HTML being glitchy, need some help please

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

HTML being glitchy, need some help please

Postby Archmage_Bael » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Having some issues that are confusing.

I know the code I am using, making:

<table border="4"><br>
<tr><br>
<td><br>
<center>

<p style="font-family:arial;color:gold;font-size:16px;">Creatures<br><br>

Then all my content. followed by the closing tags. Pictures can be seen here:

https://i.imgur.com/zfMqWFt.png
https://i.imgur.com/cTDAmOY.png
https://i.imgur.com/5lDGmhV.png

However, as you can see, there's a segment at the bottom that is in RED, which should mean there are errors, right? Like the site is having trouble computing what the problem is...because on the page itself, the profile shows the code working exactly as intended, but the OCD in me is trying to f igure out why its red, and how in the world I can get rid of it...

any help?
Archmage_Bael
Been posting for a bit

Re: HTML being glitchy, need some help please

Postby Eka » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:08 pm

First, Just because the output look fine doesn't mean your code is perfectly fine. Maybe you missed a comma somewhere, a quote somewhere, a closing bracket? short an indent? Forgot to close a tag? Whatever. The point is without your actual cod all paced it is hard to tell.

Second, the red text simply an indication that something isn't formatted 100% correctly. HTML has a strong toleration on malformated code and often time doesn't require 100% correct.

Third, "Like the site is having trouble computing what the problem is" is not correct. The site doesn't have problem computing anything, the profile body is just a simple code display, it doesn't really compute anything and the output isn't replying on the html being correct.

You can simply try remove one tag at a time and narrow it down to the cause of the red tag itself.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Archmage_Bael » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:21 pm

Thanks, I'm doing that slowly but surely. Should I make more detailed pictures? I wish I could extend the text box for the code a little more.
:)
Archmage_Bael
Been posting for a bit

Postby Archmage_Bael » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:03 pm

So I've found some of the problems out were just as you said: I had a </td> misplaced, and the <br> tags were unnecessary.

I now have one remaining issue which is the </div> tag in my buttons section. I have a <p style> tag for font and what not, and the first </div> closing tag that follows the </p> closing tag is always red, but the three </div> after that are always blue.

I'm trying to figure out where the issue is. When I remove the <p style> tag, all my </div> closing tags are blue, but for some reason adding the <p style> tag always creates that red </div>.

(bear with me here, I beg you lol)
Example:

<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px">
<div class="quotetitle">
<input type="button" value="troubleshooting"
style="color:blue;width:180px;font-size:15px;margin:0px;padding:0px;"
onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '')
{ this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerText = '';
this.value = 'I have your cake'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')
[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerText = ''; this.value = 'troubleshooting'; }" />
</div>

<div class="quotecontent">
<div style="display: none;">

<table border="4"><br>
<tr><br>
<td>
<center><p style="font-family:arial;color:gold;font-size:16px;"> blah <br><br>

I have your pi.

<br></p></center>
</td></tr><br>
</table>

</div>

</div>

</div>

If someone else has a more efficient button code, lemme know. Would be ever so grateful. Also, I know that the <th> and <td> tags can be used to create table header (automatically bold) and table data, but I haven't gotten around to changing that yet.
Archmage_Bael
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rumor » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:31 pm

This is a bit of frankensteining different button coding people have given me over the years, followed by me cleaning it up a great deal. It's not up to HTML5 standards, AFAIK, but my HTML5 class never covered button coding and it wasn't required for that certificate. So... shrug.

So, in the body of your profile, use this...

Code: Select all

<div style="margin-top:5px">
<button onclick="$($(this).parent().children()[1]).toggle('Blind');">
  BUTTON NAME HERE
</button>
<div style="display: none;">

CONTENT HERE

</div></div>

And then under Style Sheet, use this. #000 makes the button text black and, therefore, easily readable.

Code: Select all

button
{
  color: #000;
}

Clean, efficient, and you actually can change the color of the button text too. You can see an example of it, and me toying with other coding a while back, such as images that scale to window size, right here. Ignore the middle two buttons (Button1 and Button 2), those don't work right.

Also, as neat as the Eka's HTML editing support is, I recommend doing by-hand HTML coding in something like Notepad++
Rumor
Somewhat familiar

Return to Our chat room