VRPG Runtime Error

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

VRPG Runtime Error

Postby karei » Sun May 06, 2012 2:05 pm

I know there's a thread for this same topic already, but that's more than 5 years old. It also doesn't contain anything that helps me.

I'm having "Runtime Error 429" every time I try to run VRPG. It used to work on this machine years ago (windows XP.) I've searched all around for a solution, but nothing I've tried has fixed it. Does anyone here have any ideas?
karei
New to the forum

Re: VRPG Runtime Error

Postby mcmacburger » Sun May 06, 2012 10:21 pm

Runtime Error 249 is an ActiveX error. It there any other info in the error message that you could provide? Like .dll file names or the ActiveX component? It would be easier to help you if you could.

You also mentioned that It does work on xp but not your new os, which is a problem people have complained about for a while. I made a thread for a specific error a while ago - It's not the same error I believe, but it cant hurt to try. Find the thread here.
.;;...;;...;;;;….;;...;;...;;;;....;;;;..
.;;;.;;;..;;..;;…;;;.;;;..;;..;;..;;..;;.
.;;.;.;;..;;.......;;.;.;;..;;;;;;..;;.....
.;;...;;..;;..;;…;;...;;..;;..;;..;;..;;.
.;;...;;...;;;;....;;...;;..;;..;;...;;;;..
mcmacburger
Been posting for a bit

Re: VRPG Runtime Error

Postby massive27 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:10 pm

This has been fixed at some point. Error 429 come from a missing DirectX7 DLL that isnt included in windows vista/7 . seek for d3drm.dll on the web and copy it inside %WINDIR%\system32 folder to fix it.

Now, if you have this error within windows XP, and have this very dll already installed, i'll need you to cooperate for the bug tracking. You'll need a program called "sysinternal process explorer" and have to record the Event when launching the game up to the error message. Then you saves up the Event log and send it to me.... feel like doing it ?
Don't get fooled, I'm the croc in my avatar >)
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Return to Duamutef's Dimension