Why are there no scavengers?

Rip and tear, cooking, etc, goes here. This spot is not for those who are afraid of blood!
Forum rules
1) Try to upload related material to the correct subform please. They are Soft vore, Hardvore, Unbirth, Analvore, Cockvore, Mawshot, Other/combination, Extra soft and Photo edit.

2) Acceptable files: Drawing, stories, video clips (Flash, Gif or other movie format), roleplaying logs, vore games.

3) Please do not upload material that are specified "Do not Distribute ".

4) Any photo with real life human requires full permission from the subject in question, and posted in Photo edit forum only. All individual must be 18+ only. We do not allow photograph of anyone who are not unquestionably 18+ of age anywhere on this domain. All uploaded files must comply with United States law.

5) Label your material. If it have sexual, scat, gore, or other possibly offensive content, please give warning!

6) Any non-sexual fantasy vore illustration involving questionable age of fantasy character, must be placed in the Underage (Fictional character) forum. To access the underage forum, please follow these instructions. No photograph are allowed, period. Drawing and fantasy character only. Material supporting child abuse is prohibited regardless of media format or other content. Sexual illustrations involving questionable age characters are not allowed anywhere.

Read the rules in detail here

Why are there no scavengers?

Postby ABlackStallion » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:09 pm

*This is not an RP request. I have one of those in the appropriate place*

I like hard vore and gore, detailed and realistic. But I don't like killing. Am I alone? Does anyone else love being torn apart in grisly detail, yet lack any desire to kill or be killed? I feel very alone in the HV community.

And yes, I know I have to be dead to be torn apart, and that tearing me apart would kill me. My preference is to have died of natural causes, peacefully without violence, before being eaten by scavengers or such like. There are plenty hyenas and wolves in the furry fandom, and they do scavenge.

Anyway... discuss?
ABlackStallion
New to the forum

Re: Why are there no scavengers?

Postby ArcaneSigil » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:48 pm

Opinion to answer your topic's question... I think there are no scavengers because so many people associate vore with sexuality. Not many people find being ripped apart post death sexual. To me, personally, even associating Vore with Death is... off. I understand that when something (or someone) is eaten, they're not coming out alive. But, and this is where my idea gets weird... vore is about sex, food is about eating. Scavengers, unlike other animals, CAN'T eat for the sheer pleasure of it. They could, technically, but due to their nature, they just don't. I think that's why even the vultures, hyenas and other scavenger pred creatures aren't sexualized as often as others, because, at least Vultures, DON'T swallow their food whole. That's just my opinion, however. There are others. In regards to Wolves... out right favorite animal ever. Wolf Preds are my cup-o-tea. They may be scavengers, but I like seein' 'em gulp down food whole and alive.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby sweetladyamy » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:27 pm

Sigil pretty much covered it, but there's one point I'd like to give pause to.

There are some who are turned on by the idea of being ripped apart in this manner; the issue lies in being absolutely fucking embarrassed to even admit it to themselves, and will likely never admit it online, even on a site like this one, a semi-safe space to boot.

It's easier to come out of the closet as any form of 'non-straight person' then it is to come out of the closet as any form of vorarephile...
(and that is a fact you can take to the vault)
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Doku » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:16 pm

As others have said, there tends to be an eroticized component to vore, even if no actual erotic contact occurs. It is a paraphiliac fascination, meaning that it has a certain level of arousal to people at least intellectually. For most the fact that one participant is already dead and therefore an object that would be drawn/described rather than acting is frequently a deal breaker. Not a universal one, but it's not to most people's tastes.

You're going to be looking for those who combine HV with realism in scenes and a fascination for necrotic (dare I say necrophiliac) material, and in RP/collaborative fiction, you're looking for those skilled at playing as formerly animate and now inanimate individuals. This requires a certain mindset in RP and writing that not everyone shares or enjoys. They're rare ducks, but they exist.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:32 pm

So, real quick, this topic is in the wrong forum. This is an area for uploading vore content.

Regarding the OP's question,

You have only been a member for 2 weeks. Some people may be into the content you like, you just haven't found them yet.

That being said, this community isn't quite like some paraphilia communities where subject matter is fairly defined. The vore community is kind of a nebulous cloud of similar interests in a range of kinks and fetishes. There are plenty of people here that are mutually exclusively turned off by each others turn ons. If you think of each aspect of your personal paraphilia stack as a filter that is reducing the likelihood of others being into what you are into, then it may make more sense.

So, of the various types of vore, and rolls people are interested in in vore, people in this community seem to have skewed interests. Softvore is significantly more common than Hardvore. People who identify as Prey outnumber those who identify as Pred. At Eka's the furry community is a minority, though a large minority, but more importantly very few people are into Ferrel characters. Interest in a specific species of prey makes things really really difficult.

Even with just the above (excluding the scavenger portion of your interest) you may only share interests with a few other users. Now, on top of that you are adding an extremely rare interest which is being scavenged and it will be really difficult to find people interested in what you are interested in.

I would also point out that of the few really nebulous defining traits of vore, the community here defines vore as not cannibalism. And what you are suggesting sounds similar to cannibalism.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sovet » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:05 pm

Vore, to me, as well as many others, is about the dominance of predators, cruelty, the subjugation of prey, the struggle, the inevitability of death, and the destruction of being. The prey may have been something, powerful, cute, desirable, wholesome, rare, but now they're just lunch and they know it and the eroticism stems from the interplay of the factors. I personally don't see a meaningful difference between scavenging an animal corpse and eating a rotisserie chicken.

You have a niche interest and a few others probably have the same interest. If all else fails, you can try writing your own stuff, maybe others will develop a liking for it.
sovet
Somewhat familiar

Postby EnderDracolich » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:33 pm

Well, for me the appeal of HV (and any other kind of vore) is specifically being eaten *alive* so scavengers eating me afterword doesn't do much for me.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ABlackStallion » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:24 am

Thanks all for your replies so far- I really appreciate it and it's food for thought (harr harr).

Doku, I'd love to find a community of those rare ducks. Any idea where to start looking?

Sweetladyamy, it took me a long time to understand this fascination I have, but I'm getting there.
ABlackStallion
New to the forum

Postby Doku » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:38 pm

Community of people specifically into RP of necrophilia and necrophagia? Nope. Never found one, never bothered. Find 'em around here every once in a while, but I don't go actively looking.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Litenosöt » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:18 pm

To me the whole point of vore is to be eaten alive and experience being eaten, feel all the pain and horror and other emotions. So I see no meaning with being eaten when I'm already dead, then I wouldn't even feel when I was eaten. That's really a dealbreaker for me. It may sound odd, but I'm aroused by the act of the predator taking the prey's life, degrading them to become nothing but food...
Litenosöt
Somewhat familiar

Postby sweetladyamy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:59 pm

ABlackStallion wrote:Sweetladyamy, it took me a long time to understand this fascination I have, but I'm getting there.

You have a better understanding of it than I do? I dunno if I should be concerned or humbled... >.> :lol:
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Speedyblupi » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:23 pm

This is something I'm interested in as well - prey is killed, then eaten. It might not be soft vore, but it's still vore. I honestly hate unrealistic soft vore (within context, so stuff like magic can be a legitimate explanation for soft vore in some situations, but generally I prefer hard vore anyway).
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby Speedyblupi » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Aleph-Null wrote:I would also point out that of the few really nebulous defining traits of vore, the community here defines vore as not cannibalism. And what you are suggesting sounds similar to cannibalism.

I honestly never understood this. If a character is eating someone else from the same species, it's cannibalism, objectively, by definition. A human soft voring another human is cannibalism, a wolf or hyena eating a dead human isn't cannibalism because they're different species.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Return to Hardvore