Do You Care About the Sex of Your Roleplay Partner?

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Do You Care About the Sex of Your Roleplay Partner?

Postby oldspice1212 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:53 pm

Is it weird that I care about the sex of the person I'm roleplaying with? I'm male, and usually roleplay as a pred and only really like female prey. Part of me knows I shouldn't really care, but I really prefer if my roleplay partner is female IRL, and I'm not sure if that is weird or not. So, I wanted to gauge the opinions of others here. Do any of you care about your RP partner's IRL sex? If so, why? If not, why not?
oldspice1212
New to the forum

Re: Do You Care About the Sex of Your Roleplay Partner?

Postby FanficFetishist » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:57 am

Not really. If they can play the character well, then I don't care whether or not they're male or female IRL. It's not likely I'm gonna see their real face anyway unless we become best friends, right?
FanficFetishist
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ShadesofBlack » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:15 am

Yeah same, really don't care. Of course, I'm also bi irl, though I lean pretty heavily sapphic. If you do, and you're okay saying it's a wonky preference on your end, I guess I won't judge aside from that I would worry about that coming off a bit potentially creeper-ish.

But please for the love of goddess don't wait until halfway through a roleplay and then start asking your rp partner what's in their pants irl. Or for that matter feel that you are entitled to answers to such questions at all. Lots of folks here like our privacy.
-Shades
ShadesofBlack
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby oldspice1212 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:53 am

ShadesofBlack wrote:Yeah same, really don't care. Of course, I'm also bi irl, though I lean pretty heavily sapphic. If you do, and you're okay saying it's a wonky preference on your end, I guess I won't judge aside from that I would worry about that coming off a bit potentially creeper-ish.

But please for the love of goddess don't wait until halfway through a roleplay and then start asking your rp partner what's in their pants irl. Or for that matter feel that you are entitled to answers to such questions at all. Lots of folks here like our privacy.

Yeah, I think it's because I do feel like I'm having sex in a way with my RP partner. In a fair number of my RP's me and my partner share with each other things the other does that really turns us on, and even when each of us climax (note: this is a mutual agreement, I'm not asking this of them unprompted partway through). I'm not totally sure, but I think part of it is that I really enjoy the thought that my RP'ing really turns on whoever is on the other side, and being exclusively straight, perhaps it makes me uncomfortable thinking that it might be another guy on the other end.

And yeah, I'm not going to be forcing anyone to disclose anything they don't want to disclose, and definitely not going to ask what's between their legs IRL halfway through an RP. I'm fully aware and respectful of all of my RP partners' boundaries.
oldspice1212
New to the forum

Postby coop500 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:34 am

No I don't care about player gender, just character gender (to a degree)
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Gendor » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:53 am

While it doesn't exactly get brought up the sex of the person is often easy (if not obvious) to see, and I am heavy in favor of people of the opposite gender playing characters of the opposite gender. I can't really get into the roleplay the same way with a guy, so to me it isn't weird that you're picky, it's obvious for me.
Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
Gendor
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tyslan03 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:17 am

It's the internet. The girls are dudes, the dudes are dudes, and the children are FBI agents.

I don't care either way as long as the smut is good.
Tyslan03
Participator

Postby sweetladyamy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Tyslan03 wrote:It's the internet. The girls are dudes, the dudes are dudes, and the children are FBI agents.

Excuse me while I lmfao over this insane and so 2006 ideology.
(okay, I'll definitely give some credit to the children being agents of the state bit, because there's a lot of truth to that, though there are times when it is a circus of actors and all for a VERY vicarious audience...)

Tyslan03 wrote:I don't care either way as long as the smut is good.

This I can agree with, to a point.

I will say this. It's easier to tell those that are 'male' or 'female' on the extreme ends of the spectrum by examining their dialect. That said, it's not cut and dry, and never truly has ever been, especially if the individual you're talking to is excellent in linguistics and avoids Slanglish and/or Purposefully Broken English. Also, any given individual's dialect will change over time, so despite this being the internet, the whole 'everyone's a dude and the kiddos are agents of the state' bit ultimately has some merit, but it doesn't actually work as a general rule of thumb.

Anyway, when I RP with someone, if I'm RPing in a place with visible avatars, I do have a preference for seeing something pretty, and I never do RPs with masculine characters so...but in Real Life, it's not going to matter a whole lot because of my take on this...

Amyrakunejo wrote:...it is still just text on a screen, for fuck sake...

I won't get heavily into this, but text on a screen < talking in person/interacting in person. Of course, this is in general, and there are probably a lot of things I wouldn't necessarily talk about in person unless I trusted that individual, but to me, I'd take hearing their voice and being hugged over just text on a screen any given day or night.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Rumor » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:34 pm

I tend not to care about my RP partner's Real Life™ sex/gender, so long as they're not linking me to their real world dating website profile after a session or two. ...yes, that actually happened. It was weird and creepy.

Either way, it really more depends on if the character and their play style matches my preferences and we can get along. After all, even if they told me their sex/gender, they could be lying and I'll most likely never know anyway.
Rumor
Somewhat familiar

Postby AlluringPredation » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:03 pm

I only roleplay with a woman, because I'm married to that woman.
Last edited by AlluringPredation on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discord for artists and those who commission them! https://discord.com/invite/F3UDqqAx53
AlluringPredation
Participator

Postby bcdjcvsjhvjh » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:13 pm

deleted
Last edited by bcdjcvsjhvjh on Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcdjcvsjhvjh
Somewhat familiar

Postby KnightleyPaine » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:53 am

Same. I find active discomfort. I understand there are people that don't care.

What I do not appreciate is when people seem to think that they don't care implies I shouldn't, but that's another story.

When it comes to preferences, it is as relevant as either party finds it relevant. If neither end has opinions on digestion, it's not that relevant. If one party likes/dislikes digestion strongly, it's relevant now. If you find it relevant, it is relevant. You make it relevant.

However, you also need to remember that this is your choice. If you don't find a suitable partner due to whatever limiting factor you carry, that is not the problem of anyone but yourself. Also, since I personally ask due to the personal discomfort, I respect it if people feel discomfort from someone who 'needs' to know, which also seems like a pretty fair principle.
KnightleyPaine
Participator

Postby Squatchin » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:04 am

I only care about the gender of the character, not the person behind it. I myself have played both genders and herms at times. You just gotta keep your mind focused on the content of the RP, not outside of it.
My "Seeking RP Partner" Thread: https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=55001

Lets RP!
Discord: tarajon.
Squatchin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Greedyy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:13 am

nodgree wrote:I only care about the gender of the character, not the person behind it. I myself have played both genders and herms at times. You just gotta keep your mind focused on the content of the RP, not outside of it.

Well said! Even though I usually stick to my gender, I don't mind my rp-partner to play as something different.
Greedyy
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:52 am

KnightleyPaine wrote:Same. I find active discomfort. I understand there are people that don't care.

What I do not appreciate is when people seem to think that they don't care implies I shouldn't, but that's another story.

When it comes to preferences, it is as relevant as either party finds it relevant. If neither end has opinions on digestion, it's not that relevant. If one party likes/dislikes digestion strongly, it's relevant now. If you find it relevant, it is relevant. You make it relevant.

However, you also need to remember that this is your choice. If you don't find a suitable partner due to whatever limiting factor you carry, that is not the problem of anyone but yourself. Also, since I personally ask due to the personal discomfort, I respect it if people feel discomfort from someone who 'needs' to know, which also seems like a pretty fair principle.

The issue is 9 times out of 10 it's a dude who has to have a female and always has to be creepy about it/wanting more than just a simple RP
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby whiskey » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:04 pm

I'll say this; I'm female IRL and always go by male in any sort of sexual RP, kink forum, whatever. Not saying all guys are like this, but the vast majority of those I've interacted with are into getting eaten by busty giantesses, and sexualize female characters in a way I'm not comfortable with. Those who insist on playing with irl females have been especially creepy. Having a male persona makes it a lot more comfortable and easy to find nice RP partners who won't attempt to stalk you or ask about your irl sex life. Like, this isn't internet dating or some sort of cam girl scenario. I don't want to know anything about you outside the RP, nor should you want to know anything about me. Even if I really get along with someone here, there's no way in hell I'm giving them outside contact info. We're just two strangers on the internet who want to get off to a weird ass kink.
whiskey
New to the forum

Postby clampaste » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:16 pm

whiskey wrote:I'll say this; I'm female IRL and always go by male in any sort of sexual RP, kink forum, whatever. Not saying all guys are like this, but the vast majority of those I've interacted with are into getting eaten by busty giantesses, and sexualize female characters in a way I'm not comfortable with. Those who insist on playing with irl females have been especially creepy. Having a male persona makes it a lot more comfortable and easy to find nice RP partners who won't attempt to stalk you or ask about your irl sex life. Like, this isn't internet dating or some sort of cam girl scenario. I don't want to know anything about you outside the RP, nor should you want to know anything about me. Even if I really get along with someone here, there's no way in hell I'm giving them outside contact info. We're just two strangers on the internet who want to get off to a weird ass kink.

To add onto this, I'm a panexual male irl and have gone by a female persona plenty of times just to try something new. My partner can be any gender they want, as long as they don't pry about mine.

Also, definitely got a lot more creepy messages when I posted as a female, lmao
clampaste
New to the forum

Postby Ghrelin » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:18 pm

Honestly 9 times outta 10 I find it creepy if someone says they care what the gender of the other RPer is, with the only exception being people who do roleplay as themselves. But when your partner is playing a character, caring about their IRL gender gives the impression that you're projecting your sexual fantasies onto the player rather than the story/character. Simply put, I am not my character, so I'd be really put off if someone wanted me to confirm my IRL gender before playing. Likewise, I don't ask that of my prospective partners, either.

I guess you could make the point that some people aren't as good at playing another gender in a believable way, but the same could be said for anything else that didn't reflect that person's IRL experience. At least from what I can tell, that's more about their skill as a writer than their gender.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby oldspice1212 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:39 pm

whiskey wrote:I'll say this; I'm female IRL and always go by male in any sort of sexual RP, kink forum, whatever. Not saying all guys are like this, but the vast majority of those I've interacted with are into getting eaten by busty giantesses, and sexualize female characters in a way I'm not comfortable with. Those who insist on playing with irl females have been especially creepy. Having a male persona makes it a lot more comfortable and easy to find nice RP partners who won't attempt to stalk you or ask about your irl sex life. Like, this isn't internet dating or some sort of cam girl scenario. I don't want to know anything about you outside the RP, nor should you want to know anything about me. Even if I really get along with someone here, there's no way in hell I'm giving them outside contact info. We're just two strangers on the internet who want to get off to a weird ass kink.

Yeah, no, that's creepy. I'm not going to request stuff outside of a RP, and *definitely* not try to obtain IRL info. I definitely can understand where you're coming from, because if people were doing that to me I'd be really weirded out.
oldspice1212
New to the forum

Postby Darjus » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:02 am

I know this is the internet, the place where everyone wants to be as anonymous as possible, but still I don't understand all the fuss about knowing real life gender of others. Roleplaying is sexual playing, and it is only logic that straight people would prefer to play with opposite sex straight people, exactly like omo people would prefer to play with same sex omo people. This is not about the quality of the play per se, exactly like in real life it wouldn't be about the quality of the making out per se, but it depends by personal inclination only. I'll add more: it's in human nature to develop a bond with people you spend time with, in person or not, especially if it's intimate time, so curiosity about them is all too natural. Revealing personal information is just a personal choice, but it looks like there is a taboo in doing it here, even if it's very unlikely to meet live. Is there something I don't know? Has someone been stalked in real life by a member of this community?
"Some people are worth melting for". Olaf, Frozen
Darjus
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Our chat room