Devourment Refactor

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Refactor

Postby BigFudge44 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:47 pm

I was told this by someone who worked on the mod.
BigFudge44
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:40 pm

BigFudge44 wrote:I was told this by someone who worked on the mod.

If the weightmanager existed in isolation, sure. But it's running alongside the belly scaling script which is about as heavy duty as any script in any mod ever conceived of. I cannot stress enough just how much work the belly scaling script does in order to create the illusion of smoothish scaling. And the weightmanager is often running at the same time as the belly scaling script.

There are a lot of technical details about stacks and yielding behaviour, which might interest some people, and they are welcome to PM about that if they are curious.

So your source isn't wrong, but at the same time you should still try reducing the number of sliders in the weightmanager to see if that helps.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby griff_beeks » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:49 pm

This mod also needs a compatibility patch for the diaper mod >-> Would be nice to use those for disposal, or if NPCs had a small chance to use them / taunt about it...
griff_beeks
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:41 am

griff_beeks wrote:This mod also needs a compatibility patch for the diaper mod >-> Would be nice to use those for disposal, or if NPCs had a small chance to use them / taunt about it...

Good luck with your project! If you have any questions about to make your scripts interact with Devourment, feel free to ask.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby BigFudge44 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:41 am

Ok, so I tested it with the weightmanager turned off completely. Slow down is still there and is pretty much at the same intensity. I also turned off the miscmorphs addon as well just in case, slow down still the same. Now you said to test it out with fewer weightmanager sliders, I just turned off weightmanager altogether. Should I test it again with weightmanager on but fewer sliders? I assumed just turning off weightmanager would work, lemme know if I’m wrong there.
BigFudge44
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:28 pm

BigFudge44 wrote:Ok, so I tested it with the weightmanager turned off completely. Slow down is still there and is pretty much at the same intensity. I also turned off the miscmorphs addon as well just in case, slow down still the same. Now you said to test it out with fewer weightmanager sliders, I just turned off weightmanager altogether. Should I test it again with weightmanager on but fewer sliders? I assumed just turning off weightmanager would work, lemme know if I’m wrong there.

From what you've described, it seems like this is just the normal behaviour of Devourment. The belly scaling script hasn't changed substantially in quite a while, nor has there been any change to item digestion. The savefiles you posted didn't show anything abnormal.

There are certain bodies and outfits that will cause extreme lag when they are scaled using NiOverride (which has nothing to do with Devourment) -- but that typically so extreme that you'll be down at 1-2 fps, and I've only seen it happen with certain UUNP based meshes in LE.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Masxohn » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:33 pm

Random guess here, but have you picked the strong back perk? The slowdown you're talking about to me could refer to either a decrease in FPS or the player character slowing down due to eating someone (strong back perk negates this).
Masxohn
Participator

Postby markdf » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:10 pm

Masxohn wrote:Random guess here, but have you picked the strong back perk? The slowdown you're talking about to me could refer to either a decrease in FPS or the player character slowing down due to eating someone (strong back perk negates this).

I just assumed it was FPS drop... swallowing items shouldn't cause any speedmult reduction unless micro mode is enabled.
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rowanwigg » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:27 pm

Hi, sorry if this have been said before, but the newest version of scrambled bugs is not getting recognized by devourment.

I think it's causing the bugs I've been experiencing:

1.Can't struggle
2.Can't let Pred regurgitate/digest me
3.The Magic Effect "Swallowed your follower" doesn't go away even with console commands

Newest version of scrambled bugs requires .NET 5.0 Runtime so idk if that the issue

Is it something you can patch/fix?
Rowanwigg
Been posting for a bit

Postby markdf » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:38 am

Rowanwigg wrote:Hi, sorry if this have been said before, but the newest version of scrambled bugs is not getting recognized by devourment.

1.Can't struggle
3.The Magic Effect "Swallowed your follower" doesn't go away even with console commands

Newest version of scrambled bugs requires .NET 5.0 Runtime so idk if that the issue

Scrambled Bugs is not a requirement. That's why it's not listed here in the requirements section. It is a soft dependency, and only used for slightly better compatibility with Dirt And Blood.

Your problems sound more like you have some kind of input issue. Are you using a controller? And if so, does it work correctly if you switch to the keyboard?
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rowanwigg » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:09 am

markdf wrote:
Rowanwigg wrote:Hi, sorry if this have been said before, but the newest version of scrambled bugs is not getting recognized by devourment.

1.Can't struggle

Scrambled Bugs is not a requirement. That's why it's not listed here in the requirements section. It is a soft dependency, and only used for slightly better compatibility with Dirt And Blood.

Your problems sound more like you have some kind of input issue. Are you using a controller? And if so, does it work correctly if you switch to the keyboard?

Yeah you are right after you said it's an input issue I remembered I have the mod "auto input switch" it lets you switch to keyboard and controller without the need to unplug.
Devourment thought I was using a controller cause mine was plugged in but I was playing with keyboard.

Thanks for the help man.
Rowanwigg
Been posting for a bit

Postby nopeman777 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:42 am

Hey so I am sorry if this is a stupid or repeated question but how do I properly build the belly morphs in body slide? I am wanting to use the macross morphs btw. At first I just did a body present for all bellies bodies and outfits in the game and that made it where the bellies would only show up very small. I then singled out the groups for the devourment groups in bodyslide and set the vore prey belly to 100% for both low and high weights. After that I was able to see a full belly but it did not scale according to size or things like digestion. I then tried 0% at low weight and 100% but that only scaled the belly to the player or npc weight and did not scale. I am stuck at this point and while its not unbearable not to have scaling I want to know if there is a fix (or more likely at step I missed) Thanks for any help
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby markdf » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:32 am

nopeman777 wrote:Hey so I am sorry if this is a stupid or repeated question but how do I properly build the belly morphs in body slide? I am wanting to use the macross morphs btw. At first I just did a body present for all bellies bodies and outfits in the game and that made it where the bellies would only show up very small. I then singled out the groups for the devourment groups in bodyslide and set the vore prey belly to 100% for both low and high weights. After that I was able to see a full belly but it did not scale according to size or things like digestion. I then tried 0% at low weight and 100% but that only scaled the belly to the player or npc weight and did not scale. I am stuck at this point and while its not unbearable not to have scaling I want to know if there is a fix (or more likely at step I missed) Thanks for any help

Leave the sliders zeroed, and make sure you check the box labelled "Build Morphs".
markdf
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby nopeman777 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:25 am

markdf wrote:
nopeman777 wrote:Hey so I am sorry if this is a stupid or repeated question but how do I properly build the belly morphs in body slide? I am wanting to use the macross morphs btw. At first I just did a body present for all bellies bodies and outfits in the game and that made it where the bellies would only show up very small. I then singled out the groups for the devourment groups in bodyslide and set the vore prey belly to 100% for both low and high weights. After that I was able to see a full belly but it did not scale according to size or things like digestion. I then tried 0% at low weight and 100% but that only scaled the belly to the player or npc weight and did not scale. I am stuck at this point and while its not unbearable not to have scaling I want to know if there is a fix (or more likely at step I missed) Thanks for any help

Leave the sliders zeroed, and make sure you check the box labelled "Build Morphs".

I just tried zeroing the sliders and making sure I checked off build morphs before batch building but it causes the bellies to be very small again
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Antigone » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:07 pm

I think there is a misunderstanding between you two.
In my devourment building, I never touched the maccross belly in bodyslide (I'm using 3bav2 direct scaling and clothing conversions handmade; which need to leave the "build morphs" boxes Checked (And building zeroed) ).
I do not know if it is the same thing with macross morphs, but according to what you're describing, it seems not.
So, either you follow the guides in order to use 3bav2 Direct scaling and clothing conversions (1- I think it gives better visuals, 2- I think there are armor conversion data available on the discord); either if you wanna continue on macross, you should check directly devourment's discord where this misunderstanding/question must have been asked for at least 10 times.

Have a nice day fellaw.

Reminder: Check the discord, I swear 90% of questions you might ask have answers in it.
Antigone
Somewhat familiar

Postby nopeman777 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:11 pm

Antigone wrote:I think there is a misunderstanding between you two.
In my devourment building, I never touched the maccross belly in bodyslide (I'm using 3bav2 direct scaling and clothing conversions handmade; which need to leave the "build morphs" boxes Checked (And building zeroed) ).
I do not know if it is the same thing with macross morphs, but according to what you're describing, it seems not.
So, either you follow the guides in order to use 3bav2 Direct scaling and clothing conversions (1- I think it gives better visuals, 2- I think there are armor conversion data available on the discord); either if you wanna continue on macross, you should check directly devourment's discord where this misunderstanding/question must have been asked for at least 10 times.

Have a nice day fellaw.

Reminder: Check the discord, I swear 90% of questions you might ask have answers in it.

Hey thanks for the advice! Do you have the link to the discord or know where I can find it? Also where can I find that guide?
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Antigone » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:15 pm

Damn. I have been in it for like 2 years so I really do not know where to get it from. Anyway, I'm gonna send you an invitation in PM. If any silent reader wants it, you can try to search by yourself (Which I did 2y ago) or PM me, I shall answer in 48 hours but don't flag me if I don't, it's not my job or anything alike^^.
Last edited by Antigone on Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Antigone
Somewhat familiar

Postby Antigone » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:28 pm

As for the guide:

" Macross put together a guide looking at Bodyslide and Outfit Studio.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oiyk5i1bi9ogb ... r.pdf?dl=0 "

It is on the main post at the first page of this thread.

There are infos on skeptick's meshes (in 1rst), macross's meshes (in 2nd), and 3bav2 (in third) (pages 20 and 21)

Once again, have a nice day
Antigone
Somewhat familiar

Postby nopeman777 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:55 pm

Welp I tried looking at the guide and doing what it said for the macross and skeptic bellies but still no luck... I will try to look around on the discord unless there is any other suggestions here. Still thanks everyone
nopeman777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kalnareff » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:19 pm

I don't know if it's due to devourment refractor but recently my character has been shrinking or growing when I wait a few hours.
Is there any fix to that?
Kalnareff
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game