Amanda's new guide to Vore Games under Win7 (incl. Duamutef)

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

Amanda's new guide to Vore Games under Win7 (incl. Duamutef)

Postby Amanda » Thu May 24, 2012 12:04 pm

So, after alot of work, here is my updated guide to Vore Games under Vista or Windows 7. It took a while to find a method that is working well for Duamutef's game, but finally, I got that thing to work again. This time it even works properly. :)

Duamutef's Vore RPG
1.) You need to have a functioning DVD/CD of Windows XP to perform this method. I will not tell you where to get XP images if you dont.

2.) Install VirtualBox ( https://www.virtualbox.org/ ), a software that allows you to emulate another machine. Be careful, you will be asked to install network drivers, so you should not leave the machine unattended.

3.) Create a new machine. Create a virtual hard drive of dynamic size with at least 50GB of space.

4.) Open the settings of the created machine and make sure it has at least 64MB of graphic memory, and the 2D and 3D acceleration support is on. We need that one.

5.) Install your windows XP on the virtual machine.

6.) Once it is installed, reboot to safe mode. If you dont know how, just close the machine window in the middle of running, simulating a crash, then you will be asked for it.

7.) Use the Menu of the running machine window (inm safe mode) to install the guest additions. Be sure to Select the DirectX/Direct3D support. Without that, it wont work properly.

8.) Use a shared folder (Machine settings, shared folder, autohook) after you installed the guest additions to transfer the setup, or redownload it from the internet.

9.) Install it, and have fun. It should now work properly.

10.) IMPORTANT: Your machine should not have internet past installation. You should run it without updates, so the ubdated script engine that cannot run VRPG cannot be installed on yoru XP. Since its then completly vulnerable, do NOT give it internet after activating it. Use the shared folder for data.

Tadaaa, it runs again... have fun being digested by a hungry succubus there ;)

Cartovore 2
If you have installed the virtual machine from VRPG, install Cartovore 2 there, it will work ways better than the solutin below.

Again, we get a nerves collapse, because of this game. Maybe it does run, but then either the content doesnt show up, the security center meeps or it behaves clumsy and shows things you didnt even select. Reason is the new "protected mode" of Internet Explorer 7, which runs in a safe memory, which the integraded browser of cannot access, therefor causes problems.

If you upgraded windows, you have to do the first steps, else skip it.
1. Reinstall the game from Duamutef's Server into a SEPERATE folder than what your customized game is in.

Now the steps for ALL of you, not mattering if fresh installed or upgraded.
2. Select the Cartomancer.exe and go on "Properties", select "Compatibility".
3. Check the box next to "Run program in compatibility mode" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)"
4. Check "Deactivate scaling with high DPI" (or similar)

5. Try your old modified game. If it works, you can delete the new version again, else copy your cards folder and the rules txts to the new one and delete the old game.

Tadaaa, it runs again... greet Mao Shin from me...

The Java VGAME on 64-bit machines
VGAME does NOT run under 64-bit machines right now, because it is missing the required database drivers, and therefor cnanot connect to its game content or any savegames. To fix this, you need to install the Java Runtimes in BOTH 32 and 64 bit edition.

FIRST install the 32bit version, THEN the 64bit version.

Now you need to create your own batch file. You simply open your notepad and save a text file with the ending .bat (for example "amandathe.bat"). Remember that you need to be able to view your file extensions for that (Explorer Menu > Folder Options).

Remember to place it INTO the root folder of VGAME.

The content must now look like this:
"C:/Program Files (x86)/Java/jre7/bin/java.exe" -jar vgame.jar

The first part must be in "" and contain the path to your 32-bit java machine. Then add -jar, and the name of the vgame game JAR, which is usually vgame.jar
Amanda, the playful voric succubus princess... heh, says all ^_^
Amanda
Succubus Princess

Re: Amanda's new guide to Vore Games under Win7 (incl. Duamu

Postby vintious » Thu May 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Or just get the fixed .exe and unpacker for DVRPG hidden in the source code thread.
(I don't know where)

EDIT: Yeah, doesnt work for everyone, but attempting it once is still recommended. Major deja vu also...
Last edited by vintious on Fri May 25, 2012 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disagreeable
vintious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Thu May 24, 2012 8:12 pm

vintious wrote:Or just get the fixed .exe and unpacker for DVRPG hidden in the source code thread.
(I don't know where)

That won't help with Cartovore, and it doesn't work for everyone. I still get ActiveX errors using the fixed .exe.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Angel » Fri May 25, 2012 3:10 am

You don't have to crash your VirtualBox to enter Safe Mode. Just press F8 in the virtual machine window right after booting it (before the Windows XP logo appears) and you'll get a menu.
Angel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NekoYuki » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Also you have Massive's "Updated" DVRPG that lets more machines install it by doing most of that stuff for you with its launcher
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Rogue » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:03 pm

NekoYuki wrote:Also you have Massive's "Updated" DVRPG that lets more machines install it by doing most of that stuff for you with its launcher

where can one find that? I'm trying to run it on windows 8, but I'm not sure how to 'register' the DMC2.ocx...
why is it that if a guy talks dirty, it's sexual harassment, but if a girl talks dirty, it's $1.99 a minuet?
Rogue
Somewhat familiar

Postby NekoYuki » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:46 am

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=30441&start=200

this topic i belive. in the newest page or two/three
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby SomeGuy1294 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Um. Don't have Windows, XP, but I've got Windows 8. Am I boned?
SomeGuy1294
???

Return to Duamutef's Dimension