Cartovore 2 Beta 2.012 Update

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

What would you like to see next in Cartovore 2?

More single-player content (enemies, missions, etc.)
27%
Multiplayer (Which may include a simple matchmaking server)
10%
Starter decks for Angels and Fae
14%
Some semblance of play balance
5%
Nothing--start working on VRPG 2, dammit.
41%
Nothing--finish Shells, dammit.
2%
Other (specify below)
2%

Total votes : 185

Re:

Postby Aleph-Null » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:01 pm

are you sure the card isn't just getting re-stunned? There should be a round timer next to the status for the card.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby HS » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:01 pm

I am quite certain the cards aren't getting re-stunned. I have three Wind Blasts on my deck, and I can permanently stun any three enemy characters with them. Other stuns seem to last indefinately too.
HS
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby Xenodeus » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:55 pm

No, I do scroll down, and it doesn't do that. Please stop telling me things happen that don't. I am actually successfully doing what I am saying. :?
Xenodeus
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby Xenodeus » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:03 pm

Ok, so hilariously just after I posted that for the first time I wasn't able to play a card. I still think there is some sort of bug, because I can play all my cards GENERALLY on the first turn, (all the girls I play first turn no matter who they are.) but I didn't successfully play Solar when I had only 2 monsters. Am I not understanding something? It seems like I shouldn't be able to play 13 gold cost in girls turn 1, is there possibly some sort of cost reduction at work? :(
Xenodeus
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby Number-2 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:06 pm

Xenodeus wrote:Ok, so hilariously just after I posted that for the first time I wasn't able to play a card. I still think there is some sort of bug, because I can play all my cards GENERALLY on the first turn, (all the girls I play first turn no matter who they are.) but I didn't successfully play Solar when I had only 2 monsters. Am I not understanding something? It seems like I shouldn't be able to play 13 gold cost in girls turn 1, is there possibly some sort of cost reduction at work? :(

I'm having the same problem. Sometimes it won't let me play a card due to limited resources. Actually, I think just the first round allows it. Last game I played, first round I played 20 gold worth of girls with only 5 gold to play with. Also, every girl I play increases my gold production by 1, even if they aren't supposed to. If the character IS supposed to increase gold production, that number is also increased by one.
Number-2
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby HS » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:42 pm

Actually, I think that every character is supposed to contribute to the gold income. And few of the player cards have traits that further increase income when more characters are in play.
HS
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby HS » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:50 pm

I made some testing on your bug, Xenodeus, and you are right. It is possible to play too much in the first turn, and doing so seems to mess with the system, allowing you to play too much any turn afterwards too. So, I recommend playing only the cards you should be allowed to play on turn one, and the problem won't occur on any turn after that.
HS
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby Xenodeus » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:27 am

Thanks for looking in to it, but playing differently on my first turn isn't fixing it. To give a little insight on the bug, I tried playing a Whitefeather Ryu first turn and it didn't work. Without playing anything else I tried playing the next turn and it worked. Somehow, I think resources are still acumulating. I have a list of some bugs, should I post them here or should I email them somewhere?
Xenodeus
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby HS » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:26 pm

Posting here is okay. Like Deathworks said in her post, posting them here lets everybody see if someone has already reported the said bug or not. But if you have a comprehensive report, possibly with screenshots and such, sending it right to Duamutef would probably be the best thing to do. His email is theduamutef(at)gmail(dot)com
HS
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby Xenodeus » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:34 pm

I might go that all out, but for starters, here's a few bugs I've found:

~ the card Double or Nothing isn't halving my life when I play it. I still get the double tokens, and the card doesn't show up as being played (is it supposed to?)

~ The Maizer clan lady's text for swallowing someone displays a number instead of her victims name.

~ Fayzee is jumping into her own stomach, repeatedly.

~ If I buy two booster boxes or two boosters in the same shopping trip the game crashes with a Runtime Error 6

~ All the premium cards don't display correctly while in my hand. They say something like: "-[font #FFFFFF"

~ Shadow Armor says: "Lastval 12(could be another number) does X damage to (attacker)"

That's all I've found so far.

And Thanks for the great game Duam!
Xenodeus
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby Beany_one » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:27 pm

Alchemist's attacks display a long series of parser errors that seem to be related to the font of the poison portion of the attack. As a result, the poison stat also is never applied.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those that understand binary and those that don't.
Beany_one
Participator

Location: In my pants, which seems to be the wrong location for this forum.

Re:

Postby HS » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:01 am

Here's a few more. The Whitefeather Ryu's text says that it swallows itself.

Tisha's 'in stomach' text is just a number too.

The Savannah Huntresses swallowing text has it's names all mixed up.
HS
Somewhat familiar

Postby Wanderer » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:40 pm

I got a REALLY nasty error today. I was messing around with the card editor, trying to get a few custom triggers to work and I've been saving my custom cards in the starter set (so they'll show up in the shop) and I was just saving when I got a subscript error, crashing the program. I loaded back up and tried to load the editor again, but whenever I tried to load it, the thing gave me an invalid value error or something. I took a look at my actual starter set text file and found it had nearly been whipped clean!

All that was left were a few stat cards and one of my customs. This caused some serious problems of course during general play and I couldn't use the shop anymore at all. It's a fixable problem, just put in a new starter set, but everyone should be forewarned. If you use the card editor, especially with the starter set, BACKUP YOUR FILE Now I gotta redo all my nifty changes, a bit irksome but I only had like 3 "original" cards I actually based off one from the starter set.

Anyway, besides that, I do get random and annoying "subscript out of range" errors during general play. It's kinda annoying, like the enemy knows I'm gonna kick her butt so she breaks the game to stay out of my leader's belly :lol:

I would agree that the card set could have used a bit more proofreading. there are still frequent mixups in digestion quotes where $MYNAME and $TARGETNAME are interposed. And there are those characters who just don't have digestion/being digested quotes.

I really like the inclusion of additional morsel cards, those are fun to use. Personally, I would like to see more cards like the Girlyburp "Jessica Lynn" who you can command to eat one of your own girls. I have actually copied her for all my own customs, just so I can feed them properly ^_^
Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
Wanderer
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Number-2 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:02 am

Wanderer wrote:I got a REALLY nasty error today. I was messing around with the card editor, trying to get a few custom triggers to work and I've been saving my custom cards in the starter set (so they'll show up in the shop) and I was just saving when I got a subscript error, crashing the program. I loaded back up and tried to load the editor again, but whenever I tried to load it, the thing gave me an invalid value error or something. I took a look at my actual starter set text file and found it had nearly been whipped clean!

All that was left were a few stat cards and one of my customs. This caused some serious problems of course during general play and I couldn't use the shop anymore at all. It's a fixable problem, just put in a new starter set, but everyone should be forewarned. If you use the card editor, especially with the starter set, BACKUP YOUR FILE Now I gotta redo all my nifty changes, a bit irksome but I only had like 3 "original" cards I actually based off one from the starter set.

Anyway, besides that, I do get random and annoying "subscript out of range" errors during general play. It's kinda annoying, like the enemy knows I'm gonna kick her butt so she breaks the game to stay out of my leader's belly :lol:

I would agree that the card set could have used a bit more proofreading. there are still frequent mixups in digestion quotes where $MYNAME and $TARGETNAME are interposed. And there are those characters who just don't have digestion/being digested quotes.

I really like the inclusion of additional morsel cards, those are fun to use. Personally, I would like to see more cards like the Girlyburp "Jessica Lynn" who you can command to eat one of your own girls. I have actually copied her for all my own customs, just so I can feed them properly ^_^

I got that error too and figured out that I had to copy the modified card from the startingset.txt to the enemy text because after you modify it, it saves the changes to the card in the startingset.txt but not the specific enemy texts (if that made sense... lol) Anyways, I did that and the subscript out of range error disappeared.
Number-2
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby Duamutef » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:52 am

I have found and fixed a few subscript errors, but I have no way of knowing if those were they...aside from the fact that the card editor baleets the second card when you load (which I also fixed) I haven't had any problems with it.

Then again, I haven't used it much, since I've mostly been working on speed optimizations, and fixing the bugs those optimizations caused.

(The game is a jillion times faster now, though, so I think it's been worth it)
Step into my world, and maybe one of it's denizens...
http://www.sdcga.com/~duam9/
Duamutef
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Aleph-Null » Tue May 01, 2007 8:56 pm

Iguess I forgot to explain my vote (VRPG). Of all the stuff you have done I liked the VRPG the most, and I think starting ith a clean slate could produce a really interesting game, however it would be a shame not to finish cartovore. Cartovore seems rather close to completion and I don't see why someone wouldn't want you to complete that before moving on to such a large project.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby BradRepko » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:11 am

Found several errors after finally downloading the game. One of the cards has no picture, a few times when I bought cards it said no such card file found or some such note. Also, the biggest error that stops my play is Error in compile effect messages. They really stop my game, and happen a lot, especially when choosing my target for girls to attack. Also, when I first bought cards at shop and exited, it didn't save.
BradRepko
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby BradRepko » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:15 pm

You Duam, do you think you think you can hurry up and fix the error in compile effect error. The game is completely unplayable as it is, I can't even get through a single game without getting stuck with a seemingly endless amount of error in compile effect messages.
Fraaz, Master of Icy Fire

"Nooooooooooooo! The Demon King is going to run around in MY body? BLECH! That's too disgusting for words!"

My Interactives:
My Life As a Teenage Voraphile
Catering to Hungry Girls
Down the Hatch: Out the Egress
BradRepko
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby lonelyjedi99 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:19 pm

Duam, Cartomancer rocks. I say, take your time and finish it up. I've had a few probs with it, mainly girls not getting digested and Shia Shan is unhittable, also some compiling issues.

But it rocks. Please finish it. Then we can get to the awesomeness that will be VRPG 2 :)
lonelyjedi99
New to the forum

Rule of thumb

Postby Deathworks » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:31 am

Hi!

Lonelyjedi99: My experience is that digestion works properly most of the time. However, there are a few cards whose code cause issues. One example would be the hap-hap. In her current version, she can make the game impossible to win by effetively removing the enemy player card from play (not defeating/killing her but making her inaccessible).

So, my suggestion is to currently remove those cards that cause problems from your decks for the time being. Since most cards seem to work just fine, playing and enjoying the game should still be possible.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

PreviousNext

Return to Duamutef's Dimension