MONKEY!!
50%
MONKEY!!
50%

Total votes : 2

"Love and Vore" Script Overhaul/Update

Postby GentlemanInShakeskin » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:08 am

*Update 3/11/2014*
((Due to EKA's voting system being a little bitch, Both NO! mean no and MONKEY! means yes))

Hello lads and Dolls,

Its been a while since my last update, the place I work at is in xmas mode, means I've been working almost nonstop with tons of overtime. Anyways I've managed to book a few days off to recharge and work things out. Hopefully I'll be posting the first update very soon, after I've done the Intro part I was thinking I might live stream the creation of the mod weekly so I can get live input from all of you ^_^ vote above to let me know what you think (5 day voting period) If I get enough yes votes I'll set something it up for you all to enjoy

Also!
>I am currently looking for a female voice actor to lend there voice to this project (For free hopefully) to redo all the cyber lady bits
>To donate my paypal is [email protected]

Update 30/09/2014
Spoiler: show
Hay ya! Ladys and Gentlefolks,

Got some more news... I know give it a break your posting updates like mad... but yeah heres the master plan! I'm doing it in installments and letting it grow like a goo girl over her prey haha. Oh also another list!

1)Intro
2)Home town
3)City of Angles
4)City of Wormgut
5)Skinbane
6)Blackscourge
7)Allia
8)Ending

So as you can see a clear 8 releases, no more or none less (Unless there are some bugs then there may be one more) But yeah as time goes on I will update as to when I predict parts to be completed

Also!
>I am currently looking for a female voice actor to lend there voice to this project (For free hopefully) to redo all the cyber lady bits
>To donate my paypal is [email protected]

Changes update 28/09/2014
Good day guys and girls!

Major change of plans, after reading a few comments from people in the programming world I've decided to change tactics, gonna list them as I'm in a list mood today:

-No testers! Going to just give out the town for the community to test (Just hope I don't get the Beta effect where you guys lose interest in this :-/)
-I'll be taking donations instead of asking it off testers
-Towns will be released as part of the main game, final copy will all be by my hand, basically it will all end in my own code from start to finish ^_^
-That is all :-3

So if you haven't got it by now the mod is still going ahead, to those who say I'm taking on something way too big, I say watch this ground because its going to happen and I will eat my words if its not completed hehe :-)

To donate Paypal me at:
[email protected]

Demo update 25/09/2014
Hay ya guys!

Ok good news, I've spent a hour or two mixing up a new script for Tanna of home town, its a quick little mock up and a little teaser of whats to come. I've used this as a little bit of a tester, mostly to see what I can do with the code and from what I did with it I'm very pleased. Im going to throw it online for you all to enjoy, to install all you have to do is open up your game folder and plop the file in. When it promps you to remove or keep the orgnial in the file chose to remove it, it will then add mine in its place (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! ensure you make a copy of the orginal file before adding mine, just incase you or your computer doesnt like the new file)

Enjoy! ...oh also still looking for people to help bug test the changes I plan to make, for more info check the update below!! ^_^

Need help! update 22/09/2014
After some long old brain storming with my dear sister Ruby Shadownaga we have decided to put her part of the mod into my own rather than just hand out a unfinished project long since put down. I also have decided take on some mod testers, to ensure this product comes out in the most polished way possible, though work hasn't started yet I hope to hand out towns for the team to test extensively. Then once its all the towns have been tested I will put it all together and I'll give my team a month or two to pay though it once again scrubbing it for mistakes and errors that need fixing. Once where all happy, and I do mean the whole team I will publish the mod to the vore community to enjoy! :-D

I'll be looking for around 10 testers and to ensure I don't get any cop outs I'll be asking £5 to become part of this project, it was £10 but looking back I could see a lot of people say WTF! but yeah to address the money its so I get people who are willing to put themselves out for this... the money itself will be used to pay for commissions and stuff to give the game a freshish lick of eka portal love ^_^

To be part of this team I ask for the following criteria to be met:
-Must have a fully working copy of VRPG working on there computer (Which has not been modded at all, excluding patches to get it working on win 7 and vista as I had to get it to have mine running again)
-Must have a fluid understanding of the English language (With English spelling, not american... yes we do spell things differently from each other)
-Must have skype to IM with me from time to time
-Must issue in a fix list to me once a town has been fully tested (Via email or by Private messaging on here)
-Must be a major anal person about everything! I mean to get this looking great I want the most anal and ocd critics possible by my side ^_^
-Must be able to dedicate a year or so into helping with the bug testing (Even if you get sick and tired of the game lol)
-Must be able to keep the code to the group only (No hand outs full stop, if I do find out my work has been compromised I will end it there, full stop! mod no more. I will delete all my files on the matter and move on to other things. Also if I find out who the leak is I will out them to all in the group and the eka community. Let the community know who ruined this major mod and overhaul of the conversation files)

Now I know this list may be asking for a lot but its only so I can get the best possible people on this mission, there are some perks to the task though:
-Will be fully credited to the creation to the mod
-Will get to see the creation of this mod from start to finish and see things overs may never see in the mod
-Will get there ideas incorporated into the mod (Soft or hard vore ideas welcomed, but no underaged)
-Will be first inline to be part of any and all new vore game projects I may have in the pipe line ;-) (And with no cost as I will know your a trust worthy tester)
-When the project is done I will have free time again so I will offer all of you a free 6 Page writers commission (Usually costs £10)

If you feel you can meet or beat the criteria above then message me with a application, tell me a little about yourself, if I like what I see then welcome to the team ;-) (The subject of the PM should read "RE: Application to the Love and Vore tester team")

For any Questions PM me :-)

20/09/2014: Original post
Hello one and all!

Recently my sister Ruby Shadownaga (Retired from the vore world due to commitments, not really sister our families are close) has given me full access to all of her works, both published and pipe lined, have a good old dig though I came across something rather interesting. Me and her loved Duamutef's VRPG, like the rest of the community I've played it so may times it boarders on madness :-D Anyway's back onto topic while digging I found she was making a mod for the original script, looks from first glance her plan was close to verging on a full rewrite of the script, I do love her but my god when she gets into that mind frame all I can do is look on amazed... shame that was also the reason she left, too many projects and no control. Anyway she got only so far before just dumping it in the vault with the hundreds of other ideas she had haha :-)

Right on to the nuts of my point, she must of dropped this when she went to windows 8 (<-Worse os ever!) as for me I've got a gaming rig with windows 7 and recently got it running on the os (Link here on how to do it: http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=35442 ) because of this I'm going to go for the big one, I'm going to completely over hall all conversations in the game, and a whole lot of vore and other cool little features! :-D This project is going to be a long and annoying but I think it will be worth it, to give this game a fresh lick of paint and let people relive the game with a few more added things to boot, I want your thoughts on the matter. Tell me what you think, what do you want to see in my overhaul?

Also if the demand is high enough I will I have word with Ruby to see if she wont let me leak her unfinished script mod

^All of this will be readable in the future as I update this page, it will be put into a dated spoiler box ^_^
Attachments
Conversations.txt
This is a mock up/promo of the mod
(142.1 KiB) Downloaded 1269 times
Last edited by GentlemanInShakeskin on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:34 am, edited 16 times in total.
GentlemanInShakeskin
Been posting for a bit

Re: "Love and Vore" Script Overhaul/Update

Postby Baz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:16 am

I think Duamutef would have loved this. I support it completely!
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Postby GentlemanInShakeskin » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:22 am

Baz wrote:I think Duamutef would have loved this. I support it completely!

Thanks mate, I would hope he would too, I would have loved to have is guidance on the matter. That's why I turned to the community instead :-D
GentlemanInShakeskin
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bright » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:54 am

SOunds pretty neat. I support the idea.
Visit my artblog?
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby GentlemanInShakeskin » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:03 am

Bright wrote:SOunds pretty neat. I support the idea.

Thanks, its going to be a long haul but it will be worth it
GentlemanInShakeskin
Been posting for a bit

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:36 pm

Until I went snooping into the "bowels" of the source code of the game (courtesy of Massive27's upload) I didn't realize all of the in-stomach GUI text was almost completely randomly generated, quite complex stuff.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby GentlemanInShakeskin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:47 am

Psycho_wolvesbane wrote:Until I went snooping into the "bowels" of the source code of the game (courtesy of Massive27's upload) I didn't realize all of the in-stomach GUI text was almost completely randomly generated, quite complex stuff.

I know that's why I'm only changing conversations, I've heard this thrown around alot about the game, its a hydra cut one head off and two more appear in its place lol :-)
GentlemanInShakeskin
Been posting for a bit

Postby Big_D » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:59 pm

GentlemanInShakeskin wrote:
Psycho_wolvesbane wrote:Until I went snooping into the "bowels" of the source code of the game (courtesy of Massive27's upload) I didn't realize all of the in-stomach GUI text was almost completely randomly generated, quite complex stuff.

I know that's why I'm only changing conversations, I've heard this thrown around alot about the game, its a hydra cut one head off and two more appear in its place lol :-)

funny thats just what duamatef said himself, I do love the fact this is being worked on it was the first Vgame I ever played
Darkness entwines a foolish young heart but the brave will always ring true.......yeah right ;p
Patreon account https:https://www.patreon.com/Yubel
Big_D
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GentlemanInShakeskin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Big_D wrote:

funny thats just what duamatef said himself, I do love the fact this is being worked on it was the first Vgame I ever played

This is why im doing it, it was the first and best vore game ive ever played, as soon as i found Shadownagas mod idea i knew it had to be done, this overhaul i hope will efectivly add hours worth of vore fun to it :-D

...and thinking about it that must be there i got the quote from in the first place haha :-)
GentlemanInShakeskin
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cilis » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:58 am

No offense, but if you're going to quit should it be leaked then I don't think you should even start. Halflife 2 couldn't go without a leak, nor could spore, and these are workers who are getting paid (yours are not) and signed legally binding NDAs(yours will not) and actually faced being lawyered if they were figured out.

Please see the wisdom in that.
Cilis
Participator

Postby night22 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:33 am

You're way in over your head and you're too ambitious. I'd love to see this done, but IIRC, the game was outdated as hell and people only recently have been able to open it up. With this effort you might as well make a new game, plus a lot of what you're trying to do to Duam's is unnecessary, like VA. That never turns out well in indie games, much less fetish games.

Also, why pay to join a restoration team, if that's what you're striving to be? This would work much better as a bandwagon, taking in all sorts of people and keeping it free. Making workers buy their way in for a product they won't be paid for is bullshit.
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GentlemanInShakeskin » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:42 am

night22 wrote:You're way in over your head and you're too ambitious. I'd love to see this done, but IIRC, the game was outdated as hell and people only recently have been able to open it up. With this effort you might as well make a new game, plus a lot of what you're trying to do to Duam's is unnecessary, like VA. That never turns out well in indie games, much less fetish games.

Also, why pay to join a restoration team, if that's what you're striving to be? This would work much better as a bandwagon, taking in all sorts of people and keeping it free. Making workers buy their way in for a product they won't be paid for is bullshit.

Haha oh now your just egging me ^_^ Hopefully Ill make you eat your words, I think a negative attitude is what's destroying the gaming industry, both main stream and fetish wise... lets stop looking at our feet and look up to the clouds, lets go where no games dare go. I'm not saying "lets innovate" because look at Nintendo, what I'm saying is lets stop copying the same formula of games :-D

Really I was looking for donations and a team to help bug test, the money would all be poured back into the game with custom artwork and a new real life female voice over :-) See now that kind of language is uncalled for, I have tried to cover this with a free six paged commission and also the in on any other vore games I may have in the pipe line... thing is I'm a writer not a drawer and I felt it would be a great way to get two birds with one stone... hope I answered all your questions there :-D

Cilis wrote:No offense, but if you're going to quit should it be leaked then I don't think you should even start. Halflife 2 couldn't go without a leak, nor could spore, and these are workers who are getting paid (yours are not) and signed legally binding NDAs(yours will not) and actually faced being lawyered if they were figured out.

Wow... I'm half way impressed with your reply there, even if its a little harsh X-D I think a adequate answer is due, Unlike Gaben I don't have anything to lose if I stop, so if someone wants to spoil my work then they get what they wish, I'm a busy man... I don't have time for dicks ^_^ I don't intend my mod to become a Beta Bitch, I want to give a finished product so people dont get bored having to constantly update there game... I mean look at Dayz Standalone...
GentlemanInShakeskin
Been posting for a bit

Postby WHTB » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:52 pm

night22 may have been blunt with expressing his concerns, but they are legitimate concerns. I don't believe that person is trying to troll you.

You admitted early on that you're an inexperienced programmer. When night22 and myself tell you that you're being too ambitious, it's because we've both seen the same combination of inexperienced developer and ambitious project over and over again. They fail with 100% consistency.

Being dismissive to criticism is not a constructive way to approach a project like this, and it certainly does not help you as a budding game developer. We are offering you this advice because we've been through this a few times already, and we're trying to spare you the trouble. If you continue down this path, I promise you'll reach the same conclusion. You'll just do it the hard way.

Now as far as the concerns over code and content leaks, I find it somewhat ironic that you would be so protective over these as secrets when the foundation of your entire project is only possible because the source and data of Duam's original project is available. I'll address a couple of things that I think might be your reasoning for this...

Are you concerned that someone will steal your code and claim credit for it? If your data is on Github or some public repository, then it can be shown with some authority that you uploaded it first. Github will track the dates of every commit/push you do to their repository, and you'll have their records to back you up on the fact that you were the first to create it.

If you are worried that someone will take the code and integrate it into some other project - making money off your work - then I can assure you that nobody wants to rip off features from an old fetish game written in a mostly-dead programming language that struggles to run on modern platforms. Visual Basic is hardly used by anyone anymore for good reason, and anyone who would want to steal your code would probably have to spend more time converting it to something modern than it would take to write from scratch.

I understand that the money you're asking for would go into commissioning art pieces and paying for VO and all that stuff, but I don't think the people who want to contribute monetary help and the people who want to actually do work on the project are necessarily the same group. Making everyone who wants to help do both of these things is going to limit you to the common subset of those two groups.

I also don't think the motivation you've given (early access and such) is enough to entice people to pay who would not donate otherwise. Especially if they don't have any faith in the project succeeding. You should probably just ask for donations instead.

It also helps to have some work to show before you ask for money. Show us some prototypes (or just screenshots) of your modified content.

I've been a game developer (programmer) in the industry for over five years now, with my name in the credits of three games on Windows, Mac, and (next week) XBox One, published in English, German, French, (next week) Chinese, Russian, and Brazilian Portuegese. I respect your passion for game development, but please consider this advice from a games industry survivor.
WHTB
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cilis » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:27 pm

Cilis wrote:No offense, but if you're going to quit should it be leaked then I don't think you should even start. Halflife 2 couldn't go without a leak, nor could spore, and these are workers who are getting paid (yours are not) and signed legally binding NDAs(yours will not) and actually faced being lawyered if they were figured out.

Wow... I'm half way impressed with your reply there, even if its a little harsh X-D I think a adequate answer is due, Unlike Gaben I don't have anything to lose if I stop, so if someone wants to spoil my work then they get what they wish, I'm a busy man... I don't have time for dicks ^_^ I don't intend my mod to become a Beta Bitch, I want to give a finished product so people dont get bored having to constantly update there game... I mean look at Dayz Standalone...

The thing is, I'm also a game design person like WHTB. I'm just pointing out three general rules.

1.) Given the chance, people will share things. It is human nature. The only way this is prevented is with checkpoints, tracking software and militant security in the big dog companies. (And/or segmenting the code. If each department only gets to work on a chunk, they can't leak a cohesive full product.)

2.) The greater number of people involved, the greater likelyhood that number 1 will be a problem.

3.) Declaring your intention to quit has you on the troll-radar. Some asshat who gets his jollies off of being a dickhead will work to get onto your project testing or team, and then leak it, with the sole intention of ruining the game.

In the end, best advice I can give is choose your "Team" very carefully. Stick to artists, moderators, and writers because they know what it feels like to have their work shared or in the case of a moderator, are community driven.
Cilis
Participator

Postby Cilis » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:42 pm

I suppose you could run a sandbox / virtual box on a server or your own computer and let people dial in to test the game. You can block copying that way, removing most of the security risk.
Cilis
Participator

Postby night22 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:41 am

No, i'm very serious about my concerns as WHTB stated. I cannot take a person seriously when using slang or poor grammar for a serious 'project', much less a writer. If you have no experience , and want easy money (donate here guys!) for a hot item with empty buzzwords, that reeks of disappointment. Too many games have fallen due to over-ambition and rarely do creators ever fall back into making a second. See vore Night (dropped), excel saga (dropped), devourment skyrim mod(dropped, picked up, and standing around)
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GentlemanInShakeskin » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:30 am

night22 wrote:No, i'm very serious about my concerns as WHTB stated. I cannot take a person seriously when using slang or poor grammar for a serious 'project', much less a writer. If you have no experience , and want easy money (donate here guys!) for a hot item with empty buzzwords, that reeks of disappointment. Too many games have fallen due to over-ambition and rarely do creators ever fall back into making a second. See vore Night (dropped), excel saga (dropped), devourment skyrim mod(dropped, picked up, and standing around)

Wow buzz kill, its like nomatter what i do someones not happy, to be honist unlike other comments, i see nothing constructive in this. If anything its more a abusive trolling attempt :-/ These are sad days when people wish to talk in forked tounge rather than engage in useful conversation.... unless you have anything useful to say please dont comment again thank you :-)
GentlemanInShakeskin
Been posting for a bit

Postby massive27 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:56 pm

What's up with this project ?

You know you can also add maps and so, creating bounds by simply editing the line #SETMAPS in a <map>.txt file ?
static definition (<map>.map files) arent mandatory

I should do some kind of editor or light test program for easy debug of mod attempt, I believe.
Don't get fooled, I'm the croc in my avatar >)
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:23 pm

Actually, this is pretty cool.

I've done some modifications of this software in the past.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby R3X » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:53 am

Any news/progress ?
Don't Panic
R3X
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Duamutef's Dimension