A vore themed pbta rpg

Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Read the rules in detail here
Forum rules
Have any interesting vore scenarios in mind? Post your ideas here, and others may use them to create drawings, stories, and other forms of entertainment!

Make sure you names the subject of your post properly!

Remember, this isn't a forum for you to make request to draw your character. Please ask an artist in private directly.

Read the rules in detail here

A vore themed pbta rpg

Postby Gutlover » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:28 pm

Who'd be up for making a game dedicated around vore made with the powered by the apocalypse system? Pbta is an open license tabletop rpg sytem that lets you design and publish your own games. Apocalypse World, Dungeon World, and Ironsworn are some of the most popular.

Most games are built around moves. Some vore ones would probably be digest, swallow, absorb, unbirth, anal, etc.

The main stats for apocalypse world are cool hard hot sharp weird, but with the pbta you can homebrew them to whatever you want, or add and subtract from them.

For a vore themed game you'd probably would want to change them into something that fits. Like belly capacity, seduction, etc.

I'm not so good at designing homebrew rpg stuff myself, but I'd be happy to give suggestions if anyone feels like doing this.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: A vore themed pbta rpg

Postby Coggle » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:51 pm

Is there somewhere people should go to learn about the pbta system? Where might we find an introductory tutorial for absolute beginners who are thinking about using the system to design a new game?
Coggle
New to the forum

Postby Gutlover » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:08 pm

Unfortunately not really.

Heres a good list to help though.

https://troypress.com/links-for-designing-pbta-ttrpgs/

As the link says download Simple World (it's free), and get apocalypse world, dungeon world, maybe a couple others to study them and see how they work.

I'd actually start by homebrewing an already existing pbta game like monsters hearts which imo is a great setting for something vore related. (monster romance) Or maybe download Ironsworn which is another free pbta game, and design custom moves for that. Ironsworn was made for solo play from the ground up so I highly recommend it. Its sister game Starforged is amazing too, but that costs money.

Edit: Also pbta games can be extremely different from each other. Really the only similarity between them are the moves. Even then some pbta games get rid of them completely. Its more or less essentially making an rpg from scratch, but using pbta as a guide.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bellyrophon » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:13 pm

There is, astonishingly but delightfully, already a major PbtA game where vore is an option: Heroines of the First Age is a game about monstergirls at the beginning of the world. Starting characters get a Special Power move, of which Swallow Whole is one. There is a “Devourer” Archetype, but the move can be taken by anyone (as can a couple Archetype moves it has that enhance Swallow Whole). Here is how the game handles it:

When you try to eat someone, roll Power.
S[uccess]: You swallow the target. Exchange harm if you wish. While inside you, PCs can only attempt to escape by using Seize by Force against you; success indicates they escape. When an NPC tries to escape, you can attempt a Risky Proposition to keep them down.
T[ie]: You take a bite out of them and Exchange Harm.
F[ailure]: Fate intervenes.

If you want more context than this I recommend buying the book.

The AW engine is one of my all-time favorites (even though it’s less a system and more of a shared structure and dice mechanic, as mentioned). I am happy to have a chance to share this discovery.
Bellyrophon
New to the forum

Return to Suggestion & inspiration