ctv2 fix+mod [new version on page 2]

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

ctv2 fix+mod [new version on page 2]

Postby ndk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Just to gage interest I’m almost done on a so far nameless mod/update for cartovore2 which has 3 main features.
1: altered Defender so it doesn’t cause horrendous crashes
2: added a new trait Breast Size which has a number of effects some good for you some good for the enemy. This gets bigger on digesting pray (particularly if they were busty themselves) but some girls start bigger than others.
3: Every Charetor in play has a different name. Things just get to dam confusing when a girl digests another with the same name while also being swallowed by another namesake who’s under attack by her identical twin. Now after the first of its original name characters will be randomly assigned an appropriate name on entering play.

Other minor changes include innumerable card fixes so that e.g. steal stomachs no longer try to digest your “Player No.1” sine, and adding a few cards of my own.

At the moment the new Defender gives that chance of lending an ally some bonus Armour for the turn which is a bit lame- I’m open to suggestions on that.
Last edited by ndk on Sun May 12, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Re: ctv2 fix+mod

Postby lalalalas » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:05 pm

YES PLEASE!!

An update/expansion to Cartovore would be WONDERFUL!
lalalalas
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:27 am

I approve heartily of an effort to finish Cartovore 2. Seen as well, it was unstable as all hell last time I played(Basically it was unplayable).

I wish you the greatest luck in this endeavour.
darkevilme
---

Postby Vizix » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:56 am

Any chance you could look at the resources problem with the game as well? It seemed to subtract the resources when you played a steelstomach card but simply just checked to see if you had enough for the others. Which made Steelstomach very difficult to win with. Hopefully someone else understands what I am saying because I don't know if I explained it well enough... :lol:
Vizix
Participator

Postby ndk » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Glad there’s interest, latest news is that girls can now get a random first and a separately random second name (sirname is probably not an appropriate term for Ishara?)

@ lolcp123 yes I know what you mean. I have no clue what’s going on there I hadn’t even made the link to Steelstomachs until you said that, slightly possible I may be able to work it out now.
@darkevilme even after many fixes its sill buggy, not as buggy as Hell but maybe as buggy as Purgatory? its certainly playable with crashes very rare now it just need a bit of imagination. As well as the gold thing (clearly random theft introduced make the game challenging) characters sometimes seem to ignore the fact there in someone’s belly except that they can't be eaten by anyone else (which I imagine as them managing to get themselves stuck only half way down so they can still punch and bite themselves)
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vizix » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:19 pm

@ndk Yeah it seems to be with Steelstomachs, but certain other cards do it too. Seems to be any card out of the player's clan/fane but there even a few exceptions that rule. I don't know if you were thinking of tackling this too but... many cards that subtract playing costs don't work at all. I'm sure you have a lot on your plate already though. Glad to see work accomplished.
Vizix
Participator

Postby ndk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:32 am

I found it!!
the bug causing lack of recorces some turns couldent have been simpler, now I can not beleve nowone found it befor. What the cards that were causing the problem all had in common was that they all entered play during the ENDTURN phase which since this is when resorces were reset then generated for the next turn effectivly ment you were paying for them at the start of the next turn. (this could actualy be a cool effect in modderation maybe for a banker womman).
So I think when I've changed all instances of entersplay:endturn to phase10 I'll upload an early version of my mod/fix.
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vizix » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:26 am

You are awesome! That will make the steelstomachs actually playable, and they are probably my favorite. Excellent work! :D What else are you hoping to finish before the final release?
Vizix
Participator

Postby ndk » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:55 am

So here’s an early version of my fix/mod for Cartovore 2, to install it download and install Cartomance 2.12 (making sure to notice where to) then unpack this into that folder saying yes/copy and replace whenever asked.
There’s still a few things I want to do mostly small ones but I expect real life to be bussy for a while so I’ll upload it in its almost complete state and see if I get any useful suggestions to add to the full one.

To do:
Make Defender better (using maths!)
Label and balance self made cards
Make separate name lists for girls, monsters etc, maybe even for different clans
Try again to work out why instomack is sometimes ignored
Check appropiat cards have Beast
Check is Sandy Sailhart is causing Errorincompileeffect.
Jorden cappri digested quote
Give Saha a new ability to replace the old bugy one
Attachments
ctv+ NDKed.zip
(982.63 KiB) Downloaded 1034 times
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Re: ctv2 fix+mod [early version attached]

Postby Erecant » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:46 am

Hey Ndk, I finally got around to perusing your new mod and some of the changes you've made. I must say, I like what you've done. Your new mechanics work well enough, though I had to go in and adjust a few syntax throughout to get functionality. The "BOOBS" Trait is rather interesting, and is similar to a personal mod I made some time ago for "Honey", however the fact that you've fleshed it out and included tertiary benefits, beyond keeping track of your girls' victories, is a great touch.

I've noticed a few of your custom cards don't work, or don't work as advertised, so here's hoping that's on your to do list.

One thing I've noticed is I'm having a bit of difficulty keeping the game from hanging up rafter updating, once a critical mass of characters in play has been reached. This could very well be unrelated, as my computer is getting on in years, and I've not played around with the game in some time.

Altogether, great work so far! I look forward to more changes, perhaps interest can be renewed enough in the game, that some of us will feel inclined to make up some new cards to share.

--Ere
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ndk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:23 am

I have a little more time on my hands again so will hopefully be some progress again.
Yes I've been geting the game just stoping on eggtimer but only since the last set of changes so hopefuly its something easy to undo otherwise I've also notaced it tends to happen when lots of cards are out and I've been thinking of limiting the number in play (for each player) anyway for simplicitys sake.
I think I'll start again with the custom cards (one day I want to releace a lode as a seperate project) and just have a coulple as demostrations of what can be done with the new stuff.
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Postby Marcasus » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:49 pm

I'd love to see what you've done, but the game does not work for me. First it say "error in quickstart", then "error in main", then "error in quickstart" again, and finaly it say "Run-time error '339':Component 'COMDLG32' or one of its dependencies nor correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

Any ideas how I could solve this? The problem could be because I use Windows 8, but I don't know :(
Marcasus
Been posting for a bit

Postby cadiankasrkin » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:10 am

Any ideas how I could solve this? The problem could be because I use Windows 8, but I don't know :(

I think there is a thread about playing it on win8 here on the forum.

Also about the ingame crashes. I think it happens when you want to play a girl which allready was in game but got killed allready at least thats what i observed. Guess it has something to do with the renaming stuff.
cadiankasrkin
New to the forum

Postby Revx_Z » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:22 pm

I like the mod so far - the boobs, the renames, the new Enchanter, particularly stood out to me.
I have two complaints though.
One is that the enthusiasm seems to have gotten a bit out of hand sometimes without patience to go back and fix some things - like the phrase "Mao Shin enjoys lapping up Coronya Sailheart's mamalarys" that appeared at one point. I suppose this should have been "mammaries", and that's one hell of a typo.
The other is that this fix+mod seems to take much longer time between turns than the regular version. I don't know why, it just does.

What did you use to determine initial boob size? It seems a bit weird when some powerful girls like Chanelle and Kyachuga start out with boob 1 when their pictures looks like 2-3 and their descriptions talk about being ravenous.

Here's an event that I think has the wrong name:
Gaiasen suddenly hits a tripwire set by Mia Groaningbelly! Before she knows it, she has fallen into a gigantic hot-dog bun! Turrets pop up from out of nowhere and squirt her with mustard and ketchup, making for a humiliating mess! Mia Groaningbelly had better hope there's nothing hungry nearby...
Shouldn't that be "Gaiasen" in the last case?
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ndk » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:40 pm

Marcasus: sorry I have no idea what’s going on there
Revx_Z:
Yer I’ve found the version I uploaded is particualy slow, I don’t know what but something I’ve done has sped it up again since probably that same something bizarrely singled out Charlotte Gurglemeister’s picture not to load. I’m not dealing with a normal program hear.
Chanelle should have boobs 5 and Kyachuga 4 unless something was lost in upload, there is no real system.

All: Things of mine will contain quite a lot of spelling mistakes that will never change, but if anyone want to help (spelling on names is not a strong point for me) one thing that would be helpful at this point is if people could add to the list of girl names, these are added in the format below as separate entry’s first and second names then randomly joined together when needed.
#CUSTOMSTRING, $FIRSTNAME, "Serren"
#CUSTOMSTRING, $FIRSTNAME, "Emily"

#CUSTOMSTRING, $SECONDNAME, "White"
#CUSTOMSTRING, $SECONDNAME, "Roberts"
I will certainly need help thinking up good monster/deamoness names when I’ve decided on a format for these, perhaps very literal sounding two part names for monsters like Stout-horn or Brown-hide? But then those two examples wouldn’t really work if eg. given to a harpy.
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Postby ndk » Sun May 12, 2013 2:43 pm

http://aryion.com/content/ctv2
a link to a new (finished?) version
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Re: ctv2 fix+mod [new version on page 2]

Postby nyanyan » Sun May 12, 2013 6:00 pm

I get 'access denied' for this new link.
nyanyan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ndk » Sun May 12, 2013 6:33 pm

file uploads like that need to be approved first so check in a while
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Postby nyanyan » Sun May 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Km, guess I was too fast? Wow, usually I'm late xP
nyanyan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ndk » Wed May 15, 2013 11:13 am

I've sorted out an alternative download site: https://rapidshare.com/#!download|960p1 ... 5298CA0078
ndk
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Duamutef's Dimension