VRPG Modifications: Who has done some and who wants to?

Duamutef's fans goes here!

Moderator: Duamutef

Re: VRPG Modifications: Who has done some and who wants to?

Postby Rein1 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:37 pm

ok iv been playing this w/ the mod on like pg 2 and i cant find something how do you get to demontome? i ready about it in the coversations but i cant find it ingame ._.
Rein1
Somewhat familiar

Postby Erecant » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:29 pm

In the area around Skinbane, the volcanic regions, there should be an area title''d demon's pass or some like term. It is on the way to Allia. you'll have to scour that region rather thoroughly, but it's there. Good luck.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rein1 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:09 pm

yeah found it but in the thing it said there were demonesses you could talk to were be they? all if ound was a ocmplicated maze and a tomb for the book and +1 demon summoning
Rein1
Somewhat familiar

Postby Erecant » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:27 am

hmm well, with the demoness you mention I seem to recall I mod I had made now. Umm that was a rathewr unworkable bit that I had later scrapped, however in the available version she was meant to be found in wormgut. I hope that this helps in some way. Mind you, I've removed that bit of the demon tome from my personal copy some time ago for problems with functionality, so you may need to finagle a few things ot see all of the content.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Throku » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:05 pm

Hmm I figured that I should probably upload my old workable mod from....september...2004... :P

And bring this thread up, seeing as massive27 seems to be bringing the game back to life:

http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=30441
Attachments
Throkuchanges2.zip
Don't forget to add the files to the data.pak file
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 837 times
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Revx_Z » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:53 pm

How does that interact with massive's mod? Can I run both at once, or will the mods try to overwrite overlapping files?
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vizix » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:52 pm

Throku wrote:Hmm I figured that I should probably upload my old workable mod from....september...2004... :P

And bring this thread up, seeing as massive27 seems to be bringing the game back to life:

What is in your mods? What is the new content, just out of curiosity?
Vizix
Participator

Postby Throku » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Revx_Z wrote:How does that interact with massive's mod? Can I run both at once, or will the mods try to overwrite overlapping files?

Massive's mod as far as I know is engine oriented, making the darn game actually work, mine is just extra content as is Erecant's. Meaning a bit more graphics and characters and conversation. I think there's an exctra map in there as well, though I don't remamber if it is in this mod...the unfinished one had a few new maps. Either way it's just contents. Meaning you need to open up the data.pak file and add the files in the zip into it (unpack it first :P). No subfolders or anything else funky in the data.pak.

Hmm... I used to use WinMPQ to open the .pak, but it seems Vista doesn't want to run that old program either...perhaps there's a newer version or something out there that'll do the trick?

lolcp123 wrote:What is in your mods? What is the new content, just out of curiosity?

Mostly just new conversation, I don't recall what was in the first one, but the second one has all the content of the first one, so it doesn't really matter. Basically I expanded a lot of the original conversations and gave many of the girls in the game who just had a one liner greeting phrase some real conversation.
And added Fire Mountain, the name was already in the game and you can get there from Skinbane only, it's sortof a quest reward, though you can't really do anthing there as I never got around to putting in the quests and whatnot I had in mind (all inhabitants are hostile and only a few will have a word first.), not even in the pile of loose content that was the third mod I was working on. It was really there I started adding characters for real and quests and maps and whatnot, but well a quest has to see all aspects of it compleated for it to work :P There was a lot of things like that...that didn't work...like a 12 or so maps large city, with like 20 people in it :P

Erecant added a few characters, most notably the adventurer that goes questing alongside you and whom you run into repeatedly.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Throku » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I thought this was pretty important seeing as how I suspect that my computer is not the only one that no longer runs the WinMPQ program and thus the ability to change the contents of the Data.pak file.

I found this program called "MPQ Editor", that looks like it will do the trick, I managed to open the .pak file at lest. (Had to click the .pak file though and search for the program, opening the program and from there trying to open a packed file didn't seem to work, at least not the first time.)
http://zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Akyana » Wed May 30, 2012 6:43 pm

Has anyone figured out how to register DMC2.ocx on vista? I've been trying to and it just doesn't work. I've tried multiple times using different techniques and it just not working.
Akyana
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Wed May 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Getting DGVRPG to work on vista/7 is a pain. The following two threads should help you out.

http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=31218
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby bigFurry7 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:24 am

I've been playing this game and I was notice that there is a bit of broken images within the game (mostly the opacity of some images are set to be transparent). Is there was a way to edit or replace the sprite images without the game re-writing the image database?

:?: :?: :?: :?:
bigFurry7
Been posting for a bit

Postby Throku » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:33 am

bigFurry7 wrote:I've been playing this game and I was notice that there is a bit of broken images within the game (mostly the opacity of some images are set to be transparent). Is there was a way to edit or replace the sprite images without the game re-writing the image database?

:?: :?: :?: :?:

Unfortunately you have to replace the images in the data.pak. The transparency is a tad buggy though, I think it was the pixel in the upper left corner that determines what colour is transparency for the image in question, but even so you often enough see a frame around the image which should be impossible since the frame is in the outermost edge of the image.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Midir » Thu May 02, 2013 12:29 am

Well uhm almost a year has passed since the last post.... But what I want to say here - I just played this game. Yes, I am very slow, isn't it?

And what I wanna say is...well...this thing is awesome. I mean, it's most likely the best vore game I have ever seen~

Thank you.

I wish we could work on the project further but I'm not IT, nor am I an artist so I guess I am sort of rather useless here...
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Erecant » Thu May 02, 2013 3:50 am

To be perfectly plain, you don't need to be an IT wizard, nor an artist to contribute to the community. As Throku and I have done, conversation branches are extremely simple to change and add, and after a bit of familiarization, exceptionally user friendly. I taught myself how to mod conversations merely by reading the source files.

As for content, you can simply write new conversations as you see fit, and apply them to various npc's, or as I did at first, change or add to existing conversation paths to make them fit your own tastes more closely.

Don't be afraid to tinker! Make a copy of the original Conversations.txt file in case you somehow really bork up the game (idk how you even could without deleting everything altogether or messing with the intro.), then just hammer away at things until you feel comfortable enough with the rather awkward syntax needed. It's actually kinda cathartic, even now, years and years after iitially finding this game, I'll still go back from time to time and write up a new character and conversation to goof off with for a while, and old npc's I made in aeon's bygone are like old friends now, to revisit (and let's not forget to meet an untimely end in said friend's belly)
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Midir » Thu May 02, 2013 4:28 am

Conversations...

Yes of course I could work on that but I think they are good enough...already...since maybe the download link included your files as well :)

Actually, I would be interested in trying to change the vore process / vore RP part - make it more complex...and gameplay itself... But from what I read from the Duam's site - the code is rather a mess so I really doubt I would manage to do it on my own. But yes - I will take a look at least!
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Erecant » Thu May 02, 2013 6:40 am

Hmm, well there's another thread about here, I think the source code thread, where there's an active effort at actually changing pieces of the hard coded game. You may be interested in joining in the dialogues there. Best of luck!
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:10 pm

I've made several modifications, mostly for new NPCs, and I figured out how to implement the :IFSAID part of the conversation, to initiate extra conversation options if a certain NPC said this or that, and I've made it to where almost every NPC will eat the character, even the NPCs in the character's home town.

I've also made NPC's appear in other areas, such as the Jungle of Pain, Groundmaw, outside Thirsha's Lair, Demongut Temple, and I've even placed a monster within the limits of a town (Allia).

I've also figured out how to initiate NPC fights, and have either damage done, or dropped gold depending on stats.

I have even made it to where an NPC can do massive damage to the character, and then go and feed monsters if I'm not really looking for anything more than some erotica.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Erecant » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:52 pm

Sounds good, amy. Would you mind sharing? I've got my own mods, I think they've been posted somewhere around here. A few changes have been made, if anybody is interested I can re-up, though I think I've only added one or two conversation branches, and tweaked/broken some things for ease of use.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:22 am

Erecant wrote:Sounds good, amy. Would you mind sharing? I've got my own mods, I think they've been posted somewhere around here. A few changes have been made, if anybody is interested I can re-up, though I think I've only added one or two conversation branches, and tweaked/broken some things for ease of use.

Well what I had done (I unfortunately do not have access to these files because they're on a different hard drive with missing or corrupted system files [WINDOWS SYSTEM FILES]) was I had made a set of NPCs called 'Hero Hunters'. They each were placed in various areas, and their goal is to stop the Hero at all costs.

Aurelia-City of Angels
Rianna-Allia
Zalin (Zay-lehn)-Skinbane
Jessica-Jungle of Pain
Delia-Blackscourge
Samalia-Demongut Temple
Veronica-The Leader-outside of Thirsha's Lair (where you need the keys)

I also added a few NPCs, and had entered into play, where most NPCs are likely to eat the character, and I've also either edited the dialog entries, or expanded them.

I added a new monster, named her Alice, and placed her in Allia. I made her to be a monster that quickly digests the character.

I'll also add that for most changes, you need to start a new game before you'll see any effect. The only exception is for dialog changes, in which just save, and resume play.

I tried to make a penalty spin round, but it didn't work too well. It was for Zalin's quiz if you blew it.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

PreviousNext

Return to Duamutef's Dimension