Predatorial (RPG Maker VX Ace) V6D (2024 April 06)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Predatorial (RPG Maker VX Ace) V1

Postby Amon258877 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:22 am

I finished playing the game and I must say that it has strengths and weaknesses (the defects are slightly more incisive than the strengths).
Advantages:
1.I liked the combat and zone exploration system.
2.The way to convince the predators to come with you is original and honestly I appreciated it very much
3. The 2 books that allow you to be self-sufficient and to create today are a good idea.
Defects:
1. to get rid of a predator that you don't want, I have to plant it in the dryade garden.
2.It does not satisfy the vore I expected to find as scenes or in that case the vaginal or anal vore.
3.I expected some special scenes if you bring a predator's affinity to a certain level like: sex scenes, oral, vaginal or anal devouring scenes.
I hope that my opinion can help the growth of the game, otherwise it is a good game. :D
Amon258877
Been posting for a bit

Postby vore2412 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:12 am

So far this game is extremely promising. A question I have, are both books accessible in the library or only the chosen one?

A bug I found for the chosen one is that when you get to the part with the dark elf, there's no way to go back to the library after that. If you try to go back it forces you into the same battle. Only losing or loading up a save gets you out of there.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DivineSomaCruz » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:41 am

Make sure you work as much on the main game itself as the collection in the library. This game has a lot of potential, and I hope to see it grow well.
DivineSomaCruz
Somewhat familiar

Location: The Dark Side of the Internet (Which contains this place, obviously, lol)

Postby DetonaTuto » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:04 pm

This game has tons of potential and hope to see it grow in the future. Here are my suggestions:

1-Give more attention to the vore scenes. As of right now, they are too short and anticlimactic. Maybe adding a post-digestiong part with weight gain.
2-Allow the player to feed themselves to the preds they have recruited in they have enough affinity.
3-Add sound effects to the vore scenes.
4-Add special events with the friendly preds, like sex, unbirth and that sort of thing.

Hope I helped a bit. Keep the good work. :)
DetonaTuto
Somewhat familiar

Postby umakeisee » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:23 pm

Any way to resize the window? It's too big for my monitor, so text is cut off.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DivineSomaCruz » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:41 pm

umakeisee wrote:Any way to resize the window? It's too big for my monitor, so text is cut off.
Options menu
DivineSomaCruz
Somewhat familiar

Location: The Dark Side of the Internet (Which contains this place, obviously, lol)

Postby TheFetishBeast » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:49 pm

Predatorial V1A released. This version fixes a number of issues. Should be compatible with savefiles from the previous version.

V1A:
Added a new series of weapons (Currently inaccessible).
Fixed crash when recruiting prey characters at the billboard and personalizing their appearance while having four or more characters in your party.
Fixed softlock after encountering the Dark Elf in The Chosen One.
Temporarily removed <DigestRemove> from actors to prevent losing them when they digest an enemy (This was supposed to remove them from the party when they are digested by an enemy but instead removes them when they digest an enemy).
Temporarily removed <DigestGameOver> from main character as it doesn't seem to do anything at all at the moment.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby Asafen » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:49 pm

So I was in the forest, and I ate a spider and was working on the snake, and when the spider digested it seemed to think I digested instead and I got a game over. Not sure how that works.

Edit: nevermind, that was fixed literally a second ago. Wow.
Asafen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Anonymous111 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:23 am

why is being a pred controlled by race? That's slightly dumb because it unnecessarily limits the character creation. just make it an additional option.
Anonymous111
Somewhat familiar

Postby psaykotic » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:29 am

This game has tons of potential and hope to see it grow in the future. Here are my suggestions:

1-Give more attention to the vore scenes. As of right now, they are too short and anticlimactic. Maybe adding a post-digestiong part with weight gain.
2-Allow the player to feed themselves to the preds they have recruited in they have enough affinity.
4-Add special events with the friendly preds, like sex, unbirth and that sort of thing.

I want to add on to this since I agree ^

5- The saving in this game seems unnecessarily out of the way, it's a vore game, I'm sure many of us would like to save before we walk into a scene or before we turn in a quest, there isn't really a benefit aesthetically or mechanically to making the player return to the chapel to spend the time going through text page text page text page, save, text page text page, no thanks, text page bye. It's tedious and only serves to turn players away from the game. (Note, this could easily be mitigated by making vore scenes in the chapel, make the character care about who they are saving with by making her either a pred, or a prey, or giving the nun a personality of some sort that we don't mind going back to her and being reminded about that scene and/or character)
6- The inescapable mobs in the forest, I went to test it after I failed to escape 8 times in a row and died. I went there three more times, failed 6-8 times each visit before dying without a single escape, so I have to assume it's either extremely low chance of escape or none at all, either way the mechanic is merely frustrating to deal with when you are trying to accomplish something aside from combat, and again, unnecessarily so. If they are inescapable, make it clear to the player [can't escape this fight] so they aren't spamming escape just to be denied over and over and over. Also the bind mechanic from the spiders seems to be indefinite? I had a player stuck for the entire fight, 6 or 7 rounds before I killed the spiders and they never lost that debuff, again, an unnecessarily unfair and frustrating mechanic for your players to get tired of, especially when they can bind everyone in your party.
7- Healing at the inn is rather expensive it seems, 150 for a 3 person party to heal? with the really small health pools this seems like a steep price when quests only give you enough money to heal 2-3 times, out of combat. Having inescapable combat and a forced/expensive healing system can be extremely tedious. It feels like if you are trying to do a quest, you are better off quitting and reloading a save over and over and over rather than wasting your money and time fighting monsters or trying to escape them. It's not a great feeling having to come back from the chapel over and over again to try and get a quest or specific enemy to pop up during exploration.
8. potions heal for about as much as 1 hit from some enemies, sometimes less, they seem rather useless at the moment.

Games are certainly supposed to be challenging in some way or often times they aren't satisfying and can't really be called more than a visual novel (Which is also fine). That being said, the desire of your gamers isn't usually to be vehemently challenged as it is to experience the story you've created and in the case of vore games, this becomes even more about the story or vore scenes you've implemented. I just want to mention this to keep in mind because challenging your player with mechanics that are merely frustrating and don't add any flavor to the game is only going to push them away.

I want to be clear, these aren't criticism to say that the game is bad, I'm just trying to be constructive since there is a lot of potential in this game and I'd love to see where it goes, I plan to keep an eye out for each update =) I won't be offended in the least if you say "I don't agree with you at all, I'll keep doing it my way" Absolutely, it's your game, none of us can tell you how you have to make it. I'm just trying to give some unbiased feedback from a player who has played most of the games that have been posted on Eka's portal.
psaykotic
Been posting for a bit

Postby Enteresting » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:08 pm

psaykotic wrote:

I want to add on to this since I agree ^

5- The saving in this game seems unnecessarily out of the way, it's a vore game, I'm sure many of us would like to save before we walk into a scene or before we turn in a quest, there isn't really a benefit aesthetically or mechanically to making the player return to the chapel to spend the time going through text page text page text page, save, text page text page, no thanks, text page bye. It's tedious and only serves to turn players away from the game. (Note, this could easily be mitigated by making vore scenes in the chapel, make the character care about who they are saving with by making her either a pred, or a prey, or giving the nun a personality of some sort that we don't mind going back to her and being reminded about that scene and/or character)
6- The inescapable mobs in the forest, I went to test it after I failed to escape 8 times in a row and died. I went there three more times, failed 6-8 times each visit before dying without a single escape, so I have to assume it's either extremely low chance of escape or none at all, either way the mechanic is merely frustrating to deal with when you are trying to accomplish something aside from combat, and again, unnecessarily so. If they are inescapable, make it clear to the player [can't escape this fight] so they aren't spamming escape just to be denied over and over and over. Also the bind mechanic from the spiders seems to be indefinite? I had a player stuck for the entire fight, 6 or 7 rounds before I killed the spiders and they never lost that debuff, again, an unnecessarily unfair and frustrating mechanic for your players to get tired of, especially when they can bind everyone in your party.
7- Healing at the inn is rather expensive it seems, 150 for a 3 person party to heal? with the really small health pools this seems like a steep price when quests only give you enough money to heal 2-3 times, out of combat. Having inescapable combat and a forced/expensive healing system can be extremely tedious. It feels like if you are trying to do a quest, you are better off quitting and reloading a save over and over and over rather than wasting your money and time fighting monsters or trying to escape them. It's not a great feeling having to come back from the chapel over and over again to try and get a quest or specific enemy to pop up during exploration.
8. potions heal for about as much as 1 hit from some enemies, sometimes less, they seem rather useless at the moment.

Games are certainly supposed to be challenging in some way or often times they aren't satisfying and can't really be called more than a visual novel (Which is also fine). That being said, the desire of your gamers isn't usually to be vehemently challenged as it is to experience the story you've created and in the case of vore games, this becomes even more about the story or vore scenes you've implemented. I just want to mention this to keep in mind because challenging your player with mechanics that are merely frustrating and don't add any flavor to the game is only going to push them away.

I want to be clear, these aren't criticism to say that the game is bad, I'm just trying to be constructive since there is a lot of potential in this game and I'd love to see where it goes, I plan to keep an eye out for each update =) I won't be offended in the least if you say "I don't agree with you at all, I'll keep doing it my way" Absolutely, it's your game, none of us can tell you how you have to make it. I'm just trying to give some unbiased feedback from a player who has played most of the games that have been posted on Eka's portal.

In regards to sleeping at an Inn, you can buy Sandwiches for 10 Source that heal 20% health, though they can't be used in battle. Plus, if you're absolutely struggling for money, Gather Resources and sell them for small amounts. It's not difficult to make money, if a tad tedious at times.
Also, in regards to team mates, it's better to train your main character up first to about level 3, and then hire someone instead of trying to go for a full party at the beginning.

Final note: Humans have a magic attack and healing skill they can use, so it might be an idea to start as one unless you're looking for a challenge.
Enteresting
Participator

Re: Predatorial (RPG Maker VX Ace) V1A

Postby Zomulgustar » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:05 pm

Love it so far. Feels more old school than most, but has a more modern look. I wish auto run could be toggled, and though the saving mechanic is nostalgic, it is kind of annoying at times since I want to try every path. Including the game over ones. The remake of The chosen one looks great. How much time did that take? Seems to end right where the initial demo did years ago. Is the plan to remake the entire thing? There is a game breaking infinite loop in the main game. If you give the dryad another golem then the event tries to repeat itself and you build the smith over and over infinitely. Other than that I mainly think balance stuff could be tweaked. Like staying at the inn costing so much when it's the only time skipping mechanic. I kind of wish predators were a bit more vicious and could target more than just the main character with more lethal battle mechanics on digestion. More like a boss fight. Some of the predators can be useful teammates, others seem completely useless and can't even be equipped. accessories don't seem to work correctly for anyone. Still trying to find out if I can do anything more with the mermaid and the clam girl. Thanks for the game so far
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby TheFetishBeast » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:28 pm

@Anonymous111: I'm not sure if this is possible. I'm using RPG Maker VX Ace's Class system to determine a character's race. When you choose race, you're actually choosing a class. Each race has unique traits to them and predator races have special traits that prey races don't. I'm not sure if I can determine those traits using something that's not related to classes. I might consider trying to make this possible for the main character but recruits and predators will remain the same.

@psaykotic:
5: Unfortunately, the saving system actually does serve a mechanical purpose. Or perhaps I should call it a bug-prevention purpose? It's a means to allow for players to use their old savefiles whenever a new version of the game is released. By limiting where players can save the game, it allows me to know where they are so that I can avoid making changes to places where they might have saved their game. I'm gonna try to add more save locations and make saving less tedious (Like adding a 'quick save' option to the church) but, so far, even though I've only been thinking about it, saving in areas has proven not to be possible.
6: I don't know anything about escaping monsters not being possible so I see a combination of reasons for this. 1: You probably went in alone and I'd assume that fewer members in the party makes escaping more difficult (This is an RPG Maker VX Ace thing, I don't know how it's calculated). 2: RPG Maker VX Ace seems to prefer that the Agility and Luck stats are usually twice as high as your other four stats. I don't create games by those standards so this might have affected the escape odds. 3: You've had a series of extreme bad luck. Sounds like the story of my life.
7: I always did feel like sleeping at the inn was rather expensive. If I recall correctly, I'm pretty sure I had a reason for that. What that reason was though, I don't remember. I'll think about it and might lower the cost.
8: Hmm, 25% of 40 HP... 10 Points... Yeah, they are pretty weak, aren't they? Maybe I should have them heal an absolute amount instead...

@Enteresting: Personally, I prefer to hire two recruits while making sure I have at least one healer in the party. Never had any trouble with this setup, unless I changed the difficulty... You know, I probably need to put up a sign in the inn showing people that there's a basement with a dojo where you can learn new skills...

@Zomulgustar: I had a look at the 'Golem's Workshop' quest and I've found the fault and fixed. Can't say for sure when the fix will be released.
Yes, I intend to remake the entirety of The Chosen One.
There will be an alternate free (I think) way to skip time at the Garden at some point.
Enemy Predators are able to eat your allies, not just you. If they've only eaten you then it's probably because they never got the chance during battle and you're only talking about how they eat you during conversations.
I don't think there's anything wrong with accessories. It's just that their stat increases are so small that you don't really feel any tangible difference. I can't increase their stats though. I mean, imagine if the 'Lucky Ring' gave you a 20% increase in Crit Rate. Equip three of those and you suddenly have a 60% Crit Rate, which is WAY too high.
There's nothing else to do with either the Mermaid or the Clam Girl after their initial quests. Whether or not either of them is gonna have anything else in the future, I cannot say for sure.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby Achenar » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:55 pm

Is it not actually possible to get eaten by the Holstaur? I've tried every option in talk, and I just had a fight with her where I let her slowly whittle down four party members to zero and she never once attempted to devour...
Achenar
Participator

Postby psaykotic » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:57 pm

@TheFetishBeast

lol, I definitely had some bad luck then, I didn't know you didn't have direct control over the escape mechanic, sorry for making the criticism sound harsh about it but I had 3 encounters in a row in the forest where I had zero successful escapes even though I had 3 people in the party and entered the fight with full health.

The saving reason definitely makes sense, I hadn't considered that, just compared it to games I've seen around here often which have save points anywhere and everywhere, a quick save though would be an excellent option

I didn't consider the health potion was 25%, but yeah, 10 hp was rather low I thought it was a flat amount and was surprised that I barely healed as much as I had taken damage, I guess I need to level up a bit?
psaykotic
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheFetishBeast » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:21 pm

@Achenar: It's most certainly possible. When chatting with her, sometimes she offers to feed you some of her breastmilk (I've always been a sucker for that stuff, pun intended). Accept her offer and there's a chance that you'll fall in love with her, at which point she'll eat you. As for the battle with her, she often uses her Tackle skill, which uses up 20 AP and she needs 50 AP to use the Devour skill. This is why she rarely attempts to eat you. I have an idea for a solution to this but I don't have the skills to pull it off I'm afraid.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby DivineSomaCruz » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:07 pm

Zomulgustar wrote:There is a game breaking infinite loop in the main game. If you give the dryad another golem then the event tries to repeat itself and you build the smith over and over infinitely.

How do you get that quest? I've only gotten the quest for the first Earth Elemental. Giving the Dryad a second seems to do nothing. Is there something specific to do that activates the quest availability?
DivineSomaCruz
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zomulgustar » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:22 pm

DivineSomaCruz wrote:
Zomulgustar wrote:There is a game breaking infinite loop in the main game. If you give the dryad another golem then the event tries to repeat itself and you build the smith over and over infinitely.

How do you get that quest? I've only gotten the quest for the first Earth Elemental. Giving the Dryad a second seems to do nothing. Is there something specific to do that activates the quest availability?

Fairly certain I just gave her a golem after the earth elemental quest was over. Then look at special requests.

As for accessories, the ring of life and bracer count as offhand. For some reason I never checked the other rings after that, even when I had the money. The 3 other rings and the boots work just fine
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby jasamprn » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:33 pm

There... is a bit of weird code in the DBS script in regards to game overing that might be whats breaking it.

Try changing the line

BattleManager.process_defeat if $game_party.members.size > 1
to
BattleManager.process_defeat

Might just entirely break it because it's duct taping something else, But that's all I can see with the 10 minutes I had to try and work out how it's ment to work.
jasamprn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Achenar » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:01 pm

TheFetishBeast wrote:@Achenar: It's most certainly possible. When chatting with her, sometimes she offers to feed you some of her breastmilk (I've always been a sucker for that stuff, pun intended). Accept her offer and there's a chance that you'll fall in love with her, at which point she'll eat you. As for the battle with her, she often uses her Tackle skill, which uses up 20 AP and she needs 50 AP to use the Devour skill. This is why she rarely attempts to eat you. I have an idea for a solution to this but I don't have the skills to pull it off I'm afraid.

I've tried this a lot and never actually had it trigger, is there some other condition? Or is the % chance just really low?
Achenar
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game