The VRPG

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

The VRPG

Postby The Dracomancer » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Hey guys. I went away for awhile and didn't bring my computer. I got back and booted up the VRPG (or tried) and got the error message

"Run-time error '7':
Out of memory

I restarted my computer and got the same message.

This is where it gets wierd. I ran the uninstall program and then deleted the remaining files. I even deleted the VRPG Installer. I downloaded the installer from Duamutef's site, created a new file in Program Files and ran the game again. SAME MESSAGE. It's so frustrating... can anyone help? I'd love to play this fantastic game again!
The Dracomancer
Been posting for a bit

Re: The VRPG

Postby Throku » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:19 am

Updates to the programs VRPG uses to run has made the game un-playable. You need a fairly old computer with old versions of windows and what not to play it :/
What's worse is that the great man that gave us the game has disappeared and by many is assumed dead. :( It's been over a year now without anyone having heard a word from him.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby massive27 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:03 am

We've found workaround to play that game over new comps and so on. Just browse this forum.

For your 7 out of memory trouble, can you tell me exactly when it happens ? Straight at launching the game, or after starting a new game from main menu, or .... etc.
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Postby The Dracomancer » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:22 pm

After I have installed the game to "Program Files" and extracted the graphic files, I run the EXVRPG program and the "Out of memory" message appears.
The Dracomancer
Been posting for a bit

Postby massive27 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:13 pm

No need to extract the graphic files, anyway that won't change your error message.
Could you please delete the little bass.dll file in the game directory and see if you get the same error, or a new one, when running ExVRPG ?

You can also try installing an upgrade of the runtime :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... 718C7E381D
and see if the error is still here.
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Postby The Dracomancer » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:54 pm

I deleted the file and got the same message. I'm downloading the file you suggested now, but where do I install it to?
Program Files inside DGVRPG?
The Dracomancer
Been posting for a bit

Postby massive27 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:58 pm

This file is a setup, put it wherever you want and run it. It will ask for a temp folder. Again leave it wherever it want. Then, the setup will automatically add some files into windows directory.
When it's done, you shouldn't have to reboot, just go trying again ExVRPG, see if you still have the error message.

Could you tell me more about your computer configuration ? (windows version, graphic board, available memory for both windows and graphic board, and how old is the comp)
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Postby The Dracomancer » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:36 pm

Windows Xp, over 100 Gigs of memory left, and about 2 years old. It didn't work, so im going to try to reboot and run it again.
The Dracomancer
Been posting for a bit

Postby massive27 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Ok. Well it gonna takes a lot of time to make it work on your comp if those trick aren't enough.
The best way is, for me, trying to get the same error message. I could use some tools to figure out what is scr*wing around, fix it, then tells you how.
Sadly on all the comps availabe to me, it never happens ^^;

I've plenty of ideas where that error message could came from. The question is : will you be okay to check out step by step what i'll tell you to, or will you give up anytime soon ? heh...
in a nutshell : game file check, antivirus check, firewall, process monitoring, device drivers, motherboard components driver, background loaded software like third-party pager or downloader (or even spyware!), hardware check.

I'm pretty sure it is something simple, the "7" error in visual basic program usually came from a flawed component (i.e a file of the game, or a dll; ocx, file that is corrupted).
massive27
Somewhat familiar

Return to Duamutef's Dimension