Cartovore 2 Expansions/Cards ideas

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

Cartovore 2 Expansions/Cards ideas

Postby Snorlaxkid » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:28 pm

I noticed that no one had posted one of these. X3 So I will. Basically, I want people to come here to post the cards and/or ideas for cards and expansion packs for cartovore 2 here. :3
I'll start with one of the expansions I've already come up with.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my expansion idea is still incomplete! 8O :oops:
My first idea:

Expansion: Gene Splicers

Description: Basically, it's mainly made up of cards that affect the allignment/racial status of other cards. It also introduces Lycan status. :3 You can guess what that means...

Cards for this expansion I've come up with:

Monstrous Transformation

Type: Effect Spell

Cost to play: 5 mana

Duration: 10

Effect: As long as this card is in play all "girls" and "demonesses" are considered monsters when played.

Use: Girls and demonesses are effected by gene cards. :3

Rarity: 1 in 100 to get it from a pack, 1 in 2000 to get it premium from a box

Lycan blood:

Type: Gene

Cost to play: 8 monsters

Charges: 5

Effect: Gives girls Lycan status, causing them to become werewolves. :3

Usage: (see next card)

Rarity: 1 in 50 to get it from a pack, 1 in 500 to get it premium from a box

Full Moon:

Type: Spell

Cost to play: Free

Duration: 1 turn, instantaneous

Effect: All cards with Lycan status permanently become Werewolves.

Usage: Mass Werewolf summon for free!

Rarity: Same as Lycan blood (I think I'll call it common for easier typing)

Werewolf:

Type: Monster

Alignment: None

Neutral

Cost: 10 mana, 10 monsters (from hand)

Stats: Monster gen: +1 Strength:10 Health:100 Armor: 1 Voracity 70

Description: Werewolves are normal girls, transformed by the fullmoon into mindless beasts. Werewolves hunt better in packs and gain +1 strength for every other werewolf on the field.

Usage: OVERKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ancient Forgotten Spell

Type: Spell

Duration: 1 turn, instantaneous

Cost: 3 mana, 1 monster

Effect: Summons a Catboy. (yes you read that right)

Description on card: Hmmm... Wonder what it does...

Rarity: Common

Usage: Catboys

Catboy

Type: Monster

Cost: 3 monsters

Alignment: Any tribe, kind

Stats: +2 heart gen, +2 monster gen, 0 strength, 0 armor, 50 health, 100 voracity

Description: Due to the effect of an ancient spell this ex-catgirl has been transformed into what is now known as a catboy. Oddly Enough, the catgirl in question doesn't seem to mind the change and doesn't plan on changing back. Catboys use their *ahem* "assets" to distract enemies, but rarely do any real damage. A catboy has a 50% chance to stun any enemy, and a 10% chance to devour any stunned character, whether they are friend or foe.

Usage: Stun and gun... err... stun and eat. XD

And that's all I got right now. Anyone else have any ideas?

Note: I can't figure out how to use the card editor, but that doesn't matter to me. ^^; However if you use any of these ideas in a REAL expansion... >.> Would I get credit for the original idea?
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Cartovore 2 Expansions/Cards ideas

Postby Revx_Z » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:40 pm

I'm not sure adding types that way works. The first few ideas are interesting, but I think the catboy is a no-no in Ishara. (It's also overpowered.) And I'm quite sure rarity doesn't work that way. IIRC, it's a single number from 0 to 99 indicating the chance that the game will pick another card if it randomly picks this card.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Snorlaxkid » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:58 pm

Revx_Z wrote:I'm not sure adding types that way works. The first few ideas are interesting, but I think the catboy is a no-no in Ishara. (It's also overpowered.) And I'm quite sure rarity doesn't work that way. IIRC, it's a single number from 0 to 99 indicating the chance that the game will pick another card if it randomly picks this card.

:lol: Rarity translates rather easily... And the "Catboy" isn't really a guy at all... Its just a spell. (read its description) Plus, I've seen stronger in the game already. :P
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Halcyon » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:19 pm

I actually made a little set of cards. I got pictures of Rupees from The Legend of Zelda off the internet off the internet, and the cards are like this: Each one is a gem, and they go up in price, rarity, effect, and limited-ness as you go up in cards. It starts with a Green, and ends with Silver :lol:

I've managed to amuse myself with them. As a bonus, the silver rupee, if played, doubles the tokenbonus for the enemy :D
Halcyon
???

Postby Snorlaxkid » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:24 pm

Halcyon wrote:I actually made a little set of cards. I got pictures of Rupees from The Legend of Zelda off the internet off the internet, and the cards are like this: Each one is a gem, and they go up in price, rarity, effect, and limited-ness as you go up in cards. It starts with a Green, and ends with Silver :lol:

I've managed to amuse myself with them. As a bonus, the silver rupee, if played, doubles the tokenbonus for the enemy :D

And then a Rupee-Like could be played, and it gains strength depending on how rupees are in play. XD
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Duamutef's Dimension