VRPG Source Code?

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

Re: VRPG Source Code?

Postby Nibor » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:46 pm

When you save, you have to close the game Immediately, or your save won't count. I know, it sucks, but that's why there's an autosave. It saves whenever you go to a new area, and it saves where you were right before.
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby poldenski » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:09 pm

thanks
poldenski
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nibor » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:00 am

yw
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby Revx_Z » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:13 am

Huh, could have sworn I posted this ages ago, but apparently not.

NekoYuki, here's a naga in the brown-and-silver scheme you posted, also I adjusted the skin color to match better.
silver_naga.gif
silver_naga.gif (9.69 KiB) Viewed 12710 times
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby massive27 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:54 pm

Isorom wrote:I do not know if I am doing this wrong but whenever I try to launch the game with MPQExtractor contents extracted the game just crashes. However if I just just launch the game without the other content extracted it works fine, just no sound.

Can anyone help me?
Am I supposed to do something speacial?

P.S.The OS is Windows 7

Hi,
First you're not supposed to use MPQExtractor. in fact, the cleaner is your game folder, the better (you need only the data.pak and main game exe file, actually)
Second, no sound ? sure ? either the game should crash at some point, or wrong sound card used, or check you audio mixer level...
Don't get fooled, I'm the croc in my avatar >)
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Postby massive27 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Psycho_wolvesbane wrote:I'm trying to find out how to modify or add some extra sentences to the eating text during combat such as the struggle and digestion lines, is it possible to do this from the MPQExtractor?

Hi,

if you're talking about the various sentences "in yellow", nope, those arent available within the data out of MPQExtractor. They are within the game source code. Luckily for you, I can change the game (hey, that's what the thread is about ! ) , so, just tell me which new sentence you want!

[edit] dear me... i'm helping some people but forgot the others...
Happy new year everyone and thanks for your great support while i'm fiddling with the source code. I'll go back to work on it during april.
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Postby Revx_Z » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:53 am

Feature request for april:
Currently the minimap uses one color for items lying on the ground, another color for gold and monsters. I think gold should be colored like items, not like monsters, the color-groups make more sense that way. Is this practical?

Happy new year and happy easter and whatnot. Man, how fast time passes...
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NekoYuki » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:01 pm

yeah. in general the minimap could use some upgrading. infact i'd suggest making it smaller, but more zoomed in, and only showign the immediate area, if that's possible
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby massive27 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:06 pm

Minimap is weird, I have an hard time to find out where the monsters get the red color along with the gold.
As for improvement, the zooming in may be quite easy but ugly (bigger pixels, that's all it is about)
Wait n see !
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Postby Revx_Z » Thu May 09, 2013 2:54 am

The end game screen mentions a lot of gold after defeating Thirsha. But now that the game can continue after defeating Thirsha, I don't seem to get suddenly rich. Is there any way to get that gold? Force Thirsha to drop it (I don't know how the loot-drop code works for monsters) or complete a quest?
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby massive27 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:01 pm

I'll look into that.

Damn I want to do too much things at the same time :?
"A little of everything is better than a big nothing" they say, but it's so darn slow ^^

- Duam's messy code starts getting on my nerve, I really want to redo the whole game kernel. With a network capability for future multiplayer
- I also want to redo an setup, a full setup as the one for win7, including the modded exe and the graphic update (yours, Revx_Z), maybe also the thorku Mod

I'll stitch a new modded game exe (removing all the funky debug feature...). It wont include any new requested feature, no time for that right now :/
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Postby Throku » Mon May 13, 2013 6:14 pm

Well if you start over there should be room to include more fun stuff and I'd be willing to go back to work on more contents.

The followups that I had hoped for like Space Odyssey seems to have died. And this is a decade old game, most people have one hell of a time getting it to run, if they manage at all, not something that makes me want to toss my efforts into it, if you know what I mean.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby forumlurker » Tue May 14, 2013 10:40 am

Would be great news Throku, as I loved your previous additions.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NekoYuki » Tue May 14, 2013 3:21 pm

massive27 wrote:I'll look into that.

"A little of everything is better than a big nothing" they say, but it's so darn slow ^^

- Duam's messy code starts getting on my nerve, I really want to redo the whole game kernel. With a network capability for future multiplayer
- I also want to redo an setup, a full setup as the one for win7, including the modded exe and the graphic update (yours, Revx_Z), maybe also the thorku Mod

I'll stitch a new modded game exe (removing all the funky debug feature...). It wont include any new requested feature, no time for that right now :/

Well massive you've done a lot for us all on ekas concerning this thing. let me know if you need any help, i'm not fantastic at coding, beyond basic XML trial-and-error editing, but iwlling ot learn. if you plan to do any convo-rewrites i'm very happy to help there~
NekoYuki
???

Postby WHTB » Wed May 15, 2013 11:56 am

massive27 wrote:I'll look into that.

I hate to be the snobby "my language is better than your language" programmer, but if you're going to rewrite most of it, have you considered doing it in a different language?

VB6 is a compatibility nightmare, it's not supported by MS anymore, and its syntax is kind of gross (personal opinion on that last one). :[
WHTB
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby massive27 » Sat May 18, 2013 5:23 am

WHTB i'm fully aware of that. My problem is that I'm only skilled with VB6 and PHP, and I dont really want to learn .net or c++ which are either dll nightmare or declarations nightmare. Or java for compatibility purpose could be a great choice - since the game is not a computing-power-whore anyway.

Let's says I rewrite the game in a new language, i'll need a code buddy ! (and a better place than this forum!)

NekoYuki, altough idk how you could help, i'll keep in mind to use the XML format instead of the "hard coded" textfile used by duam - cleaner and evolutive.
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Postby massive27 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:26 am

Ok, here is the latest game file, modded edition.

- I removed the debug.log generator, and the file should be "heady9 compatible"
- now when you kill Thirsha and continue, you'll get some gold (directly in the gold counter, it's the easier). The amount depends on your level when you kill Thirsha. (Revx_Z)
- I also slighly revamped the "Mod" menu, the cheating options separated to avoid fscking your gameplay.

I'll now do a full installer, including original game file, win7 fix, modded game file and a couple of thing like the body update gif.
Oh, and probably a new thread to explain what are the feature of the modded game file exe :P
Attachments
VRPG2_2013-05-23.zip
mod
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 786 times
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Postby NekoYuki » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:47 am

heya, just checking in on updates. any progress with the code?

Oh massive, also noticed an number of questions ofr your launcher asking if it's compatable with Windows h8
NekoYuki
???

Postby htonoj » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:34 am

I think that problem has been fixed already. A Lot of problems have been fixed. You suddenly come here saying "oh Duam gave ME the code, so now talk to me before coding changes." That train left a long time ago.
htonoj
Been posting for a bit

Postby htonoj » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:45 am

Also if you had read the first page in this thread, you would of got that Duam left his code on the yahoo groups so anyone could use it! And this thread is built off of that code.
htonoj
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Duamutef's Dimension