[Beta][Unity]The Essence of Gender 3D 2023-02-09

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: [Alpha][Unity]The Essence of Gender 3D 2021-11-24

Postby ugre » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:16 am

No, only talking and getting the quest is implemented.

Thinking about it now only getting a quest is quite underwhelming from player perspective, but coding the dialogue system and getting it to give quests was a achievement for me personally as a unity dev.

When I time I will continue the quest lines.
ugre
Somewhat familiar

Postby grim667 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:30 pm

Ahh, explains it, thought I done something wrong :).. which is ushally what happens. Can't wait to see how it progreses,
grim667
Heavy user

Postby PervyLesbian02 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:00 pm

Okay, so... whenever I unpack the 3D version, it claims that there's a bunch of file paths it can't find, and then when I try to boot up the game, it just leaves me sitting on a black screen with nothing to do. Furthermore, the original 2D version seems to be broken as well- I can't do anything to anyone I defeat, and pretty much the only thing I can do is let myself get defeated.
Edit: Also, surrendering to an enemy freezes/crashes the 2D game.
Edit AGAIN: Strangely, the 2D game works just fine if I don't enable vore... how annoying.
Yet another edit holy fuck: ...the 2D game's vore is working perfectly fine now that I did some non-vore gameplay for a bit. The hell?
k thanks for reading something I said
PervyLesbian02
Somewhat familiar

Postby bahamut24 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:28 pm

hello, i downloaded and opened mac version. inside the folder, there is no open to game and only have 'contents' folders. how to open game?

i already have app that opened .7z files
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

Postby ugre » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:07 am

bahamut24 wrote:hello, i downloaded and opened mac version. inside the folder, there is no open to game and only have 'contents' folders. how to open game?

i already have app that opened .7z files

I have no personal experince with running the mac build but quoting an other mac player
I'm on a mac and had to change the permissions (chmod +x) to your "whatever Essence of Gender directory/Contents/TEoG 3D" to get it to execute.

I need to write an tutorial text and add it to the build folder, it's harder when I don't own any mac myself so I can test anything.
ugre
Somewhat familiar

Postby bahamut24 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:35 pm

thank for reply the solution but i have no idea how to change the permission
bahamut24
Somewhat familiar

Postby PowerPuncher702 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:02 am

Not gonna lie, from what I've played of the game so far, this might actually be the best 3D vore game I've ever played! (Bit of bias there since this is the only 3D vore game I've actually played)

I do have a question tho: Does what class you're born into actually mean anything?

Also, I have a suggestion: A proper sandbox mode, one where you can basically do anything you want such as raise your hp, spawn enemies, give yourself money/items/essence etc. It wouldn't be unlocked already tho: Maybe as a reward for completing the bandit quest or completing your own home?
PowerPuncher702
New to the forum

Postby ugre » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:00 am

The start class currently does nothing expect gives some bonus start stats. I have planned in the future to have dialogues where certain options are unlocked if you meet condition a or b and etc...

I have added a test island but it does only have essence, exp and gold gain atm, it's a kind of a "Patreon" benefit but you can find the portal without having to subscribe. I can give a clue and say its' close to the market.
Also I will add a shop on that island for all items.

And as for spawning enemies I will look into it as it would help me with debugging and I'm already building tools for adding custom lose scenarios and similar.
ugre
Somewhat familiar

Re: [Alpha][Unity]The Essence of Gender 3D 2021-12-06

Postby rallenjm » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:58 pm

i still not able to move when sting a new game i wounder if its due to me being on windows 11 i think
rallenjm
New to the forum

Postby Nightshadow101 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:24 pm

so, thing is asking for a decryption key. any idea what thats about? what it is?
Nightshadow101
Been posting for a bit

Postby cackmed » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:30 pm

I'm facing the same problem as rallenjm, none of my movement controls are working either. I'm on a windows 10 64 bit system.
cackmed
New to the forum

Postby Nightshadow101 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:13 pm

cackmed wrote:I'm facing the same problem as rallenjm, none of my movement controls are working either. I'm on a windows 10 64 bit system.

are you getting the "enter decryption key" issue? or is that a me issue only?
Nightshadow101
Been posting for a bit

Postby ugre » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:55 am

You should not need any decryption key but I'm reuploading my builds because for some reason they have disappeared from my mega account while the links are still working??!

The moment bugs are strange and will check if I fucked up somewhere, I would test to see if double tapping "esc" releases mouse and allows movement it seems to me like I introduced some strange behavior when switching camera system and adding first person(which I currently not happy with).

I have "Hacked" some element of the movement system to allow mouse only playing so would surprise me if there is bugs still needing to be quashed in the movement system.
ugre
Somewhat familiar

Postby rallenjm » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:11 pm

The moment bugs are strange and will check if I fucked up somewhere, I would test to see if double tapping "esc" releases mouse and allows movement it seems to me like I introduced some strange behavior when switching camera system and adding first person(which I currently not happy with).

tried did not work funny thing is all keys but movement are working
rallenjm
New to the forum

Postby killermeow » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:53 pm

Same issue, any of the menu keys are fine, but everything relating to movement does nothing. Also, going into first person removes the mouse even inside of menus - which is really annoying when you're trying to scroll up and suddenly lose your mouse. Speaking of, why is looking around bound to holding left click? Holding right click or being bound by mouse movement is always the way to go, having to hold left click goes against literally every PC camera control in just about every game ever. At least first person has it bound to mouse movement like it should, but that doesn't help if we're stuck being unable to move.
Checked rebinding and saving/loading before I said screw it, neither did anything. Whatever you did to hack the movement system, it screwed the movement as a whole. I'd revert it and put mouse only movement on the backburner, that's an extremely niche control style anyways and if it breaks the standard stuff it's going to need tested BEFORE it gets released.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby grim667 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:50 pm

Two tings I found playing around,
1: ran to the shops first.. managed to get stuck in a building as it had not loaded till I was inside.. whoo for me :)
2: the little "test" island, I found in the old verson and it worked, now as soon as the land loads I can't move for some reason,
grim667
Heavy user

Postby ugre » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:41 pm

for those with movement bugs do you have a gamepad connected to your computer? There is a chance that gamepad takes priority over keyboard, I will look and see if there is a way to make it either optional or make both work.

Also I'm gonna try to find my own gamepad and do some testing with it later.
ugre
Somewhat familiar

Postby PowerPuncher702 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:38 pm

I had the same problem as him. Don't think it's anything to do with gamepads tho as I use keyboard and mouse and I couldn't move on the test island either
PowerPuncher702
New to the forum

Postby killermeow » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:41 pm

ugre wrote:for those with movement bugs do you have a gamepad connected to your computer? There is a chance that gamepad takes priority over keyboard, I will look and see if there is a way to make it either optional or make both work.

Also I'm gonna try to find my own gamepad and do some testing with it later.

KB+M only here, don't even have a gamepad to connect. Granted, I've also noticed Steam loading up controller settings on this computer despite not having one, but that's never disabled KB+M either so have largely ignored it as either a bug or dumb feature they put in. I'm betting its more likely something with the hacked movement system, because the menu shortcuts and the like still work ingame, just not any of the movement options (Moving, jumping, crouching etc)
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ugre » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:36 pm

The thing is menus working whereas movement doesn't on keyboard seems like a perfect fit for it being the wrong input scheme as only movement has control schemes for gamepad and apparently touch(leftover from testing now deleted), as this project is my first time working with unity's new input system I might have misunderstood something about how to setup the control schemes and which control they prioritize.

Because for me movement works both in editor and builds and this is the first thing I found that matches the bug, so I guess I try fix this for now and see if things improve while keeping an eye out for other explanations.

But it could also be that something is wrong with the timescale for movement to not work, does the clock under the mini map ever change time? It should tick forward every couple of seconds.

Also on the subject of the my changes to the movement system they only affect movement(forward, backward, turning, etc..) itself not jumping, crouching, etc.. so if you can't jump it something outside calling the movement system that is failing.
ugre
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game