VRPG Source Code?

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

Re: VRPG Source Code?

Postby Heady9 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Okay, same story as last time. Ate a whole bunch of monsters/people (Seriously, I had the whole starting town in my gut at one point) And there was still no bulge. Gave it a shot in compatability mode (Windows XP sp 3), same deal. Here's a quick debug with eating just one girl again.
Attachments
debug.rar
(2.86 KiB) Downloaded 793 times
I make comments and posts when I should be sleeping. You have been warned
Heady9
Somewhat familiar

Postby massive27 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Heady9 : Thanks to the debug, I see absolutely nothing wrong... the bulge generator routine is called without any errors, but it simply does nothing on your screen.
Well honestly I can't do much of a fix with that...
But i'll start a huge work I had in mind about a new way to handle the graphics. It include transparency (which made the game crash in the 2012-11-20 release and afterward), recoloring (which is currently incredibly slow even with our state-of-the-art computer) and the bulge generator (even if it works or not, there is a couple of glitches within)

Buuuut also I so want to make a small multiplayer edition... so here's a open discussion for you lurkers and you contributors :-D : how do you imagine a (small) multiplayer edition ?

Oh, NekoYuki, btw, i'm not very "into" neko, I know you want a neko alike playable char, could you point to me on some graphics to shows me how should look a neko char ?
Don't get fooled, I'm the croc in my avatar >)
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Postby slickwick45 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:55 pm

I need to know, is this game playable yet because every time I try to download it I get the message saying the file name and the game won't be able to load.
slickwick45
Been posting for a bit

Postby massive27 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Beware slickwick45, this thread isn't about the whole game. The file available here is just a replacement of the original binary executable.
You need to get the others files, simply put you need to install the game first.
You'll find the setup at the original developer's page : http://sdcga.com/~duam9/VRPG.html
Or an alternate installer here (recommended for vista/7) : http://www.mediafire.com/file/57w99v1u1 ... 4Setup.exe
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Postby Revx_Z » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Image status report.

This version should stop having funny holes all through the tail, because the image is drawn with black for the dark bits, and black for the background that is to be set to transparent. I copied the 1/3/1 color from a dark-but-not-black patch and applied it to the internal black parts.

Further improvement will be to the black outline of the naga body, guessing at where the outline ends and the background begins. Right now there's a choppy dark line around the tail. Then I will see about packing this and other stuff back into Data.pak and uploading here.

Christmas distractions keep stealing my time. >.>
Attachments
body10_copyedit4.GIF
corrected naga
body10_copyedit4.GIF (10.49 KiB) Viewed 11530 times
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Throku » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:38 pm

Have massive changed the way transparency works? Otherwise you just ensured that there's to be a whole lot of holes in that naga, seeing as Duam set it up to use whatever colour the pixel up in one corner was for transparency.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Revx_Z » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:46 am

My point is that there were a lot of holes in the naga showing up in my game, and now the black parts of the body use a slightly different color (greenish-black) from the (pure) black background. Was it not full of holes for you already? Did I miss something obvious?
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Throku » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:39 am

Ehh... meatnoodles is a second hand dish I eat only when forced to, or there's nothing else around, play as one...eh, no thanks :P IE I wouldn't know the state of them in my games since well if I meat one they are eaten and digested before further scrutiny can be partaken.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby slickwick45 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:34 pm

DMC2.ocx or one of it's dependencies is missing or invalid when I download the game so I still can't get in though I'm using Windows 7. Any suggestions?
slickwick45
Been posting for a bit

Postby massive27 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:59 pm

slickwick45, you used the original installer, which doesnt install all the dependencies for win7. You should have tried the installer from the second link. Also, you launched the original exe file, not the modified one that are released here. Copy one the released exe from that thread in your game directory and try it.

Revx_Z, I tested you new pic : indeed there is less holes within the naga shape, but could you also get rid of the borders ? there is a 1 pixel thick "frame" all around the image which isnt perfect black. This frame is utterly useless (it wont prevent the image to be loaded) feel free to remove. Do not crop the picture!
Anyway if you have time to work to remove such frame on each pictures, we'll rebuilt a clean .pak file and propose it!

About the transparency handling Throku mention, unless the whole 2D render engine is rewritten, it won't use alpha channel of "modern" images. The API are too old.
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Postby NekoYuki » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:36 pm

how's the work gonig? i still can't get mine runnong or even to give a debug file
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Revx_Z » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:59 pm

massive27 wrote:Revx_Z, I tested you new pic : indeed there is less holes within the naga shape, but could you also get rid of the borders ? there is a 1 pixel thick "frame" all around the image which isnt perfect black. This frame is utterly useless (it wont prevent the image to be loaded) feel free to remove. Do not crop the picture!
Anyway if you have time to work to remove such frame on each pictures, we'll rebuilt a clean .pak file and propose it!

Done! Here's a set of fixed body files. I did a few tweaks in addition to removing frames.

Changelog:
Spoiler: show
body.GIF (pale human) Outer dark-grey frame removed. Noticed that black background was actually color #010101 rather than true black. Attempts to change it to #000000 resulted in reversion to #010101.
body1.GIF (pale human) Same as above.
Body2.GIF (light brown human) Outer dark-brown frame removed. Black background here was true black.
Body3.GIF (pale human) Same as body.GIF
Body4.GIF (eyebrowed light brown human) Same as Body2.GIF
Body5.GIF (light brown human) Same as Body2.GIF
body6.GIF (light brown human) Same as Body2.GIF
body7.GIF (blue human) Outer blue frame removed. Black background here was true black.
body8.GIF (orange-ish human) Outer red-brown frame removed.
body9.GIF (green human)
body10.GIF (naga) Outer green frame removed. Disconnected green blob at lower right removed, black internal dots touched up to black-green to avoid naga looking like it had bullet holes everywhere, black-green dots added to outline in various places. Instead of looking ragged due to stippled border, naga now looks cartoonish due to black outline. Still an improvement.
There was no body file numbered 11.
body12.gif (succubus) Outer red frame removed. Noticed that black background was #010101 here too. Found several internal black areas which may have been intended as gaps between wing and arm. Single black pixels that would have become transparent were converted to black-red. Some larger clusters of black pixels expanded slightly to compensate.
body13.gif (angel) Outer brown frame removed. Painted over a single disconnected black pixel.
body14.gif (purple-white striped human with mop of hair) Outer grey frame removed.
Attachments
fixed_bodies.rar
(111.54 KiB) Downloaded 600 times
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NekoYuki » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:51 pm

At some point i hope someone repalces the green-0naga skin with a normal one. or giving it as another option.
Also Revx_Z, what're the chances of the ability ot change naga-tails/pussyhair for players being codable?
NekoYuki
???

Postby Revx_Z » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:32 pm

Well, recoloring the naga isn't all that hard... :P

bluetone_naga.GIF
bluetone_naga.GIF (10.17 KiB) Viewed 11016 times

The hard part is selective recoloring. Here, I just applied a blue filter to the whole thing. You'd want to split out the skin, the green scales, and the brown scales to get their own tones.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NekoYuki » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:34 pm

i was meaning the scales and human skin, buti see. also ice naga pretty...
NekoYuki
???

Postby Revx_Z » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:46 pm

What hues/colors do you want where? "human skin" is a bit vague.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NekoYuki » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:56 pm

well you know like the naga class is pink on her upper torso and Green below. though personally i always liked silver for naga scales~

Kinda like this one i commisionmed before

NekoYuki
???

Postby Isorom » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:55 pm

I do not know if I am doing this wrong but whenever I try to launch the game with MPQExtractor contents extracted the game just crashes. However if I just just launch the game without the other content extracted it works fine, just no sound.

Can anyone help me?
Am I supposed to do something speacial?

P.S.The OS is Windows 7
Isorom
New to the forum

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:21 am

I'm trying to find out how to modify or add some extra sentences to the eating text during combat such as the struggle and digestion lines, is it possible to do this from the MPQExtractor?
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby poldenski » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:40 pm

Can someone help me i tried to play the game but when ever i die i restart at the first saved file i made even though i deleted it it keeps respawning me there and any files a make of other save points dont work
poldenski
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Duamutef's Dimension