Don't Feed the Animals (Story)

Rip and tear, cooking, etc, goes here. This spot is not for those who are afraid of blood!
Forum rules
1) Try to upload related material to the correct subform please. They are Soft vore, Hardvore, Unbirth, Analvore, Cockvore, Mawshot, Other/combination, Extra soft and Photo edit.

2) Acceptable files: Drawing, stories, video clips (Flash, Gif or other movie format), roleplaying logs, vore games.

3) Please do not upload material that are specified "Do not Distribute ".

4) Any photo with real life human requires full permission from the subject in question, and posted in Photo edit forum only. All individual must be 18+ only. We do not allow photograph of anyone who are not unquestionably 18+ of age anywhere on this domain. All uploaded files must comply with United States law.

5) Label your material. If it have sexual, scat, gore, or other possibly offensive content, please give warning!

6) Any non-sexual fantasy vore illustration involving questionable age of fantasy character, must be placed in the Underage (Fictional character) forum. To access the underage forum, please follow these instructions. No photograph are allowed, period. Drawing and fantasy character only. Material supporting child abuse is prohibited regardless of media format or other content. Sexual illustrations involving questionable age characters are not allowed anywhere.

Read the rules in detail here

Don't Feed the Animals (Story)

Postby MidnightRose » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:41 pm

This is not mine, but I DID edit a few parts to meet my preferences. The original title is "Old Ralph", and can be found at the Creepypasta Forum.

I’ve been receiving the letters for decades now. Usually threatening, often vulgar, sometimes almost pleading, but always trying to lure me back to the small town of Fairview. For the first decade he would often tell me that he had captured Susan, and that, if I would not return, he would make her suffer in my place. In the 70's, I tracked her down myself and found her living a quiet, normal life in a suburb of Kingsport. I sent one of my rare replies, informing him of this. He responded with a 30 page long diatribe describing exactly how he intended to torture me to death. These days, the letters almost never come. He seems to have gotten himself a computer, and now resorts to filling my inbox with the things.

But I am getting rather ahead of myself. In the summer of 1962, I had just graduated from high school and decided to wander the roads of this great country seeking some small adventure before starting at university that fall. While in North Carolina, I heard of a quaint rural town with a truly breathtaking view of the surrounding wilderness.

After a few hours of driving along country back roads, I came upon the sign that sat at the city limits. The original sign simply read “Welcome to Fairview. Population 1,726,” but nailed to its bottom was another wooden sign. I had heard it was stolen from the local zoo by a small gang of hooligans and affixed to the other for reasons only their deeply inebriated minds could fathom. The people took a sort of civic pride in their small town’s little quirk, and not only kept it in place, but ensured it was cleaned and legible. It had been there since World War II, and was the city’s claim to local fame. The large white letters read:

“Animals are not allowed to leave their cages.

Animals are secured against harming employees or guests.

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are visitors to feed the animals.”

Luckily, Fairview had a steady, if small, stream of tourists, coming mainly to camp or hunt in the surrounding verdant woods. There was, therefore, a midsized hotel in town: the Dancing Coyote Inn. I arrived around noon, and decided I would check in before going site seeing. The owner smiled broadly as I checked in, but told me that the bellhop was out sick for the day. He pointed me into a side room and told me the repairman, Ralph, would be happy to see me to my room. I stepped inside and caught my first glimpse of Ralph. He was a tall young guy, standing about 6’6”, with messy hair. He was lanky, and yet his arms were somewhat muscled. I asked if he might lead me to room number 214. He grumbled while slowly getting out of his seat and walked out of the room. I followed him and tried to make conversation, most of which he ignored. It was only when I remarked on the inn’s logo, a coyote on its hind legs trying to dance, that he responded.

“It ain’t no coyote,” he said. “And it sure as hell ain’t tryin’ to dance.” I asked what he meant, but he only muttered something I couldn’t hear under his breath.

When we came to my room, I quickly put my bags inside and turned to leave. I had meant to ask Ralph what the best places to enjoy to forests were, but he was already walking away. I set out to explore Fairview on my own, not wanting to bother him. I was pleasantly surprised that Ralph was not at all representative of the other residents. They were, to a man, unfailingly polite, and I was directed to a beautiful hiking path. By afternoon, I headed back and ate at a local diner. If memory serves, they had some of the most delicious peach cobbler I’ve ever tasted.

The sun was just beginning to set as I returned to the inn. I had the pleasure of meeting Joe Miller, the occupant of the room next door. He was a textile factory supervisor on vacation with his wife and daughter to get away from the urban sprawl for a bit. We chatted only briefly, as I was tired, and just wanted to watch a bit of the evening news before bed. Unfortunately, I found that the television was giving me nothing but static. I went out to the lobby and found Ralph to have him take a look at it. He followed me to my room as I told him the problem. When we arrived, he promptly hit the set on the side and turned it on.

“What'd ya get me all the way up here for? Damn thing works just fine, ya fuckin’ idiot,” he said, pointing to the image of the weatherman on the screen. I frowned at his cursing, but apologized for wasting his time. He shrugged and left, bumping into Mr. Miller as he did.

Ralph exploded into a screaming fit, flinging every insult he could think of at Mr. Miller. Mrs. Miller and their eight year old daughter, Susan, looked out at the scene from the doorway. Poor Joe was stunned at this display, which continued for over five minutes before he interrupted to demand Ralph not use such language around his daughter. This did nothing to cool Ralph’s temper.

“Why should I care? Fuckin’ little brat’s just gonna grow up to be a damn whore. Little fightin’ ain’t gonna kill her. Hell, ya seem like the type who gives her what for when you’ve been drinkin’, anyways.” Unable to contain himself any longer, Mr. Miller slugged Ralph right in the jaw. I was afraid a fight would break out, but Ralph just froze, a maniacal smile on his face, and began to mirthlessly laugh. He turned and walked away without another word, though he continued to chuckle to himself. I, not wanting to think any more about the strange man, went back in my room and soon went to bed.

I was awoken by screams some time that night. I jumped out of bed and sprinted outside. The door to the Millers’ room was torn off its hinges. Running to the doorway, I was greeted by the most shocking thing I had ever seen. A huge animal had Mr. Miller on the floor, mauling him. It looked like some kind of ape, but its head was like that of a feral canine, much like a hyena. It had dozens of sharp fangs, long claws on its fingers, and faintly luminescent yellow eyes. Mrs. Miller was attempting to beat the thing off her husband with a lamp. I wish I could say I heroically sprang into action and helped to save them, but I did not. I was paralyzed by sheer terror, and thus rooted to the spot. I could do nothing but watch as the thing killed Joe, then turned on his wife. He tore their bodies apart and gorged himself in front of their own daughter, who was wailing terribly.

It was only when the thing turned to Susan with a wicked grin on its blood splattered lips that I could rouse myself into action. I dashed forward to interpose myself between the creature and her, but as I came close, it swatted me away with a backhanded slap. I flew across the room, crashing into the opposite wall and nearly breaking my legs. I fully expected it would turn and devour me next, but when I looked up, the monster was staring at me in a mix of shock and, seemingly, abject horror.

“No no no nononononono…” it repeated hysterically to itself. Though it was hoarse and distorted, I could tell it was Ralph’s voice. He then collapsed to the ground, clutching his stomach.

“THAT SHOULDN’T COUNT!” he screamed. I got to my feet, clinching my teeth in pain, and ran to Susan. As I scooped her up in my arms, I saw Ralph begin to vomit up undigested chunks of the Millers. I limped to my room and barricaded the door with all the furniture inside. As I did, I could hear more of Ralph’s yelling.

“Shouldn’t count… he interfered…. shouldn’t count…” After a bit, I could hear nothing but his moans of pain and hacking sounds as he continued to throw up. I sat in the corner, holding Susan tight to comfort her as she cried.

I must have drifted off to sleep, as when I was next conscious, those faintly glowing yellow eyes were just in front of my face. I screamed in terror, but Ralph made no move.

“You’ve got spirit. I like that,” he calmly said to me. “Tell you what, instead of eating you now, how about I give you one free hit.” He pointed to a large metal pipe lying beside me. I hesitated, unable to think under those nightmarish conditions. He began to growl impatiently. “Come on, I’m just a stupid beast, right?” I gulped, but stayed still.

“You know, I can’t get the people here to hurt me. I can insult them, break their property, burn down their homes, but they don’t blame me. I’ve torn outsiders apart in the street, screaming and howling and rolling in entrails. They don’t even notice. I try, I try so hard, but even when I threaten to murder their whole family, they just smile and laugh at grouchy Ralph. But you tourists, you’re different. You’ve got fight in you. So come on. Take this damn pipe and BASH MY SKULL IN. DO IT!”

With a look of pure rage, he raised his claw to strike at me, but collapsed into a heap, heaving and coughing as he tried to vomit out the contents of his empty stomach. My legs were hurting much less, and I was able to get Susan and myself out to my car. I drove her to the next town over and let her off down the street from the police station. I told her to say she didn’t know where her parents were. I told no one what had happened. They would have called me insane. At first I was afraid he would track me down, but once I received the second letter, I knew that he must be unable to leave Fairview. He would never waste time trying to lure me to him if he could come and take me himself.

This was my first encounter with the supernatural, and what propelled me to take up the profession of paranormal investigator. But now, I’m an old man. Too old for the kind of work I did in my youth. I’ve passed on all I know to others in the field, and I’m beginning to think I should answer the siren call of Ralph’s letters. Yes, it’s high time I returned to the place it all started, and put an end to my first monster. I may not succeed, but at least I can die an honorable death.

I know you’re reading this. God knows you stalk me online enough to make up for your inability to do so in reality. You may finally get your chance to kill me, but it won’t make one damn bit of difference if you succeed. After all, animals like you aren’t allowed to leave their cages, right Ralph?
Last edited by MidnightRose on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

Re: Don't Feed the Animals (Story)

Postby silverspec » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:08 pm

That was an interesting read.
One man's insanity is another man's genius; someday the world will recognize the genius in my insanity.
silverspec
Somewhat familiar

Postby MidnightRose » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:23 pm

Indeed. Besides the fact that there's vore in it, I like the overall concept. :3
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

Postby MidnightRose » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:20 pm

*bump for good measure*
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

Return to Hardvore