The Serpent's Paradox V0.1.1 - First Update!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: The Serpent's Paradox V0.1.0 - First Release!

Postby maxicrack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:47 pm

I loved the game so far!

I only encountered one issue, and that is that when I went to scare the drunken sailor, he phased through walls running away.
Scene still played out, though, so no gamebreakers I could find!
maxicrack
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheEvilWithin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:33 pm

I won't play it for now because I loathe disposal, but I can't wait to.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NightRoller » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:16 pm

Lots of interesting games coming out! I'll check this out at a later point, bookmarking now
We live in a culture of addictions. What's yours?
NightRoller
Somewhat familiar

Postby Protium » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:20 pm

Thank you everyone for the comments! I'm glad that overall, people are enjoying the game. I will respond to all of the comments at length when I have the time, but for anyone else that hasn't yet - feel free to leave one! I already have several ideas for how to make the changes some of you have suggested, and I'm sure the game will be all the better for it!
Protium
Been posting for a bit

Postby equino » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:23 pm

Hint: For those of you that have only found 4 pred scenes, you guys must be too chicken to try all the options...
equino
Somewhat familiar

Postby princedrake » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:11 am

Protium wrote:Thank you everyone for the comments! I'm glad that overall, people are enjoying the game. I will respond to all of the comments at length when I have the time, but for anyone else that hasn't yet - feel free to leave one! I already have several ideas for how to make the changes some of you have suggested, and I'm sure the game will be all the better for it!

good luck on your project, we are always gonna wait here
princedrake
Been posting for a bit

Postby NonamE1 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:17 am

Nice project. The storyline, characters, dialogues, graphics and mechanics. Absolutely everything in this game is just wonderful. I found all the scenes and all of them were exciting. really well described from the beginning to the very end. :D I explored absolutely all the available locations and talked to all the NPCs. I just couldn't tear myself away from the game. The reference to Raid was very unexpected. :-D Judging by what we have now, this is the birth of a new legend. I strongly believe that one day this masterpiece will not only equal but also surpass Nyan Adventures. Thank you for a great time. I look forward to continuing.
NonamE1
New to the forum

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:42 pm

This is fun, what I've seen of it so far, but I'm stuck in the cave because there's supposed to be one more item for Oliver and I've run around looking at every object in the entire complex and none of them are pick-up-able.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby forumlurker » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:31 pm

I really like the game so far as well! You might draw in more people if you posted a few screenshots in the OP as well.

With the apparant new ways of making money, combat seems doable, but it's still pretty annoying. The bats especially are very difficult to hit with them having a chance to blind you further. Just because of that, combat doesn't become hard if you bring enough potions, but just annoying and longwinded. It's not like you can fight smarter. Your special abilities can miss, are very expensive mana wise and you can't stock up enough magic water to bring for the entire dungeon. I was lvl 8 when I finished the first chapter. Is it intended that the "boss" does not give any exp after disposal?

Apart from that, the scenes and writing are top notch! I really like it all so far and can't wait to see more. I too can't find all scenes, despite me I think trying all dialogue options I found so far?

I don't mind the large maps and random encounters, as long as you really have the resources to keep going. Grinding too much won't be fun to play either. But again, in such cases enemies that keep blinding and evading you are the biggest annoyances for me in this case. Some maps could use an indication on whether you can do something already. For example, the harpy landed on the map to the east, but I can't find her again. Apart from a chest in the cave, I don't think anything can be done there? But I'm not sure. I assume the same holds true for the frog girl that sort off stole your catch of the day. With all the writing and impressive maps you made (my specific compliments on making a map of the village specifically to show the feast) putting in some more scenes in the current areas might not be a bad idea. So, overall; great job! If combat is a bit more balanced this would be up to the level of Halcyon's game or perhaps even better!

If someone has a list of all scenes and on how to get them, I gladly hear it.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AThrowaway27 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:02 pm

EmilyNidhoggr wrote:This is fun, what I've seen of it so far, but I'm stuck in the cave because there's supposed to be one more item for Oliver and I've run around looking at every object in the entire complex and none of them are pick-up-able.

Have you checked the stuff in the entrance room? I don't remember exactly which item it was, but 5 of the items are in the "Treasure" room, and the last one is in the main and/or bedroom, whatever you want to call it.
AThrowaway27
New to the forum

Postby Memester1234 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:30 pm

Could somebody post screenshots so I can get an idea of the game's graphics and content? Are there images or sprite changes during the vore scenes or are they implied through text only?
Memester1234
Been posting for a bit

Postby Asafen » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:00 am

Memester1234 wrote:Could somebody post screenshots so I can get an idea of the game's graphics and content? Are there images or sprite changes during the vore scenes or are they implied through text only?

Relatively standard RPGMaker graphics, and no vore pictures, just text, though the sprites move in the game world during most of the scenes.
Asafen
Been posting for a bit

Postby Adas » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:35 pm

Reaally good game, best wishes to author!
Meanwhile...
Spoiler: show
Can we do something about the girl in the jail? And maybe guide for all scenes (already been found adventure girl, alchemist, undine and fairies)
Adas
New to the forum

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:07 pm

AThrowaway27 wrote:Have you checked the stuff in the entrance room? I don't remember exactly which item it was, but 5 of the items are in the "Treasure" room, and the last one is in the main and/or bedroom, whatever you want to call it.

The only things in the main bedroom that can be interacted with are the bed and the quest journal, neither of which go in the chest.
I have gone around everywhere I can access multiple times and tried to interact with everything, and the journal still says "One item left!"
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby RumiBelly » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:00 pm

Damn this is a really good game. I haven't been as excited to follow the progress of a game since Nyan Adventures released it's first chapter.
I've gone around bug hunting on many games on this site, and some off site, the most common bug I ever find is being able to walk into a wall from a decorated tile. Usually there are many of those such instances, the only one that I caught here was going from a leaf pile to the three tile wide cliff by the east exit of kald. These may have been one other instance, but I didn't make note of it so I'm not sure, I've a feeling it was in one of the incomplete areas though.
I agree with Adas here, a guide for all scenes would be a nice touch. Would be a good place to turn to to see if some things are even possible instead of wasting time trying. (like trying to get the bunny parents out of the house)
RumiBelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheBlindSalmon » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:55 pm

EmilyNidhoggr wrote:
AThrowaway27 wrote:Have you checked the stuff in the entrance room? I don't remember exactly which item it was, but 5 of the items are in the "Treasure" room, and the last one is in the main and/or bedroom, whatever you want to call it.

The only things in the main bedroom that can be interacted with are the bed and the quest journal, neither of which go in the chest.
I have gone around everywhere I can access multiple times and tried to interact with everything, and the journal still says "One item left!"

The treasure room has 2 parts (different maps), there are 5 items in the one further back and 1 in the front part.
TheBlindSalmon
Been posting for a bit

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:35 pm

TheBlindSalmon wrote:The treasure room has 2 parts (different maps), there are 5 items in the one further back and 1 in the front part.

Thank you, found it.
My god, that was well hidden.
I hate to call fake difficulty, but if that's meant to be a puzzle, could it have some clues? Maybe if all the other scenery in that room gave a quote when you interact with it, like in the treasure room? To justify going around and pressing x on everything.

Anyway, otherwise enjoying it so far. Thanks for sharing.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby princedrake » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:04 pm

does anyone found that treasure from that map
princedrake
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nikkidafox » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:11 pm

Honestly for a first release, this is REALLY well done. Just the interactions with the merchants and guards in that one camp, which you may not even go to shows the effort that went into it. I really really hope you don't let this fall to the wayside like so many promising vore RPGs. I really think this could stand among the greats like Mysta's and Nyan Adventures if you keep at it. Looking forward to what comes next!
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby No-One » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:04 am

Hornets are WAY too tanky for something that is literally described in game as able to be killed with a single hit.
No-One
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game