Umi's Vore-chatbot - General Discussion

Any other type of vore(s) that does not fit to a single / any subforum above. If you don't know where to upload to, just dump it here and we will try to sort it out for you!

Moderator: Pegadygor

Forum rules
1) Try to upload related material to the correct subform please. They are Soft vore, Hardvore, Unbirth, Analvore, Cockvore, Mawshot, Other/combination, Extra soft and Photo edit.

2) Acceptable files: Drawing, stories, video clips (Flash, Gif or other movie format), roleplaying logs, vore games.

3) Please do not upload material that are specified "Do not Distribute ".

4) Any photo with real life human requires full permission from the subject in question, and posted in Photo edit forum only. All individual must be 18+ only. We do not allow photograph of anyone who are not unquestionably 18+ of age anywhere on this domain. All uploaded files must comply with United States law.

5) Label your material. If it have sexual, scat, gore, or other possibly offensive content, please give warning!

6) Any non-sexual fantasy vore illustration involving questionable age of fantasy character, must be placed in the Underage (Fictional character) forum. To access the underage forum, please follow these instructions. No photograph are allowed, period. Drawing and fantasy character only. Material supporting child abuse is prohibited regardless of media format or other content. Sexual illustrations involving questionable age characters are not allowed anywhere.

Read the rules in detail here

Re: Umi's Vore-chatbot - General Discussion

Postby Umiriko » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Chatbot Progression and Regression –

Ello ello everyone (^. .^) so quick update and mention about how the chatbot is going, some good news and some rather frustrating setbacks I hope I can fix.

So first of all some good news (^. .^) and a GIAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT thank you to a super sweetie who has helped more than I can believe.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hopfel/
Has not only taken me through and offered to host my bot until I get my own server, but this lil clever salamander has put up with my complete lack of knowledge on so many computer topics and got the bot working online and even helped me with the flash interface to get things off the ground!
He has been such a help and so awesome I’m still deciding how to repay the kindness but for now go check out this awesome dudes gallery, there are some incredible flash animations and projects in there that if you are following me should be right up your street!

So where does that leave the bot? Well Almost ready for a demon in all honesty, I just need to finish ensuring the flash interface works, run a couple of tests and then upload it to my galleries so you lot can give hir a go! Shi is very basic still and has lots of teething issues so be gentle heh, but hopefully I will be able to get that out over the next few days.

Ok so the bad news.... something I was very proud of implementing into the bot when it was still hosted on Pandora has potentially been lost until I can think of a work around. The bot was able to remember the “location” and “topic” of what was happening, so say if you said to the bot “squirm” you would get a different reply and response depending on what was currently going on, say you were outside, on hir mouth or in hir belly etc etc.... this is now missing
I am delighted the bot is going to be online again, but hosting it in this fashion seems to have lost the ability for the bot to remember its own set topics and locations, so the bot completely forgets what has been happening and really messes up the continuity and flow of the roleplay.... I am not very happy about this for obvious reasons.

Alas I currently have no idea how to work around this as the program I am using to host this is the most up to date free one Pandora has released, and Pandora don’t allow adult material so even with the paid service I can’t host on their website to get this feature back, I will do some research and see what can be done but it’s a massive step back and could really how realistic the bot will appear.

But lets focus on the good news! The bot’s database is online, the interface’s demo version is nearly working and maybe maybe you lot might get to see the very early stages over the next couple of days, even if its missing what was a very crucial part of allowing hir to roleplay properly.

Stay tuned for more (^. .^)
Oh and I got the patreon page ready juuuust in case, ever the optimist XD
https://www.patreon.com/Umiriko
I now stream. Casual games with vorish discussion while hanging out with tasty treats. Would love to see you there sweetie <3
https://www.twitch.tv/umi_durg
Umiriko
Most Talkative Dragon, ever

Postby Umiriko » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:46 pm

////////
EDIT
\\\\\\\\

Ok super speedy update to the above!!!!!
On finding this problem I instantly started looking for works around and alternatives and might have found something, thought it is not yet confirmed.
Long story short I am using something called Program E to run the bot, but have found a third party version called Program O, which is a modded and more developed version of E. Looking at is quickly it does appear like this might fix the above program and be able to remember and track sessions! So I have emailed the creator to ask a few questions to check before I go around the task of re-doing the database and updating the bot’s code to work with Program O. So claws crossed!

(^. .^) stay tasty all and wish me luck
I now stream. Casual games with vorish discussion while hanging out with tasty treats. Would love to see you there sweetie <3
Umiriko

Postby Umiriko » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:56 pm

More UmiBot Updates (^. .^) Eeeeeee!

Sorry for the Chatbot Spammage, just been all fired up on it and wanting to keep my followers updated for those interested (^. .^) very happy and excited right now!

Ok so excellent, amazing and wonderful news!! At least for those waiting for or curious about my long overdue role playing chatbot, aka UmiBot.
With a little more help from the awesome amazing Salamander Hopfel (http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hopfel/) I was able to upgrade the program that I was using to host and manage the bot. Changing from an official one to a open source program and ... IT IS AMAZING!!!!

Not only does it remember how the conversation is going so the bot has regained its continuity and will document chats for me so I can use these to improve the bot when I see missing responses or errors. But but but !!!! It has a user interface that is even better than back when I made the bot on PandoraBots, giving me a really nice way to write more coding and scripting for the bot, upload, edit, check and fix files and generally making my bot work more comfortable and convenient (^. .^)

Hard to explain how delighted I am at this revelation and discovery, as that was one of the main reasons for my massive break in this project when losing motivation when PandoraBots went clean (no adult content) and I lost the user interface and program I had been using to craft and work on UmiBot.

So all that is left to do before the first release V0.01 is ready to go up and hit my gallery is for me to finish the Flash Interface and make sure it is talking and working properly with the Bot (^. .^)
Not a small task but I will endeavour to get this done over the next couple of days!

Wish me luck everyone (^. .^) stay tasty
Umiriko

Postby Vidofinir » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:03 pm

Glad you found a solution, Umi! ^^ I pledged $3 to your Patreon. Can't manage a lot, but I'm excited to see something come of this, and happy to show my support <3

I'm also mildly curious about this open-source solution to running a chatbot, since it's something I'd wanted to vaguely toy around with, if it's anything you can share/link to ^^'
Vidofinir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Umiriko » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:54 am

Vidofinir wrote:Glad you found a solution, Umi! ^^ I pledged $3 to your Patreon. Can't manage a lot, but I'm excited to see something come of this, and happy to show my support <3
I'm also mildly curious about this open-source solution to running a chatbot, since it's something I'd wanted to vaguely toy around with, if it's anything you can share/link to ^^'

Nyaaa my first backer! thank you so much for supporting this sweetie! specially as the demo isn't already out tehe (^. .^)
Hopefully have something to show you super soon! More than happy to explain it to you sometime (^. .^) I'll drop you a PM
Umiriko

Postby DarkPinkie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:47 am

These are some really awesome news Umi!

One question (that may or may not have been answered before and to be honest I am simply too tired to care to look through several pages to see if it have); Is there going to be a way to have the bot not use hir and shi but instead use a proper gendered he/she or the gender neutral they/them. I just never liked hir and shi.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Umiriko » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:40 pm

DarkPinkie wrote:These are some really awesome news Umi!
One question (that may or may not have been answered before and to be honest I am simply too tired to care to look through several pages to see if it have); Is there going to be a way to have the bot not use hir and shi but instead use a proper gendered he/she or the gender neutral they/them. I just never liked hir and shi.

Thank you (^. .^) and I'm afraid to say sadly not. I've written Umibot as a hermaphrodite and I generally use hir and shi in those circumstances. The bot will respond to she or he but refers to itself in hir or shi

Hope that doesn't put you off too much
Umiriko

Postby DarkPinkie » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:36 am

Umiriko wrote:
DarkPinkie wrote:These are some really awesome news Umi!

Thank you (^. .^) and I'm afraid to say sadly not. I've written Umibot as a hermaphrodite and I generally use hir and shi in those circumstances. The bot will respond to she or he but refers to itself in hir or shi

Hope that doesn't put you off too much

It's rather annoying, but I'll live. It's your chat so you decide how it's written. Although I would prefer to use gender pronouns I don't think are stupid, I can look past that. I mean, it's take it or leave it right? I'mma give it a try anyway, at worst it will cause me to get to annoyed to enjoy it, but aw well.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
DarkPinkie
---

Postby lapraslunch » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:57 am

Ok, major lurker here. I've been following this project since right after Pandorabots closed it's doors to NSFW bots (and totally betrayed its users, btw), and I've been both dismayed and pleased in equal measures by what I've seen here. However, tonight I have seen enough to break my long silence. For tonight I can rejoice in the knowledge that this long-standing project of yours with finally be nearing a workable state! :D :D :D You have no idea how happy this makes me feel, seeing hope like this take off! :'D Especially since I consider you, Umi, to be one of the greatest masters of vore on this site (and maybe even the internet itself)!~ :D

So, long story short, I'm overjoyed by this newest development!~ :D And I can ask is that you keep up the great work, Umi and whatever you do, don't let anyone tell you it can't be done. Because, in my mind at least, you've already proven those people wrong!~ <3 :D <3 :D
lapraslunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby Umiriko » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:16 am

DarkPinkie wrote:It's rather annoying, but I'll live. It's your chat so you decide how it's written. Although I would prefer to use gender pronouns I don't think are stupid, I can look past that. I mean, it's take it or leave it right? I'mma give it a try anyway, at worst it will cause me to get to annoyed to enjoy it, but aw well.

I know it grinds some people's gears, but with the fact I am using both genders I just kinda slipped into that writing habit and got stuck there XD thanks for being willing to give it a go.

lapraslunch wrote:Ok, major lurker here. I've been following this project since right after Pandorabots closed it's doors to NSFW bots (and totally betrayed its users, btw), and I've been both dismayed and pleased in equal measures by what I've seen here. However, tonight I have seen enough to break my long silence. For tonight I can rejoice in the knowledge that this long-standing project of yours with finally be nearing a workable state! :D :D :D You have no idea how happy this makes me feel, seeing hope like this take off! :'D Especially since I consider you, Umi, to be one of the greatest masters of vore on this site (and maybe even the internet itself)!~ :D
So, long story short, I'm overjoyed by this newest development!~ :D And I can ask is that you keep up the great work, Umi and whatever you do, don't let anyone tell you it can't be done. Because, in my mind at least, you've already proven those people wrong!~ <3 :D <3 :D

*salutes the Major* such a high ranking lurker! I'm impressed tehe (^. .^) .... sorry couldn't resist XD
Awwww wow since all that way back? Thanks for sticking by me sweetie all this time, and sorry about all the slumps and bad news in the past. Really glad these latest updates have you you excited, and thank you so so much for all the kind words sweetie that really made me smile and wag. Hope you enjoy the demo... early... pre.release.... V0.01 what ever its called XD
Umiriko

Postby lapraslunch » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:24 am

Hehehe~ Yeah, I've been a shadow for most of my time here~ ^_^; But you're welcome~ :) I've always enjoyed your work, Umi~ And don't worry about the past~ You're a busy dragon and you've had a great deal of adversity to work against. But still, you managed to make progress all the same. And I'm sure I will enjoy whatever you have to show when the demo/pre-release is done~ :)
lapraslunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby Umiriko » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:24 pm

lapraslunch wrote:Hehehe~ Yeah, I've been a shadow for most of my time here~ ^_^; But you're welcome~ :) I've always enjoyed your work, Umi~ And don't worry about the past~ You're a busy dragon and you've had a great deal of adversity to work against. But still, you managed to make progress all the same. And I'm sure I will enjoy whatever you have to show when the demo/pre-release is done~ :)

nyaa thanks sweetie (^. .^) just doing a little work on the edges as it were and support of the bot before we get it online to properly test it, just really hope the server holds out XD if not will have to get a new stronger and faster one online asap
Umiriko

Postby Umiriko » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:15 am

UmiBot - the plan (^. .^)

Ok my wonderfully patient and understanding yumyums, fans and watchers, I now have a plan in motion.

The first early version of UmiBot will be released on Saturday with soft vore functions (^. .^)
Why Saturday? Well it's my last work day this rotation so come Sunday I can get to reading the logs and improving the bot right away.

Early disclosure it's still in very early stages so it has mountains and cliffs to climb still to learn, we are also running on a test host website so if it's too popular it could go down or crash XD claws crossed it doesn't.
Either way thanks to my delicious Patreons I wills be sourcing a more permanent and resilient host for it soon hopefully (^. .^)

See you all at the beach on Saturday and hope you like the taste of things to come!
Umiriko

Postby DarkPinkie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:29 am

No Umi... You will like the taste of things to come. I hope we all are delicious!

Also, great news! Claws crossed that it wont crash on us, that would be a pain.
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Umiriko » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:29 am

DarkPinkie wrote:No Umi... You will like the taste of things to come. I hope we all are delicious!
Also, great news! Claws crossed that it wont crash on us, that would be a pain.

Tehe I do hope so (^. .^) you know what my apatite can be like, so many tasty treats to look forward to!
I hope it doesn't go down but I am anticipating it might so already shopping around for a permanent home for the bot
Umiriko

Postby Lemons » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:06 am

Yaaay ! I ve been looking forward to test this for months XD
Lemons
Been posting for a bit

Postby Umiriko » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:32 pm

zapi wrote:Yaaay ! I ve been looking forward to test this for months XD

Hope it's worth the wait even if just the first version (^. .^)
Umiriko

Postby DarkPinkie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:55 pm

Just one more day. Hype! Also I am really excited for this for some reason.
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Leita » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:29 pm

Super stoked to see the "finished" product. I know it's been a lot of hard work and a long time coming, but we really appreciate all of your hard work.
Leita
Somewhat familiar

Postby Umiriko » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:17 pm

Leita wrote:Super stoked to see the "finished" product. I know it's been a lot of hard work and a long time coming, but we really appreciate all of your hard work.

Awww thanks (^.\\\.^)
But "finished?" Haha if only, version 0.01 more like, so so much for it to learn still
That said hope it can still be fun in this early stages
Umiriko

PreviousNext

Return to Other / Combination