Am I doing something wrong?

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

Am I doing something wrong?

Postby Shadow_Fox » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:47 pm

just picked up this game again since I was bored and seemed like a good idea. I'm in the first area right when you leave the home city, the one with kari and giant frogs and vines. I'm playing an enchantress and I just can't help feel that either combat is terribly broken or I'm doing something wrong because even at full health and full stamina it seems like I get swallowed way too easily. I'm level 5 and using a staff

Also, do aura of dexterity and aura of strength stack, or am I wasting mana by casting both at the same time?
Just imagine that I said something clever
Shadow_Fox
Participator

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

Postby Voreavon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:22 pm

Get a bow
Yours Lord Voreavon.
Voreavon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Adramalech » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:37 pm

Get a bow

Always worked for me.

One thing I didn't realize until later on was the Exhaustion Meter at the bottom, that yellow thing. The more the bar is depleted the more likely it is that the monster will attempt to eat you. You need to remember to pause a bit and let it restore, especially after taking on several monsters. Everything drains it, from casting spells to attacking.
Adramalech
???

Postby Halcyon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:44 pm

You can play DVRPG?

LUCKY!
Halcyon
???

Postby Adramalech » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:19 pm

Halcyon wrote:You can play DVRPG?

LUCKY!

It doesn't work on your computer Halcyon?
Adramalech
???

Postby Pegadygor » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Bow or ranged attacks worked well for me, or if you have the money, hiring a mercenary. They're not that bad actually. Well, were not when I played it.

Or, in the worst case, over-level by using the cheatcodes.
Pegadygor
Absent-minded glitter-dragon
Absent-minded glitter-dragon

Postby Shadow_Fox » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:06 pm

My yellow bar is usually at least 3/4 full if not more which is why I'm wondering why I'm getting eaten so much D:
Shadow_Fox
Participator

Postby Adramalech » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:31 pm

My yellow bar is usually at least 3/4 full if not more which is why I'm wondering why I'm getting eaten so much D:

1) Sometimes we're just unlucky like that
2) It is a vore game you know :gulp:
3) Stop being so tasty >.>
Adramalech
???

Postby Shadow_Fox » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:53 pm

I can't help that I'm Delicious!
Shadow_Fox
Participator

Postby Saiai » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:14 pm

I'm having a problem running VRPG, anyone know anything about DMC2.ocx? I get this error right after I've rebooted windows after installing the game.

This DMC2 thing... it's tricky. Trickier than rocking a rhyme, on time. But seriously, does anyone know what I should do?
Saiai
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:17 am

Wait, how did you guys use ranged weapons? I could only shoot straight up, same with spells,
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Bitter » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:27 am

If memory serves (and memory is all I've got-- Vista can't run DGVRPG), you can trigger spells through the keyboard, but you have to aim them with the mouse. Try holding the mouse over what you want to aim at, then casting. Same for ranged weapons.
Bitter
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Shadow_Fox » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:15 am

I cast spells at things by right clicking on things
Shadow_Fox
Participator

Postby Aleph-Null » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:37 am

you say "just picked up this game again " I don't know if that means you played through or not, but the enchantress is rather weak physically. starting out I would suggest that you weaken enemies with either a bow or spells before closing to attempt to eat them for the extra skills. Stay close to the fountains so you can Regen health/stamina or at least be quick to run back to recharge. so long as there is a fountain on a map you can basically spam spells.

If you still have a lot of trouble I would suggest playing a different class. Valkyrie was the first I tried, I thought it was pretty easy to play yet still had some magic to spice things up. I tend to find the amazon boring. The Valkyrie's armor bonus in addition to defense skills make her near unkillable on the easy setting and very survivable on harder settings.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Duamutef » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:13 pm

Auras do stack. Staffs are not terribly good offensive weapons; if you have a staff you should be attacking with spells. Each weapon type has a unique ability, and in the case of staffs, it's blocking. But their damage sucks donkey dong unless you pimp them out with runes and gems. As a caster, your best bet would be a bow, a sword, a dagger, or a mace if you can handle one. (Daggers are light, whereas swords have a reduction in the amount of stamina they cost to attack with. Maces don't have this reduction, but they have the advantage of being both offensive and defensive weapons--they have good damage and also have a chance of stunning your foes. They are on the heavy side, however.) The best choice of weapon isn't necessarily the same in VRPG as it would be in a normal RPG. Amazons often do best with daggers, for example. Enchantresses can become terrifying at higher levels while using a staff, but that's because they get so many enchantments and they regenerate. At low levels, a staff is basically just a shield--you use it for it's blocking ability, not as a weapon.
Step into my world, and maybe one of it's denizens...
http://www.sdcga.com/~duam9/
Duamutef
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Duamutef's Dimension