Eragon... (The dragon movie)

Soft vore uploads goes here
Forum rules
1) Try to upload related material to the correct subform please. They are Soft vore, Hardvore, Unbirth, Analvore, Cockvore, Mawshot, Other/combination, Extra soft and Photo edit.

2) Acceptable files: Drawing, stories, video clips (Flash, Gif or other movie format), roleplaying logs, vore games.

3) Please do not upload material that are specified "Do not Distribute ".

4) Any photo with real life human requires full permission from the subject in question, and posted in Photo edit forum only. All individual must be 18+ only. We do not allow photograph of anyone who are not unquestionably 18+ of age anywhere on this domain. All uploaded files must comply with United States law.

5) Label your material. If it have sexual, scat, gore, or other possibly offensive content, please give warning!

6) Any non-sexual fantasy vore illustration involving questionable age of fantasy character, must be placed in the Underage (Fictional character) forum. To access the underage forum, please follow these instructions. No photograph are allowed, period. Drawing and fantasy character only. Material supporting child abuse is prohibited regardless of media format or other content. Sexual illustrations involving questionable age characters are not allowed anywhere.

Read the rules in detail here

Postby Ephriam » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:38 am

What they should have done is combined this movie with the Pick of Destiny and gave it an all-Dragonforce soundtrack. And got the Rock to play the hero.
Ephriam
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Eragon... (The dragon movie)

Postby Random_person » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:22 pm

My review of that movie is:

"THAT MOVIE WAS A SUMMARY NOT A MOVIE!"

They cut a lot of characters from the book and that ruined the movie and- *gets thwacked upside the head with a frying pan*
Random_person
Participator

Author

Postby Shyguy9 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:06 pm

Did you know the story was written by a kid? He started when he was 14 and had it published at 19.
Shyguy9
Not actually shy

Re: Author

Postby Tril » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:25 pm

His parents owning a publishing company had nothing to do with it getting published.

Nope, not at all. -_^

The books are a nice read to pass the time, but all in all the movie is a bit weak. I see it doing good this weekend in the box office, then falling off the charts come next weekend.
Tril
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zx » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:59 pm

That guy copied everything from that book, from starwars and the lord of the rings, sometimes he didnt even bother tweaking names
Zx
New to the forum

Postby Zann » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:15 pm

While I too have noticed a few simularities between Lord of the Rings and Eragon the truth is that without any proof or spoken confession from The author himself you really can't just go around slandering the book by saying things that may / may not be true.

Zx wrote:That guy copied everything from that book, from starwars and the lord of the rings, sometimes he didnt even bother tweaking names

Where is your proof of this? Can you honestly say that you know the Author's mind better than he does to assume that he simply read a book and stole the names / tweaked them slightly.

Heres something to think about..
the vowel 'A' and 'E' can be pronounced in different ways most of the time depending on what letter follows after it.

For example Some people prounce the vowel 'A' like "Ahh" others might pronounce it "Aaaaaa" etc..
So really depending on how you like to pronounce the vowels or how the author pronounces the vowels you can have two or three different sounding names, and while the names may seem simular in text you can not just assume they were stolen..
"Mostly everyones mad here
But how do you know i'm mad said Alice
Oh you must be, said the cat, Else you wouldn't have come here"
Zann
Somewhat familiar

Postby PassingStranger » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:30 pm

How does that go? Good artists barrow; while great artists steal.

Hmm. :| Doesn't sound quite right, does it?
PassingStranger
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zhuge_Liang » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:41 pm

im going to see it for one reason: sienna guilroy!
as soon as your born you start dyign so you might as well have a good tiem ^.=.^
Zhuge_Liang
Participator

Postby YouAreTheFail » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:52 pm

Dragons and shit... yay. Just hope I don't pop a boner in the theater like I always do when I watch these kinds of movies.
YouAreTheFail
New to the forum

Postby Grimlock » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:09 pm

an okay movie but Lord of the rings was better.
Grimlock
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dagoth_Ur » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:26 am

The movie sucked. period. I hated it for its weak ass plot, actor selection (Galbatorix sounded like a fucking pussy!) its absolute lack of faith to the story in the book(some one tell me when the fuck arya blatently HIT ON Eragon? cause I do beleve I missed that), the fact they crammed everything together mixing shit up as well as making up shit, sub-par/ho-hum FX, and most of all the fact that they had me so hyped for this and than i go watch the steaming pile a crap and come out feeling dead, stupid and another piece of my soul shattered. If I ever meat that fuckhead of a director on that movie, I will break his dick off and skullfuck him to death with it. needless to say i suggest no one watch this piece of shite :evil:

- :evil:
Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce myself:
My name is Dr. Burrito p.h.d. (pretty hot & dashing)
I have majored in Beanology and have a minor in the field of Cheese Theory. Do not invoke my Beany wrath.
Dagoth_Ur
Intermediate Vorarephile

Location: Under Red Mountain, in the Imperial Province Morrowind. Hot, but rents cheap at least

Postby Zx » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:14 am

* Arya: An elf who was the guardian of Saphira's egg. She was imprisoned by Durza in Gil'ead on King Galbatorix's orders, and Eragon rescues her. She is the daughter of the elven Queen, Izlanzadi. Eragon is infatuated with her.

*cough arwen*

* Murtagh: Son of Morzan, who was the first of the "thirteen Forsworn" *cough ringwraiths* (betrayers of the Dragon Riders); he becomes good friends with Eragon and travels with him to the Varden's hidden stronghold. *cough mordor* He was kidnapped after the battle with the Kull. * cough frodo capured by gorag and shagrat*

* Solembum: The werecat who lives with Angela; he helps Eragon in various parts of the book, occasionally taking human form.

* Ajihad: Master swordsman and brilliant tactician and the former leader of the Varden (northern rangers). *cough aragon*

* Hrothgar: King of the Dwarves who befriends Eragon. He adopted Eragon into his clan. * hmmm gimli perhaps?*

* Durza: A main antagonist in the book, he was a powerful Shade who controlled the Urgal army. He was killed by Eragon, with the help of Saphira and Arya, at Farthen Dûr. *farthen dur -.- emmm baradur* *durza - witch king urgals ringwraiths*

* The Twins: Twin magicians with strong magical abilities. *surely not gandalf and sauruman*

a 15 year old boy who lives with his uncle Garrow and cousin Roran on their farm
*frodo lives with bilbo in their house in bagend*

Eragon and Murtagh battle with a Shade. The fact that a Shade is walking freely in the land deeply disturbs Eragon
*at the watchtower*

Eragon and his party are pursued by an army of Urgals as they travel to the Varden's fortress
*that couldnt be orcs or anything could it?*

Oromis, the elf who saved him from the shade
*arwen brings him to rivendell*

* Angela: A powerful witch who supports the Varden and specializes in herb-based magic. She foretells Eragon's future.
*beorn the bear from the hobbit*

thats only eragon, and only similarities from the lotr and the hobbit.

AND

Eragon (Luke Skywalker) goes to an elven city to begin his training as a Rider (Jedi) under the tutelage of Oromis (Yoda), a very old elf who, coincidentally, is the only other (good) Rider left. In the process of, Eragon sees an image of impending war/doom through a scrying glass (Force vision) and takes it upon himself to save the world from peril and decides to leave his training without finishing. Oromis asks him to return to finish once he's got the dirty done and put away with. Eragon agrees. Let's remember the fact that Gallbatorix (Darth Vader) is a Rider gone horribly wrong (turned to the Dark Side)... we're waiting for book three and his redemption and the relevation that he's really Eragon's father any day now.

^.-
Zx
New to the forum

Postby Zann » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:34 pm

Ok Zx, it seems you've taken a lot of time to think this through, a commendable effort to be sure and it makes me glad that you are willing to back up your previous statement with evidence, though I have some of my own..

Oh, I shall take this time to point out that there will be a huge spolier as the end of my post relating to the second book, please also remember that at the moment I have yet to watch the movie so my views are entirely on the book..

You seem content to compare the books to Star wars and Lord of the rings and while I understand that there are simularities between them I will show you that you can relate Eragon to quite a few books..

Lets get started shall we? :D
  • The Twins: Ah yes, the twins.. humm *Cough* Beltria and BelKira ((David Eddings)) anyone?
  • Arya: An elf who was the guardian of Saphira's egg. She was imprisoned by Durza in Gil'ead on King Galbatorix's orders, and Eragon rescues her. She is the daughter of the elven Queen, Izlanzadi. Eragon is infatuated with her. <-- Guess what? a simular event happens in Terry Goodkind's Blood of the Fold I think where the character of Kahlan ((A person who is really powerful)) Is locked in the Palace of Prophets by the Sisters of Dark which forces Richard ((The main character)) to save her..
  • * Ajihad: Master swordsman and brilliant tactician and the former leader of the Varden (northern rangers). *cough aragon* <--- I'd just like to point out that the Varden were located to the South so that link you've made here is slightly flawed..

Ok, maybe making links between books is harder than I thought, my point is that with so many different books out there its highly possible that you could get most of them, steal ideas from all of them, tweak them slightly and sell a decent book..

Oh and here comes the spolier so if you don't want the second book ruined stop reading now...

Zx wrote:we're waiting for book three and his redemption and the relevation that he's really Eragon's father any day now.

Ok in the second book we actually find out that Murtagh is actually Eragon's bother thus making Morzan his father and so this is not likely to happen..
Regardless on what simularities there may be between the books and other novels These books are still decent to read if you want something to read..and while we may assume the links between the book are fact there is also the possibility that they could be coincidental..
"Mostly everyones mad here
But how do you know i'm mad said Alice
Oh you must be, said the cat, Else you wouldn't have come here"
Zann
Somewhat familiar

Postby weeatmonkeys » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:40 pm

ok.....so i literally JUST got back from the theater......and as someone who had never read the books (cripes...ive yet to rwad the LotR trilogy) and having no real expectations of the movie....i have to say that shade dude (dun remember his name....im sure a dozen people will chime in soon enough tho) "i was expecting something a bit more.......well MORE".....that really sums up the movie for anyone interested in watcing it..
weeatmonkeys
Somewhat familiar

Location: Philadelphia, PA...city of brotherly love, with a rising body count.....

Postby Zx » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:42 am

yes however, the link doesnt have to be exactly the same, im just saying, it is not an original storie and I don't have any respect for people that take ideas from people such as tolkien who spent 12 years writting backstory. there are just to many simalaritys to other books, and films...
Zx
New to the forum

Postby mole » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:43 pm

Quick question: In the trailer the dragon had bat wings when she first hatched but later as an adult her wings had feathers. Anyone think that or am I just crazy?

Personally I wasn't so hot on Eragon. Probably because Chris Paolinni was fifteen when he graduated high school. The similarities do seem a bit...apparent.(maybe just coincidence) but I just got bored in Eldest during the Dwarf part(it was soooo boring)
Can you dig it?
mole
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby rockhopper » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:37 pm

I found the visuals to be great. But as most, I found the story line very rushed. I also expected to see a much tighter and loving bond between rider and dragon.

However, my 6 year old son loved it (if that tells you anything).
rockhopper
New to the forum

Postby Orlando » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:05 pm

The story and character interaction is not that great but the special effects and battles were pretty nice and amazing. I do feel that they skipped a lot through this movie even though I have not read the book.
Orlando
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Albino59 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:36 pm

Cheeeeezy. This movie, especially with Eragons - "interesting" facial expressions was relatively lame. It also seemed like the kind of movie for people who "really" like dragons. I think Eragon might have also liked his Dragon a bit too much in the way he was looking at her. "Lets be one!" Anyways the overall delivery struck me as over dramatic, and seemed like any other generic medieval movie that has come to pass.
Albino59
New to the forum

Postby Pillowfloof » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:50 pm

I actually read that book. Enjoyed it, watched the movie, enjoyed it. I would recommend Eragon to those who like fantasy books.
>not actually a floofy pillow
day ruined
Pillowfloof
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Softvore