Anyone know where Duamutef disappeared to?

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

Re: Anyone know where Duamutef disappeared to?

Postby Winny » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:39 am

I think its nice that everyone is worrying its proof that the community as a whole cares about him, as we all do for all artists and writers here, mutual respect between all is shown with this thread.

I uhm just thought that should be said ^.^;
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Wolfsage » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:18 am

I think i saw him with a pretty girl, they vanished around a corner and when i caught up i could only see the girl :D
The Sage Wolf of the forest.
Wolfsage
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby temporos » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:08 am

Yin/Yang wrote:I think i saw him with a pretty girl, they vanished around a corner and when i caught up i could only see the girl :D

Wait, what?! 8O I thought I put Dua on her whitelist... *shuffles through a thick, stapled stack of papers* Oh... Uh... :oops: Okay, I'll just go this way now.

Exit, stage left! >.>
템포로스
temporos
Participator

Postby Aleph-Null » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:38 am

I don't think action or inaction will change anything.

So long as the content here doesn't sprawl into other threads I don't see how this is hurting anything.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Sehnsucht » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:40 am

Absolutely. If I were to come back after a hiatus and find half the posts in this thread, I'd be chuffed to bits.

<Section complimenting Duamutef's work>

<Section speculating as to where he might be, including hypothetical situations involving his having been eaten!>
Sehnsucht
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Lithalya » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:40 am

Happy Holidays and New Year, Duam. :( Wherever you may be!
Lithalya
Participator

Postby Revx_Z » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:53 pm

I dreamt about Duamutef last night.

Or rather, I dreamt that I was playing a beta 3D version of DGVRPG (WarCraft 3 style graphics), and my character was being eaten by a kari so I could see the distortions, when suddenly Duamutef's head appeared on the kari. I asked him where he had gotten to and what he was doing (the game just paused), but I don't remember the answer. On the one hand, it probably was just a dream and I couldn't get an answer from him because I didn't know, but I wonder if it might also have been a sending or vision of some sort and I know it subconsciously but I just can't remember while I'm awake.

Now I wonder if he's working on a 3D version of the game, which would really be awesome, but maybe he doesn't want to tell us and raise false hopes if the project might fail and everyone would be disappointed.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby John » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:57 pm

Sometimes I wonder, do people really care about the artist themselves and their well being or is it a concern for fact they are no longer producing the art/materials they like. Just idle musings.
John
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:19 pm

I think that would all depend on the relationship with the artist.

Duamutef is a rather social person most of the time and as such I assume people do care about his well being. That is to say people think of him as a person not just a contributor of art.

But for some artists I think you're right that people only care about access to their work.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Lithalya » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:23 pm

Fans care about work because they either haven't taken the time, or are too shy, to actually talk to the creator. Friends, however, care more about the person. No matter what category you fall into, though, wishing someone well, for whatever reason, is never a bad thing. :)
Lithalya
Participator

Postby Baz » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm

I do hope he's OK...
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Postby ArcaneScholar » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:03 am

John wrote:Sometimes I wonder, do people really care about the artist themselves and their well being or is it a concern for fact they are no longer producing the art/materials they like. Just idle musings.

As for myself, I can sincerely tell each and every one of you that I have never met, spoken to, or chatted with Duamutef. I have also never favorited any of his works (which are all quite good, don't get me wrong), nor have I added him to my watchlist. I will not pretend to know him, and I will not pretend that I'm not worried.

If what has been said in this thread previously is true, about this absence being gravely out of character, then I fear for Duamutef's well-being. I know how stressful life can become, and I have my own suspicions on his whereabouts that tell me he's made a very short drop in a little pine box. I hope dearly that these suspicions are incorrect, but if they are, then I'd like to show some respect for the departed and say this:

Duamutef, whatever your real name is, you will be sorely missed by a community that respects you and holds you in the highest regard. May you find peace.
ArcaneScholar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Amberain » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:35 pm

This might be a silly question, but has anyone tried emailing him? There's a link at the bottom of his webpage for his email address, but I wanted to check with you all to see if anyone else had tried it already.
Amberain
Somewhat familiar

Postby Lamnia » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:17 am

If you go to his own website, and look on his own forum, he has not replied to it or anything since September. Something may have happened around that time.

For someone who continually produced it is unusual for him to be silent.
If he was gone I wonder who is paying for hosting of his site.
My photo morphs was learned from his tutorial on his site.
He is not only creative, but shares a lot.

Personally I will mis his in site if he does not return.

(Myself I am coming less and less to this site.
Seems some personality differences between me and the admins, I recall no direct reason.
Maybe something also happened to him. Stuff happens we will learn I am sure.)
Lamnia
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:35 am

I believe Brad Repko had said Duamutef has not returned e-mails.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby temporos » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:24 am

Lamnia wrote:Maybe something also happened to him. Stuff happens we will learn I am sure.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but if something did happen to him (which we don't know for sure), there is a very high probability that we will never know about it. I'm not trying to be an ass or insensitive, but rather level-headed and logical about it.
템포로스
temporos
Participator

Postby ArcaneScholar » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 am

temporos wrote:
Lamnia wrote:Maybe something also happened to him. Stuff happens we will learn I am sure.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but if something did happen to him (which we don't know for sure), there is a very high probability that we will never know about it. I'm not trying to be an ass or insensitive, but rather level-headed and logical about it.

And that's exactly what I've been saying. I think we should just give him the respect he's due, whether he be living or deceased, and leave it at that. That's what I'd want, if I were dead.
ArcaneScholar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Voreforever » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:30 am

I stay sane when he's away by looking at his website.

http://sdcga.com/~duam9/
Voreforever
Participator

Postby X » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:57 am

This fellow has a point. Duam has mysteriously disappeared. Unless he just took a vacation, we may not hear from him for a very long time if ever again.

Now, if that's the case, his website and artwork may not be around forever. My best advice? Smash and grab. Download and save all of his artwork, writing, and games you like NOW, or you may not get another chance. Nothing wrong with buying the last of a possibly soon to be gone product.

That being said, I should get cracking on that.
I get it write.
X
Participator

Postby empatheticapathy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:59 pm

John wrote:Sometimes I wonder, do people really care about the artist themselves and their well being or is it a concern for fact they are no longer producing the art/materials they like. Just idle musings.

Can't it be both?
empatheticapathy
---

PreviousNext

Return to Duamutef's Dimension