Cartovore 2.15

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

Re: Cartovore 2.15

Postby Silhouette » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:44 pm

Aleph-Null wrote:Duam's ite is back up http://www.sdcga.com/~duam9/. You can get 2.15 there.

I think you tripped yourself over that.

Still the same page I checked earlier. No 2.15
Silhouette
Participator

Postby Aleph-Null » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:57 pm

You're right. I don't recall where I got it now.

I'll look around and post back if/when I find it provided someone else does not post first.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:53 pm

Well I don't know how I got it before. I thought there was a zip file that only contained the file Cartomancer.exe in it.

I thought this was the .zip that had the .exe but when I replace the existing one I get an error message.

The modify date is latter on the zipped version then on the one in the 2.14 update.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Duamutef » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:48 pm

Okay...well...umm...I don't have it either.

I don't know what happened to it or if 2.15 was a typo or what. It's been a while. The newest compiled .exes I have are the 2.14 and the thoroughly failed multiplayer version.

The current development version, on the other hand, is truly replete with bugs.

I might fix it up if I can overcome the sheer enormity of the demotivation I am currently gripped with. And the fact that there are so many bugs I don't even know where to start...
Step into my world, and maybe one of it's denizens...
http://www.sdcga.com/~duam9/
Duamutef
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Duamutef » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:04 pm

For once I have good news. I yanked out CV2 to try to see if I could swat some of the bugs--again--but this time it actually worked. There was a whole bunch of thoroughly borked stuff that I've finally been able to fix. Turns out there were two or three stupendously major bugs that were fecking the whole works.

The target picker was happily choosing targets that would cancel the card's effects, for example, and then not mentioning it, and the random number generator was not actually randomizing (apparently "Randomize" by itself randomizes by the timer, but "Randomize Timer" doesn't...I don't know WTF is up with that.)

There are still many bugs to be suppressed, but if this keeps up I may be able to make the thing playable again.

In the meantime, I'd advise against using cards with the Defender trait (such as outer wall) as, based on the reports I've been reading, it sounds like the Intercept trigger is probably broken.

And, naturally, Fayzee still doesn't work. :lol: Haven't even tried to fix her yet (I'm fixing the engine bugs before moving to the card-specific bugs).

There's some stuff that's still acting squirelly; I didn't get tokens the first time I won with a new deck but I did the second time, for example. I still haven't been able to replicate the resource bugs, but that may have just been unique to one weird version that happened to be one of the ones I uploaded...(in other words, it might be fixed already.)

Can't rightly say when there will be a new version, but I can at least say that there probably will be one eventually. Hopefully fairly soon.
Step into my world, and maybe one of it's denizens...
http://www.sdcga.com/~duam9/
Duamutef
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:43 am

Well cool.

I haven't played cartovore for some time now. I kind of want to fire it up, but part of me doesn't want to trigger the obsess->burnout cycle.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Silhouette » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:19 pm

As soon as I can get a version that will allow Card Editor to work, awesome. I want to continue making my cards, rawr.
Silhouette
Participator

Postby maleperduis » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:26 pm

Ooh, new version? Awesome.

Personally, though, I'd be even more excited for new cards. Are there any plans to work on new sets?

To people wondering about 2.15, I'm pretty sure there's never been a 2.15. I can remember reading this thread a long time ago and wondering about it. To my knowledge, 2.14 is still the newest release.
maleperduis
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Critchett » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:56 pm

Oh, that's entirely relieving news (that I'm almost a full month late to receive, eep). I was getting quite lost in what was which version. I'm happy to hear you're having successes with finding bugs with everything! I've been trying to go over a lot of what you're using to code the engine... trying, mind you... in hopes that I could help. One question came to mind, especially after I started trying to get familiar with the card editor in particular. Most of the character cards had a trait called Intestinequote that, according to what I was understanding in the engine, was supposed to give its associated message unique to each card when that target was at zero hp and 'partially digested.' But as long as I've been playing with the game, and after a few cards I tried to make, I never saw that it would use this feature at all, instead using a more generic message. Here's the part I was looking at, perhaps with too much tunnel vision:

'Note: Intestinequote is now part of the main "CHARACTER" digestion message.
:REQMYTRAITLESS:HP:0:REQMYTRAIT:PARTIALLY DIGESTED:ECHOMINOR:#MYTRAIT/INTESTINEQUOTE#

and I also notice that it is part of the main "CHARACTER" digestion message, but I'm a bit lost still as to where that's exactly referring to. I'm really at "a little information is a dangerous thing" stage I think, so feel free to let me know =)
Critchett
Somewhat familiar

Postby ArcaneScholar » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:29 pm

I got AIDS!

Errr... wait. I meant "Aides", like the kind who have to pry me off the comp for playing this game far too much. Great work, Duam!
ArcaneScholar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Revx_Z » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Buglet: Lissa the Flamechild has her belch-on-digestion message mixed up. It works out like this:
(Dead Card) suddenly belches as she digests Lissa the Flamechild, sending a jet of flame right into Lady Amaretta's face! Lady Amaretta takes 14 damage from the firey belch.
Do you want reports like this to fix them in 2.15, if or when that or .16 or something happens?
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Previous

Return to Duamutef's Dimension