I'm just going to throw this out here...

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

I'm just going to throw this out here...

Postby NerdyNeko » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Hello there one and all!

I'm not going to explain much about this upload, apart from the basics:

1) Its a game... of sorts, there is no game play elements to it yet (Just download, virus check it, unzip and execute VoreRPGTeaserMap.exe)
2) Took me around a hour or so to make, and is very very basic... as in this cant even be classed as alpha yet, its like a very crude drawing of better things to come (Hopefully)
3) What spurred this idea? I was playing around with a new game engine I treated myself to and was like... "you know what would make a great pet project?"
4) Just to get the first question cleared... its the cave and first town from the game we all know and love... also a little house I made while experimenting ^_^
5) Any questions please ask below or pm me ^_^

I'll provide more info about wtf I have planned and answer questions on this in a week or so, I know long time but I'm a awful tease when I wanna be, till then enjoy ;-)

Link to offical page: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=45391&p=2422768#p2422768

Link for game here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwPKQn ... sp=sharing
(Eka can't handle my huge package, but googles a slut ;-3)

P.S to close the game when your done press the Esc key ^_^

Have fun~
Nerdy Neko
Last edited by NerdyNeko on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NerdyNeko
Been posting for a bit

Re: I'm just going to throw this out here...

Postby scottypilgrim » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:47 pm

http://puu.sh/mIlUF/7771aef8a5.png This is the error I'm getting while trying to run it :c trying to figure something out but I got nothing so far. *edit I found the data folder is zipped as well, it's pass protected though. I'm assuming getting in there will fix it.
scottypilgrim
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby martyr » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:01 pm

Worked fine for me, but my computer is also set up for game development, so I have all the redistributables installed already. Very in-progress-looking, but I love it so far! Can't wait to see more! X3

I'm surprised how much harder it is to make it out of the caves without a top-down view. xD
martyr
Participator

Postby NerdyNeko » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:39 pm

scottypilgrim wrote:http://puu.sh/mIlUF/7771aef8a5.png This is the error I'm getting while trying to run it :c trying to figure something out but I got nothing so far. *edit I found the data folder is zipped as well, it's pass protected though. I'm assuming getting in there will fix it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y2ljw ... enal32.zip

Download this, BE SURE TO VIRUS CHECK IT! because im not the sourse of it, put it into the same folder the game files are in then boot up the games .exe again... I found it booted the game for me, but as my laptops a brick it couldnt handle it X-D Hope this helps :-)

If it still doesnt work I know of another work around I can do to help get this working for you :-)
NerdyNeko
Been posting for a bit

Postby night22 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:17 am

Holy fuck man. I'll be following your progress.
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MikhailOberchav » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:53 am

does this not work on mac? i've been trying to unpack the file using an unrar program but it keeps saying it can't because it's in archive format.
MikhailOberchav
Somewhat familiar

Postby NerdyNeko » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:22 pm

MikhailOberchav wrote:does this not work on mac? i've been trying to unpack the file using an unrar program but it keeps saying it can't because it's in archive format.

At the moment the map is only Windows and Linux (Might be wrong, yet to have a linux person tell me off)...

Never really thought much about the Mac's, no offence, just when I think gaming I see Windows or Linux ^_^
NerdyNeko
Been posting for a bit

Postby NerdyNeko » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:53 am

martyr wrote:Worked fine for me, but my computer is also set up for game development, so I have all the redistributables installed already. Very in-progress-looking, but I love it so far! Can't wait to see more! X3

I'm surprised how much harder it is to make it out of the caves without a top-down view. xD

Oh im curious, call it my inner nerd, what game engine do you use for you game development stuff, always love hearing about cool and new things to try out ^_^

Oh yeah! and that was a draft map... since then ive started again with a whole the new first area map for the official game, its cave will be bigger, longer and harder... call it over compensating on my behalf X-D
NerdyNeko
Been posting for a bit

Postby hernextmeal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:04 pm

NerdyNeko wrote:
MikhailOberchav wrote:does this not work on mac? i've been trying to unpack the file using an unrar program but it keeps saying it can't because it's in archive format.

At the moment the map is only Windows and Linux (Might be wrong, yet to have a linux person tell me off)...

Never really thought much about the Mac's, no offence, just when I think gaming I see Windows or Linux ^_^

.exe therefore not Linux. Maybe it would work in Wine but who knows
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby forumlurker » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:52 pm

Very interesting project. Certainly will follow it.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby captamis » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:55 pm

yay awesome
captamis
Somewhat familiar

Postby martyr » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:09 pm

NerdyNeko wrote:Oh im curious, call it my inner nerd, what game engine do you use for you game development stuff, always love hearing about cool and new things to try out ^_^

So far I've only tried Unity and UE4, as far as 3d engines go, and a little bit of 2d in GameMaker ages and ages ago. I prefer Unity, mostly out of inertia, because that's what I've used most. :lol:

Outside pre-made engines like those, I've also programmed a couple of my own from near-scratch, using DirectX or OpenGL for graphics. Been a few years since I've done that, though...
martyr
Participator

Postby sommion » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:02 pm

what i neeed to run this? i opened and its close it in a instant
sommion
Participator

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:07 pm

Why is there a Steam file inside the directory and why is there a passworded zip with what seems to be the required game data files? :o
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Carni-vore » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:50 pm

Ya getting the same thing on my end
.....I have ALOT of hungry dragons...Anyone want to say hello?

Carni-vore
???

Postby NerdyNeko » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:21 am

martyr wrote:So far I've only tried Unity and UE4, as far as 3d engines go, and a little bit of 2d in GameMaker ages and ages ago. I prefer Unity, mostly out of inertia, because that's what I've used most. :lol:

Outside pre-made engines like those, I've also programmed a couple of my own from near-scratch, using DirectX or OpenGL for graphics. Been a few years since I've done that, though...

I was interested in unity buuuuut the monthly subscription costs scared me off, for me I like to have a product that's fully mine haha :-)

Oh cool! Ive wanted to do that myself but it looks way to scary to do at the moment ^^
NerdyNeko
Been posting for a bit

Postby NerdyNeko » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:25 am

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Why is there a Steam file inside the directory and why is there a passworded zip with what seems to be the required game data files? :o

The softwear I used has steam intergation along with standalone, so If I really wanted to I could publish a game on steam with little to no problems :-) As for the password... spoilers ;-)

sommion wrote:what i neeed to run this? i opened and its close it in a instant

The progam itself is still rather scatty, so give it time and hopefully I will find away to get nearly everyone running this game on there systems :-)
NerdyNeko
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aces » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:11 pm

Carni-vore wrote:

Ya getting the same thing on my end

Posting for reference so I'm informed when there's a playable prototype.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Gutlover » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:32 pm

I tried using the OPENAL32.dll and put in system32.It still says its missing for me.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:41 am

Gutlover wrote:I tried using the OPENAL32.dll and put in system32.It still says its missing for me.

https://www.openal.org/downloads/

Also you're not missing much. It's just an unfinished level that's really irritating to navigate. No vore.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to Duamutef's Dimension