Spell Card Troubleshooting - Help if you can

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

Spell Card Troubleshooting - Help if you can

Postby Silhouette » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:10 am

Hey. I'm trying to, essentially, make a spell card that allows you to choose one of your cards, and have it swallow a random enemy. I'm running into alot of troubles when actually making the action, however, due to target allocation. Does anyone think they can help?
Silhouette
Participator

Re: Spell Card Troubleshooting - Help if you can

Postby clone4000 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:29 am

I've mucked about with something similar as a character ability the first thing that comes to mind is to have it target something which only a character would have say an hp greater than zero and see how that goes.

Or try copying a swallow target card (say power overwhelming) and seeing if you can bodge a characters swallow random enemy (say Jennifer's random tongue thing )over the current target prerequisites.
clone4000
Somewhat familiar

Postby Silhouette » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:56 am

I thought about that, but the problem is that the Power Overwhelming uses the Card Owner rather than the Target card. The reason is because the Spell card is considered to be the current card, so things like "SETMYTRAIT" are applied to it. "SETTARGET" are applied to whatever it's targeting. That being said, I'm trying to pin down making the target card swallow a random enemy. I am just unsure how to do it.
Silhouette
Participator

Postby clone4000 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:51 am

Complete edit on this one sorry for any confusion

Okay to get it to work on one of your cards of your choosing I'd try adding a trait which is then removed by a second action.
For example down the throat adds a trait that becomes active in phase 3 causing a card that meets the prerequisites to be swallowed. what if you then add an extra line of code removing the trait after phase 3 which should result in a random enemy swallowed by a card of your choosing without and it only happening once.
Sorry for not mentioning this before it seems i didn't read your question propperly.
I'm just going to test this one out i'll let you know if i have any luck
clone4000
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ridankalous » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:53 pm

It sounds like you want to add an action to the target. To do this, use the command ADDEFFECT:(trigger for the action):(target of the action). As the trigger, I'd reccomend PHASE4, since that's when vore usually happens. The target should be RANDOMENEMY. Since you want this to only happen once, add TRAIT:BONUSACTION:1 into the script - and yes, the 1 is necessary. So, the opening of your script should like something like this:

ADDEFFECT:PHASE4:RANDOMENEMY:TRAIT:BONUSACTION:1:

This script should give the target an action that triggers during phase 4, targets a random enemy, and goes away at the end of the turn.

Hope that helps.
"And after all of my alibis desert me/ I just wanna get by, don't want nothing to hurt me."
-Reliant K, Consequences
Ridankalous
Somewhat familiar

Return to Duamutef's Dimension