to check, and it doesn't seem to do the trick, unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Aurilika wrote:I think I can pretty easily set that up as an option, so I'll go ahead and do that.

That would be wonderful, thanks for looking into it. But if it ends up being more complicated, don't suffer on my account; you've already given us a phenomenal game here.
Esenk
New to the forum

Postby Akai24 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:43 am

What do you think about Indigestion with % of regurgitation with trait that will increase the indigestion rate(Mentioned Mar 06)
Sincerely Akai
Akai24
New to the forum

Postby AnomalousOrk » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:18 pm

Quick question, how do you get the 3d version to work in game?
Thank you for your time,
AnomalusOrk
AnomalousOrk
New to the forum

Postby DerekBaumsKitchenGun » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:58 pm

AnomalousOrk wrote:Quick question, how do you get the 3d version to work in game?
Thank you for your time,
AnomalusOrk

The 3D version adds several characters that have models, just add them through the "Add Saved Characters" menu. They will have orange names, similar to Auri's character.
DerekBaumsKitchenGun
New to the forum

Postby ForggotenPrey » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:17 pm

If you are still planning adding some more things (not sure if you are since your announcement) can you add the ability to force feed yourself to a pred? also an option to convivence a pred/friend to hunt after a specific character, oh and an option for other characters/the player to convince a pred who's eaten somebody to switch from endo/digestion? I know this is a lot just curious if they can be added
ForggotenPrey
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:24 am

MadEnough wrote:If there's time for it in your final patch/developments, could there be an option/toggle to have orgasms damage prey? If not, that's fine, I know you're really just finishing up. Thanks for all you've done up to this point.

Hmm, not sure if I want to tackle that or not.

Akai24 wrote:What do you think about Indigestion with % of regurgitation with trait that will increase the indigestion rate(Mentioned Mar 06)
Sincerely Akai

I think at this point I'm mostly just going to do fixes.

ForggotenPrey wrote:If you are still planning adding some more things (not sure if you are since your announcement) can you add the ability to force feed yourself to a pred? also an option to convivence a pred/friend to hunt after a specific character, oh and an option for other characters/the player to convince a pred who's eaten somebody to switch from endo/digestion? I know this is a lot just curious if they can be added

Unfortunately, at this point I don't think I really want to get into adding more interactions.

9D released.

9D:
Fixed up some issues with the Suppressed messages option, it was supposed to always let struggle successes through, but the logic was flipped so it was always letting struggle fails through. Also now suppresses the PreyScream interaction as well.
Added a game option for secretive vore - if enabled AI characters will not attempt to eat anyone outside of a dorm room, though characters with a vendetta against someone will still try to eat that person on sight. Note that this greatly reduces the amount of vore attempts.
Changed the way the symbol assigner works (used if you're not using abbreviations). Now it simply assigns . for the 63rd person and onwards, allowing to at least see where people are if there are no more unique identifiers to give. The old system was continuing on through non-displayed symbols before eventually giving up and just returning an empty string.
Source issue only - Fixed an issue where the game world didn't display properly in the version without the 3d characters.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Unbridled Hedonism V9D

Postby fadetoblack19 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:21 pm

Version 9 has been pretty good Auri! I do have a couple of questions however.

I've noticed AI will never rub the balls of a pred who's cock vored someone. Is this intentional since it's a no prompt romantic action?
For the trait "selectively willing" does it mean that they'll only be willingly ate at high levels of friendship/love? Do they willingly offer themselves if they like you enough?

Sorry for the dumb questions. And Thanks again for the awesome work you've done.
fadetoblack19
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game