Should i make HTML5/CSS3 Templates for others to use?

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 12

Postby Nightmare49 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:27 pm

As someone who is going into the web field, i know how to code and after seeing how much control that i get for my pages in the RP domain. I just wanted to make a great profile of my own for my RR_Rosalina character from my fanfiction series. So i did and you can check out RR_Rosalina! Yes i made that all in two days. But the thing is i was introduced to this RP Profiles through a new online friend and that made me want to make one. But my Web Designer self didn't want to make it so the text and images just sat that and that's why i made what i did. Using CSS i override the standard setting and replaced the slider with my own custom ones. And yes my Profile in the future will be !00% responsive. Meaning that you can view it on Mobile or a tablet without loading a mobile version of the page.

Now i want to tell you all why this is related to the poll. Because i am working on two others profile and account page respectively. Custom designs. So that got me thinking. What if i made a few templates of HTML5/CSS3 and let others download them and use them? Would you want them? Would you use them?

Now i know a lot of people would be like, "YES PLEASE!" or "Can you make a custom one for me?" to "No thanks." and Even "Don't force this on us." So to be clear this will not be forced on you all. I will just make two different starter templates. One for a profile that only holds one character and another that is for two characters. Each one the two would have three different color themes that you can apply to customize them. Perhaps if enough people want even more i can make even more templates. Again these would be just for those who want one. I will not force you and this is just an offer. And you can customize the templates if you want as well.

So what are your thoughts?
Nightmare49
Been posting for a bit

Re: Should i make HTML5/CSS3 Templates for others to use?

Postby Shmendrich » Sun May 21, 2017 2:33 am

I believe some people would use them if they looked cool, but your sample profile looks quite basic, and I do not think a lot of people would use that. If you make them more appealing then maybe yeah....But even so, I believe it would have to be a decent number of options, otherwise bunch of people having the same 2-3 styles... X) old totally miss the point
Shmendrich
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nightmare49 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:39 am

Shmendrich wrote:I believe some people would use them if they looked cool, but your sample profile looks quite basic, and I do not think a lot of people would use that. If you make them more appealing then maybe yeah....But even so, I believe it would have to be a decent number of options, otherwise bunch of people having the same 2-3 styles... X) old totally miss the point

Ah well i like my design and i do see your point. For right now it'd be about two designs with three different colors, now i could make a Paralax style. Those look cool. And everyone has their own kid of cool. In your opinion what is cool?
Nightmare49
Been posting for a bit

Postby AnalagousSam » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:52 pm

*dons nitpicking critic glasses*

While I certainly agree with the lack of accessible character templates, that page leaves a lot to be desired regarding readability, including the mishmash of unneccessarily large font sizes, and a lack of discernable padding or visual hierarchy between any of its elements. The incredibly scaled up sliders are completely antithetical to their purpose of quickly and simply conveying your preferences. What could be accomplished with the line "Pred-leaning hyper seeks non-fatal OV/AV/UB/BV with unwilling human prey" is instead stretched out to a solid seven pages of scrolling. I suppose it's a valuable example by sheer virtue of not merely being a black background with white text, but I'm a firm proponent of the "less is more" school of thought.

Forgive me if I'm overly critical, just sharing my thoughts.
AnalagousSam
Been posting for a bit

Return to Our chat room