6%
Maybe
No votes
No
1%

Total votes : 68

Re:

Postby taito » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:44 pm

Duamutef only have switch 2, 5, and 9 on( that is switched down). the others should be in the off(up) position. ^_^ That should let you keep going. Thank you all for your kind words on me and my creation. I'm still currently trying to upload my game to another hosting site since so many people have been having problems with Gigeshare. Rapidshare fell through for me. If anyone has more suggestions dont hesitate to tell me. Thanks. ^_^
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Re:

Postby AngelOfEnvy » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:50 pm

http://www.megaupload.com/

I've used this site constantly in the past with large AMVs and such

...Though I've always been on the downloading side, apparently there's no limit to how much you can upload, but it should do for now.

Edit x2: Okay, figured out my problem, had to disable Norton and different pop-up blocker type stuff.
Last edited by AngelOfEnvy on Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngelOfEnvy
Somewhat familiar

VRPG

Postby Deathworks » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:51 am

Hi!

Well, the flexibility of your games, Duamutef, and many of the technical details are very impressive (I will not try to make a comparison in that field anyway, since Taito's game is using a professional RPG engine, so the programming challenges Taito has faced are very different - although I can say that Taito has really tried to get everything out of the engine he could, which is very impressive).

The complex conversations and quest creation are indeed a charming point. But their impact is in my opinion diminished by the relatively barren landscape. While forums and chats don't like OT that much, RPGs need OT content for their flavor. This is why I feel that VRPG is a bit too much directly in your face.

Besides all the characters talking about hair (^_^;;, there are many people with quite different interests and issues (just think of the little girl and her father in that one house in the starting village - definitely not vore related, but good for some really nasty laughs).

Well, these are just my impressions.

BTW, Taito, if you are worried about stealing Duamutef's forum, please consider getting involved in this current thread (it seems you haven't noticed it):

Need help with taito's game Itoshi Kokoro...

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re:

Postby Halcyon » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:42 pm

There are CHEAT CODES?

P3WN!
Halcyon
???

Re:

Postby Megamanrulesall » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:47 pm

I can't seem to download it via Gigeshare. T.T I suppose if it is not too much trouble, you could split the file into two and do it via Megaupload. That may be easier for some. I really wish to try this game out.

I try via Internet Explorer and it says:
Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site
http://www.gigeshare.com/preview/87cna5 ... n2f855fd7/

Operation Aborted
Then switches to "Page can't be displayed" page. >.<
Mozilla Firefox doesn't want to work either. I click the continuation link, wait a bit, click the blue arrow button and it takes me to yastorage.com I don't know what to do from here if if this is the right place. >.<
Megamanrulesall
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby Throku » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:50 am

Bah here I thought the poll was about the cheats :/

The game is awesome, the cheats ruins the game, it was the main reason why I stopped doing modifications, the joy of providing a challange and an adventure for people to explore instadied when people everywhere begged for cheats so they could just blipp their way through everything.

I really really really hope no game makerreleases any cheats for future games at least not any they helps you defete the game easier, Krishna3ca's game with the cheats that makes you able to be eaten and digested by anything and such is another matter.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby dagan54452 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:37 am

its the file gone?, I guess I missed out :(
dagan54452
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:24 pm

Cheats are very important for the development process. Whether or not they have a place in a release game is a matter of some debate, but I think if you're going to release a game that people can add on to, then you have to leave some form of debugging functionality in place as well.

The alternative is having to play through the whole game every time you want to test stuff at the end.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Throku » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:10 pm

there are easier ways to do that than game-cheats, both Duam and I have been known to link just about every map in the game to the hometown map and also populate the hometown with just about every character or monster we want to test. and litter with items too.
Throku
May I take your order?

Re:

Postby Seifens » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:53 pm

I apologize for sounding accusatory... I was just kind of taken back when you mentioned that specifically as the reason you stopped modding. It's your call, of course, but I really enjoyed your mod. I'm sure a lot of people did, even if they had to bump their stats up (or down) to see everything it had to offer. :)

You have my full-on sympathy when it comes to the frustrations of trying to get people to play the game you made instead of the one they want to play... I spent the better part of a fairly extensive MUD career trying to do just that, only to find out that the things other people wanted out of a game weren't necessarily what I had intended to put into it.

It all comes down to a matter of preference. Any game that you can edit will open itself up to cheating. Particularly if you are permitted to modify the original game assets. Even if not, editing your character file or even the program's binary are always options to the savvy. So I tend to see the fact that people will cheat if they are so inclined as ultimately unavoidable.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Aleph-Null » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:29 am

well I think the difference is just ease of use. If a person has an easy cheat at their finger tips they are less likely to undertake a challenge. If the gaming pop has to alter the binary a significantly smaller portion of that population will be cheating.

I don't mind cheats in single play games so much as exploiting in multi play games. The former is just disrespectful, the latter ruins other gamers' experience.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Jake_Foxx » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:03 am

Soooo....Taito. Was the game ever uploaded elsewhere? It sounds like a blast, but Gigashare is being bitchy.
If it moves, eat it. If it doesn't, yiff it until it does move, THEN eat it. =^.^=

Sgt. in Shorzie's Army! Join now or suffer!
Jake_Foxx
Participator

Re:

Postby Seifens » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:37 am

Aleph-Null wrote:well I think the difference is just ease of use. If a person has an easy cheat at their finger tips they are less likely to undertake a challenge. If the gaming pop has to alter the binary a significantly smaller portion of that population will be cheating.

I don't mind cheats in single play games so much as exploiting in multi play games. The former is just disrespectful, the latter ruins other gamers' experience.

I'm not so sure I agree with the term 'disrespectful', but maybe my expectations are just lower. I think the respect comes from playing the game, not so much how you decide to do it.

There are big gray areas. I think most people can agree that it's cheating to modify the game. But some people may debate whether or not the use of provided codes or unlockables would qualify. How about reading a walkthrough? Or getting advice from other people on a forum? What about using 'cheap' tactics, like training enemies to a choke point where they can't follow you? Does it make a difference if you're on your first or second play-through? Everyone draws the line at different places.

I'm completely with you as to multiplayer games, though. As soon as you're affecting other people it's a whole different set of standards.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Aleph-Null » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:05 pm

Well when I say disrespectful I mean when someone circumnavigates a portion of the game via cheating. For example game progresses A->B->C etc... but someone doesn't like sections O to R so they skip them with a cheat.

I do agree that everyone draws the line in a different place. where I draw it is when someone uses a cheat/hack/exploit to skip sections of the game or story that the creator(s) wanted you to experience without at least giving it a shot.

I can sympathize with people not wanting play guessing games or go on wild goose hunts to pass a section, and if you are really stuck then I can totally see using a walk through or asking for help. But if you just log into an RPG your first time in and cheat your way to max level than I do call that disrespectful because you skip every challenge the creators have laid out for you. I kind of see it like someone cooking you a seven course meal and you refusing to even try the first 5.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Jake_Foxx » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:13 pm

*chuckle* Meal. *giggle* Vore-Based Game. *ROFL* :lol: :lol:
If it moves, eat it. If it doesn't, yiff it until it does move, THEN eat it. =^.^=

Sgt. in Shorzie's Army! Join now or suffer!
Jake_Foxx
Participator

Re:

Postby warbrand2 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:44 pm

can't download game :!: :!: :neutral:
warbrand2
New to the forum

Re:

Postby Duamutef » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:11 am

Well, I have a bit of a different perspective...the thing is, a game's creator(s) will never see things from the same perspective as the player and will never interpret things the same way anyway. Thus, the experience the creator wants a player to have will rarely be the one they get anyway. In fact, in my case, the harder someone pushes something, the more likely I am to react the opposite way. For example, when a certain character shows up in a Final Fantasy game over and over again and effortlessly tosses the PCs aside (coughSEPHIROTHcoughKEFKAcough), I don't think "holy crap that guy is powerful." I think "holy crap, that guy is badly written." Basically, any time the creator's personal motivations become visible to me, the experience is broken. This happens both with storyline and with game mechanics. When a game designer tries to force the player into something via a certain mechanic, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and breaks the experience. That may just be because I'm a game designer myself, but it still has the opposite effect than the one intended.

Paradoxically, I've almost always gotten into games *more* when I've cheated. When you cheat, you can make the game conform to your whims--and if you're someone who values the game experience, those whims may be more constructive to the original creator's aims than their own work is, by virtue of the fact that it's tailored to you. You can create a character that is more *you* than the options they give you.

For example, I have a character editor for Diablo 2. I don't use it to overpower my characters; I use it to change the game in other ways. For example, I made a character who was basically an enchanter. I would go into the editor, take away a bunch of gold and gems and stuff, and then give him a charm or a necklace or whatnot that did something that normally isn't possible in the game (such as a necklace that has the Thorns aura). There are many games where I've used cheats and hacks not to become more powerful, but simply to make a character more like I would imagine myself (or my avatar in that world).

Other games are better off with the player cheating just because the game designers made some stupid mistakes or bad decisions. Might and Magic 6 and 7, for example--particularly 7--had a lot of things that were just annoying and didn't add to the game experience. For example, there were certain skills you simply had to sink points into for no other reason than they would outright kill you if you didn't. (Disarm, for example.) In 7, they basically forced you to include a thief in your party just because otherwise you couldn't open chests in the later parts of the game without instantly killing your entire party. So I cheated by giving all of my characters grandmaster disarm from the beginning of the game. Other skills just weren't worth the points by a long shot, but still left gaps in the game if you didn't take them, so I would do the same with those.

There were certain other annoying things I would get around occasionally, such as when I didn't want to hunt down a skill trainer or somesuch. And, occasionally, I would experiment with playing the game different ways by breaking the rules in different ways. I would make up my own little character creation rules and my own little character classes. Sometimes I would let a character grandmaster in a skill that they weren't supposed to be able to. And why not? It's not like me and the game designer are having a *contest.*

And even if all you're doing is balls-to-the-wall cheating, instantly making your characters Like Unto The Gods, I don't think a game maker really has any right to bitch. You paid them for the game. (Usually.) I think that level of "respect," that you play the game exactly their way, is a bit too much to reasonably expect. Pretty much any situation that pits the designer against the player, I will tend to side with the player. What the designer designs is his business. What the player plays, and how they play it, is THEIR business. If they want to "ruin" the experience for themselves, that's their perogative. (Personally, it has never ruined my experience. Hell, I wouldn't have ever had any fun with Contra were it not for the infamous "Konami Code.")

Just my 2 cents, I s'pose.
Step into my world, and maybe one of it's denizens...
http://www.sdcga.com/~duam9/
Duamutef
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Evil_Lord_Proteus » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:35 pm

Greetings everyone. Nice to see some fellow vore fans. :)

Anyway, i have a rapidshare premium account, if there is any way you can send me the game, assuming i dont "find out" how to download it from Gigafail, i can upload it to Rapidshare instead of Gigashare. Gigashare is the single worst file hosting service currently known to man. Fact.
Evil_Lord_Proteus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aleph-Null » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:03 am

you can get to it off the link at the bottom of Duamutef's sig or click here

would suggest if 2.14 has issues, un-install, install 2.12 than install 2.14 over it without un-installing 2.12
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby kaze10 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:11 pm

Aleph-Null wrote:you can get to it off the link at the bottom of Duamutef's sig or click here

would suggest if 2.14 has issues, un-install, install 2.12 than install 2.14 over it without un-installing 2.12

Mine won't work at all. namely a file error 430 and createformfunction error. Any suggestions on how to fix that. Also my comp is a vista and is a laptop.
If everyone was equal, would we be diverse?
kaze10
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Duamutef's Dimension