Twilight VS: A vore themed boss fighter. update: 0.4.5

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Haven't done a poll in awhile, so... What do you think of the sphinx so far?

She's good.
67%
She's fine, but I want a new pred already
28%
Eh, she aight
2%
I don't like her.
3%

Total votes : 331

Re: Twilight VS: A vore themed boss fighter. update: 0.4.5

Postby bonberjean » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:07 am

Trixie would be cool one to add in the future
http://bonberjean.deviantart.com/

I am Brazilian, have something against it?

My RP: http://rp.aryion.com/profile/Jean_Marcel
bonberjean
Participator

Postby Maexam2 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:44 pm

bonberjean wrote:Trixie would be cool one to add in the future

Oh GOD. Please NO!
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RandomInjury » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:37 am

Maexam2 wrote:

Oh GOD. Please NO!

What's wrong with that?
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby Maexam2 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:04 am

RandomInjury wrote:
Maexam2 wrote:

Oh GOD. Please NO!

What's wrong with that?

Well, nothing against people who like Trixie. Taste is taste after all. But in my case? I just can't stand her, at all! Honestly, she's just as annoying as that little brat Scrappy-Doo (from Scooby-Doo). I won't go on details, as it would offend others, but in short, I would very much like to throw her into a garbage compactor.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby amerdism » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:15 am

Wish there was an easy mode, not the best at these types of games
amerdism
Been posting for a bit

Postby bonberjean » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:52 pm

Maexam2 wrote:
RandomInjury wrote:
What's wrong with that?

Well, nothing against people who like Trixie. Taste is taste after all. But in my case? I just can't stand her, at all! Honestly, she's just as annoying as that little brat Scrappy-Doo (from Scooby-Doo). I won't go on details, as it would offend others, but in short, I would very much like to throw her into a garbage compactor.

All the more reason to add her, since you dislike her so much, you'll probably be very motivated to beat her instead of losing to her
http://bonberjean.deviantart.com/

I am Brazilian, have something against it?

My RP: http://rp.aryion.com/profile/Jean_Marcel
bonberjean
Participator

Postby Maexam2 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:20 pm

bonberjean wrote:
Maexam2 wrote:
RandomInjury wrote:
What's wrong with that?

All the more reason to add her, since you dislike her so much, you'll probably be very motivated to beat her instead of losing to her

Tipically, that would be a good logic to use IRL. However, that's not the case in games, anime, tv shows, etc... Stadistically, if there are characters that the pubilc do not like then they will not play/watch the title in question. It is the same for each player. If there is character in a game that a player dosen't like, then there is a higher chance that said player will simply drop the game instead of playing it than the opposite, more so when it comes to free games.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Firon » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:55 pm

then by your logic Maexam...don't play the game...don't complain about something that gets added that you don't like when you can just as simply follow your own advice
Firon
---

Postby killermeow » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:47 pm

Yes seriously Maexam, it's a game you don't have to beat the previous character to get to the next. You don't have any reason to fight her if you don't want to fight her, so the simple, easy solution is just to not fight her if you don't like her. Plus, it's still just a suggestion right now and you're not the one in creative control, if you don't like that, my advice would be to kindly fuck off rather than spewing vitriol over it. If she gets added, you lose nothing by never fighting her. If she doesn't get added, your tirade was for nothing. Either way, you literally never have to care, so don't be a dick to people who might care about seeing her get added.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Maexam2 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:02 pm

Firon wrote:then by your logic Maexam...don't play the game...don't complain about something that gets added that you don't like when you can just as simply follow your own advice

Ignoring Killermeow and their vulgarities, I wasn't trying to dissuade you from playing the game or anything like that. I simply stated my opinion on the matter, you answered and I responded in kind, nothing else. And you are indeed correct. If she does gets added, I will either not play the game or simply skip her. My apologies if at any point my words offended you, as that was not my intention. It was simply a debate between people with different ideas between the two of us. In any case, I wish you a good, happy and healthy 2022.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby OlStoneEars » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:43 pm

So, uh... Gamejolt has decided games like these are a no-no now. Any plans on where to relocate it? Or is it to remain download only for now?
OlStoneEars
Been posting for a bit

Postby VirtuosoViking » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:46 pm

It can be played as a standalone game on your computer. Pretty sure there's still a direct download link on the first page.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby reclusenutcase » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:59 pm

VirtuosoViking wrote:It can be played as a standalone game on your computer. Pretty sure there's still a direct download link on the first page.

Oh right. I forgot to mention that all my games have moved to newgrounds. I'll link it in the description. Gamejolt can purge all my stuff, but now I have moved.

Here is the link to my page:

https://reclusenutcase.newgrounds.com/
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby OlStoneEars » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:46 pm

reclusenutcase wrote:
VirtuosoViking wrote:It can be played as a standalone game on your computer. Pretty sure there's still a direct download link on the first page.

Oh right. I forgot to mention that all my games have moved to newgrounds. I'll link it in the description. Gamejolt can purge all my stuff, but now I have moved.

Here is the link to my page:

https://reclusenutcase.newgrounds.com/

Ah, excellent. Downloads are all well and good, but nothing beats the convenience for me of an online program I don't need to redownload every update.
OlStoneEars
Been posting for a bit

Postby empatheticapathy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:47 am

I'll take downloads over any other option any day. Been burned too many times by websites suddenly dying - or just my wifi lol.
But options are nice.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby reclusenutcase » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:23 am

So I did an update that features the sphinx, but I'm keeping it on newgrounds first since it's an early release and I don't know if it's a mess or not. So far it seemed solid, but there is a lot I could have missed. Feel free to try it. She has 6 game overs, and 4 winning endings. They are all kinda simple because I can't find an artist for ending images. Hope you like it.
reclusenutcase
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:55 am

Yeah, the wins all kinda suck, but whatever, it's fine.
I like that the fight places a lot of emphasis on spacing, and that you can choose to shield or dodge most of her attacks. I also like that being eaten hypnotized has different dialogue than being eaten while not hypnotized. I also like that things are slightly pussy-focused, with her generic gameover being what it is and all.
That said, there's a lot of typos. She calls Twilight a 'bookwork' in one gameover, some of her riddles are questions that end in periods - I can't think of any others right now, but her dialogue as a whole could use a once-over. And she could just use more dialogue in general - she starts to feel really repetitive after a few tries, much moreso than the other preds. I'm totally willing to write lines for you if you want.
I feel like there should be come kind of effect to indicate Twilight getting transformed in the generic end so we know what happened. Doesn't have to be anything crazy. An energy orb flies out of the sphinx's jewelry and hits (still pony) Twilight, there's a poof, and now she's TFed.
Also, for the 'through a door' riddle, I feel like 'doorknob' should be a valid answer. It fits what she said.
Oh and if you do wanna fix the wins, since you don't have art for it, I'd personally be fine with more interesting scenarios being described in text over a fade-to-black.
Last edited by empatheticapathy on Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Horatius Horatio » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:46 am

Is 4.6 not downloadable?
Horatius Horatio
Been posting for a bit

Postby scottypilgrim » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:38 am

This is my favorite update so far. Love all the scenes and the character is beautiful. Game over scenes are fun but I definitely prefer the in game sprites and stuff. One thing to report is using the arrow keys to evade hypnosis causes the game screen to move and twilight to jump and stuff. Not sure if that's something to do with how I have the game player focused or what not. Either way it was tons of fun and appreciate all the work you did!
scottypilgrim
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SilentOne » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:08 pm

Really enjoyed this! I've been looking forward to seeing the sphinx implemented, since she is by far my favorite MLP world pred.

The essential design of the level is good; I think sharpening the focus on spacing and jumping made for some interesting play. I'm not sure that the hypnosis attack is supposed to be called at what feels like random points right after attacks, since it often results in unavoidable damage.
Only figured out one of the riddles, but that's just my brain's problem ;P

Using the in-game sprites for the game overs worked surprisingly well, about the only thing I honestly wish was there was a post-digestion pic/sprite for the "eaten without hypnosis" game over. But that's just my taste.

Newgrounds does have an issue with right-click inputs, that if you do it close to the edge of the play-screen it brings up a context menu and you can't input anything in the game until you click out of it; plus the fullscreen felt laggy, which is a bit of a problem when the F hotkey puts it in fullscreen, and it's easy to hit it accidentally when using wasd. But that's not really anything on your end.
SilentOne
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game