VRPG Modifications: Who has done some and who wants to?

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

Re:

Postby Revx_Z » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:28 pm

Regarding the original topic that we've rather diverged from now, I've spotted a few bugs in the Conversations.txt:
1) Jeritia has no TEACH9V4 branch. The pointer to it leads back to main.
2) Traveller in Skinbane has a comma instead of a slash in the file, which cuts off ingame.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Erecant » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:59 pm

oh thanks for catching that, I'll upload a replacement with those corrections before long
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Throku » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:02 am

Warning warning! Installing this will fuck up your game monumentally, so please don't. It's my missmatch of modified files as far as I've managed to screw them up thus far, for something workable and playable you'll have to wait. Or go to the VRPG-group and download the old mod.

Apparently I was just over the filesize limit, so try this:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9S22OLZG
Throku
May I take your order?

Re:

Postby Revx_Z » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:39 am

Erecant wrote:oh thanks for catching that, I'll upload a replacement with those corrections before long

Here are some more.

Jeritia lacks another Teach, not sure which one but I still get thrown back to main menu mid-digestion.
Jeritia wasn't quite fixed and can still give lesson 1 repeatedly if you pick the right options.
This goes ditto for Traveler, who quite probably isn't supposed to be able to give you a skill again and again every time you talk to her in the same town. I strongly suggest using SAYONCE, GIVEQUEST and IFQUEST to have every GIVESKILL option happen only once and thereafter be replaced with a dummy. (I'd fix it myself but I'm writing my fanfic for NaNoWriMo.)
Person in Wormgut shows reward message about mana potion enhancement on screen instead of in dialog box after you beat Gargmaw.
Traveller in Allia has a blank pointer from VICTORY due to misspelling of Edurance (Endurance) or lack of # in GIVESKILL. (Both may be problematic, not sure which one was the main bug as I fixed both in mine.)
Minor typo: "abaorbing" for "absorbing" in Traveler7.
I only noticed the above while perusing it very, very carefully because Traveler7 refused to show up in the Forest Glade when I returned, despite having been there when I was there for the Jewelling Kit. Boo. Hiss. Ended up overloading Traveler2.
Traveler7 also has #NAME instead of $NAME at one point.

Finally: WTF at Therese !!?? Is Fire Mountain supposed to be a deathtrap? She hits for 2500 damage or thereabouts.
She's also an utterly moronic XP farm if you stand on the other side of lava from her and shoot her 300 000 hitpoints until she dies, earning 3500 XP a shot.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Throku » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:25 pm

Revx_Z wrote:Finally: WTF at Therese !!?? Is Fire Mountain supposed to be a deathtrap? She hits for 2500 damage or thereabouts.
She's also an utterly moronic XP farm if you stand on the other side of lava from her and shoot her 300 000 hitpoints until she dies, earning 3500 XP a shot.

Well yeah, Fire Mountain was only added because I found the name in the VRPGData.txt, or if it was firegut Mountain, I don't remember, so most things there...sorry...ALL things there are meaningless as of now :P and Therese was just a fun little char that I threw in there. Please do say "hi" to her.
And yeah the lava thing is a problem :( Enough of one to remove her, I know...that or grant her the ability to shoot back :D
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Revx_Z » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Throku wrote:Warning warning! Installing this will fuck up your game monumentally, so please don't. It's my missmatch of modified files as far as I've managed to screw them up thus far, for something workable and playable you'll have to wait. Or go to the VRPG-group and download the old mod.

Apparently I was just over the filesize limit, so try this:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9S22OLZG

Hahahaha, I just read the Conversations.txt and laughed hard at Jenny Jo. To save people downloading, I'm reposting the hilarious snippet, which is apparently ported from the card game:

#CONVERSATION, Jenny Jo
#BRANCH, MAIN
#IMAGE, portrait-jennyjo1.jpg
#TEXT,
#CHOICE, (More), WORM

#BRANCH, COOL
#IMAGE, portrait-jennyjo1.jpg
#SAY, Hey/ I wanna try a cool thing! Just wais a sec...
#CHOICE, (Wait a sec/ or two.), COOL2

#BRANCH, COOL2
#IMAGE, portrait-jennyjo01.jpg
#TEXT, She moves around until she's more or less standing on her knees and shoulders with her ass up in the air as she looks back up at you with her head on the ground.
#CHOICE, (More), COOL3

#BRANCH, COOL3
#SAY, Now put your finger in my mouth...
#CHOICE, (Put a finger into her mouth.), COOL4

#BRANCH, COOL4
#TEXT, As soon as you do she sucks on it something fierce and your finger dissapear into her throat followed by the rest of your hand and then arm/ folowed by the rest of you. She slurps you in so fast it's almost a blur/ a blur acompanied by a wet sound coming from her gut and hardly have your toes dissapeared in between her lips before her anus opens and out comes the tightly packed turd that you've become at such a speed that lands several meters away.
#CHOICE, (More), #DIGESTTO:COOL4:8

(somewhat unfinished, but oh well)
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Throku » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:45 pm

Thanks ;)
I just couldn't pass up Jenny Jo when I saw her in the cartomancer, there are pictures with that snippet too, though I haven't modified them yet to fit with the game. I think that's the last bit I've written, have been trying to get the maps in functional shape as of late, instead of writing more conversations.

Am I right if I'm guessing that the Jenny Jo card is a Duamutef card?
Throku
May I take your order?

Re:

Postby Duamutef » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:20 pm

It would appear that that is one of mine, yes.
Step into my world, and maybe one of it's denizens...
http://www.sdcga.com/~duam9/
Duamutef
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Firon » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:47 pm

hmmmmmm....I wonder if we are going to see more upgrades like we've been having sometime.......all this additional content makes the game so much more fun and exciting
Firon
---

Postby Maxi77 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:38 pm

I would like to see more types of monsters in this type around, particularrly the Dragons and Leviathans and of eastern and western type, and perhaps something new like a dragon or dragonness-taurs. :P Heck I would love to see the hero get vored but this dragonesses... as dragontaurs or as shown...below
Maxi77
Been posting for a bit

Re: VRPG Modifications: Who has done some and who wants to?

Postby Mach10chocobo » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:27 pm

Any more modifications to this?
Mach10chocobo
New to the forum

Postby BradRepko » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:20 pm

Wow, I just read Throku's latest update to his VRPG expansion project, and all I can say is wow! I have always been a fan of his work, and although I'd prefer a longer, more drawn out digestion sequence, I truly enjoy pretty much all the writing he's done not only for VRPG, but for writing.com and his own stories too. Throku's is a name I've come to respect and appreciate over the years, much as Duamutef's. Of course, Throku's status as the top ranked player on Amanda's short lived space exploration/vore MMO game and that he used to be the number one poster on the Portal here back in the early days have only helped in shaping him as one of the more respected authorities of vore in my mind. I'd love to see any progress he's made to the conversations since then, and I also thoroghly enjoyed Erecant's version too. I hope both of you continue your works and would like it if anyone else with modified VRPG game text and edits would share there's too, as that would be great.
Fraaz, Master of Icy Fire

"Nooooooooooooo! The Demon King is going to run around in MY body? BLECH! That's too disgusting for words!"

My Interactives:
My Life As a Teenage Voraphile
Catering to Hungry Girls
Down the Hatch: Out the Egress
BradRepko
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Re:

Postby Aces » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Duamutef wrote:Well, the good news is I finally broke ground on the MMF version of VRPG 2 today. I basically decided to make it basically a cleaner and better version of the old one, partially because there is interest in mods and my other ideas would be impossible to mod (not to mention take ten times as long to make).

The bad news is I don't have as much freedom in writing scripting languages; I have to format them more carefully and this places some restrictions on them. Among other things, this means the old files will not be compatible.

The good news is they're still text, so there's nothing stopping me from writing converters that will change the old files into the new ones. The new files will be pickier, but not harder per se. (The restrictions have actually forced me to make cleaner and more straightforward command structures)

Some things will inevitably change too much to be compatible; for example, while random maps will be possible, it will be impossible to generate the same maps that the old ones did.

A lot of the gameplay will be different too, but in good ways. (You won't just be spamming the same spell forever while you chug potions with your other hand.)

Hmm... Any additions to the swallowing and digesting animations? Right now it goes like this as far as I know.

Three sprites, one enemy. Enemy eats player, player is drawn into the same spot as the enemy and the enemy is stuck in the 'attack' sprite, then it switches to the 'full' sprite as the meal digests.

Dunno if you're already doing this, but it'd be nice to see at least 4-5 sprites total. :3
1: Idle
2: Attack
3: Swallowing
4: Full
5: Full part 2, or the intestines
6: MAYBE one final pre-expulsion sprite, right before they dump. XD

These are just my ideas. I'd do it myself, but alas, I'm good at HTML and CSS, not at java or other game programming. Heck, I've traded art for building websites lately though. So far the deal is working nicely for me.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:22 am

I don`t know anything about coding, scripting or anything of this, but I can give you some moral support.

Did a new VRPG come out or did I misread the forum?
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Mach10chocobo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:49 pm

BradRepko wrote:Wow, I just read Throku's latest update to his VRPG expansion project

haven't seen any new posts from him in a while on that :P, but yeah, I love it too :)
Mach10chocobo
New to the forum

Postby Aleph-Null » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:48 pm

no a new VRPG did not come out, these are mods to DGVRPG.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rhyasa » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:12 am

Aleph-Null wrote:no a new VRPG did not come out, these are mods to DGVRPG.

But it'd be about time >_>
Image ImageImage
FTW Quotes:
CanisLupisVulpe wrote:Wow, furries still RP here? I thought it was all about girls and big boobs.
Surge wrote:Oh boy! More RPGmaker! We don't have nearly enough of those. :D
Rhyasa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bright » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:43 pm

I`ve been kinda living under a rock, so would anyone tell me a little about mods and how they work?
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Ack » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:32 am

I've got a question to all the programers out there, ehat does run time error 9 mean, subscript out of
range? Great game though!
Ack
New to the forum

Postby Throku » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:20 am

Thanks a lot Brad and Mach! ;)

I've been idle writing just anything for a while now, mostly because I switched computer again and have the old "Vista = total crap" problem, so nothing runs on my new computer. (I couldn't even install my old Office package properly!) Maybe I'll get windows 7 when the release comes, I've heard companies are already getting it with their computers and you can emulate XP in it, so old stuff should have a decent chance of working. *Hopes*
Throku
May I take your order?

PreviousNext

Return to Duamutef's Dimension