Chat Room Recommendations

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Chat Room Recommendations

Postby Eyefull » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:13 am

The search didn't turn up anything for a thread like this, and it seems that most threads here have been inactive for a long time, so I thought this should be ok.

After having been shared multiple OCs that were set up in the chat room here, I'm interested in joining in on the fun. However, outside of character design, I'm not entirely sure what to expect. How would you describe participating in the chat room to one who hasn't been in it? And do you have and tips or recommendations for someone who was looking to start? For some background, I'm a relatively new user that has lurked around a long time and that I'm not a stranger to RPs, vore or otherwise. The RP's I have done were through the Seeking Partner thread.
Sin it to win it!
Eyefull
Participator

Re: Chat Room Recommendations

Postby iorn » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:28 am

Just say Hi and be polite, also you should ask before you jump into a scene. For example: If someone is role-playing with someone else and you want to role-play with both of them just send them a quick wispier and ask if it's okay...
And be careful what you do in character and never voice your opinion on anything if it's even remotely negative. People have a tendency to hold grudges, Not everyone, but a lot.

Also most of the people there do grab and gulps so if you're looking for something more story oriented then the chatroom isn't that good of a place to go. But if you're looking for something to pass the time and meet some new people who share your interests then it's a wonderful place.
I'm working on a project. go here
Non-vore viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48674
Vore viewtopic.php?f=38&t=49197
iorn
Participator

Postby chechico » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:12 am

Remember. Have at least a profile. When you make a new character the text

A newly created character which needs a profile.A character description is needed here or it just looks silly!

Is the only thing that appears in yours wich sends the message of the character not being a character wich may put off people from playing with you. The chat also includes preference bars is preferably for you to fill them as that may give people an idea of what you're into and/or looking for

About Grab and glps VS story that'd depend on the room. But you can always put a note on your profile stating that you're looking for something story focused that may help you find people lookign for story focused RPs

Don't be afraid to say hi but don't be discouraged if people don't turn around to say hello to you specifically (even if they do to other people) it takes a while for peeps to get used to a new face

And most importantly have fun ♥
chechico
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rendezvore » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:33 am

Before doing anything else, design a profile. Even if it's just temporary. Change name color, text color, write at least a short description of the character, add a temp picture, and at least the most important preferences for that character. White name/White text will get you promptly ignored by most people. They don't know what you're into, so they can't even guess as to how you would react to.. say, a male character approach. So, it's great that you're doing some research before jumping into things.

Choose a Room
Out-of-Chat Room - (I will be as unbiased as possible here. >.>) Strictly for OOC chat. For random, geeky stuff and fetish talk and nothing else. No RP and no emote actions whatsoever. If you have a habit of typing emotes such as *hugs* or :hugs as simple greetings and such, I don't recommend this room. But If you can curb that emote itch, there are usually several people in there talking.

Vore Room - Combined OOC and RP room. Where most of us hang out, but it can be a little confusing at times. For random, geeky stuff and fetish talk while also having interspersed silly banter-style RP that may or may not turn into a scene. It's not always easy to tell if it will, but just pay attention to the overall mood during the banter. If you're not sure, ask the players of a scene if you can join in.

Roleplay Room - Strictly for RP. Any OOC should be used sparingly or through whispers. If you want someone to interact with your character directly, set your status flag to "Open" and give a short, easy-to-approach description for others and then type ((Open)) at the end of it. I also highly recommend being an open-minded player if you use this room.

Library - Whisper only. This is for if you don't want to be bothered or distracted by other chat while whispering with someone. This is also a good place to read a LOT of idle character profiles, find people who are LFRP, or leave a couple of your character profiles in LFRP mode while you are hanging out in another room.

(I don't recall ever seeing the Games Room used for anything. And the small private Motel rooms are obsolete as of the latest chat build because there are now hoverboxes that allow multiple players.)

Tips
DO NOT whisper someone who has Do Not Disturb status flag (Red circle w/ white dash). That is a surefire way to get on someone's ignore list.

Also, when you get a whisper, right click the whisper text and click Open Hoverbox. You can also set Auto Hoverbox under settings. This newest feature is a huge headache saver.

Eyecons are tiny rectangle images next to your name, usually of a character's eyes. Do not mistake Profile Small Image for the Eyecon images. Very common mistake.

iorn wrote:Also most of the people there do grab and gulps so if you're looking for something more story oriented then the chatroom isn't that good of a place to go.

Not to play out fully in the chat as much, but you can meet players and characters for a potential long-term story-oriented RP. Then that idea is usually taken over to Skype or Telegram or other IM service where it's a little easier to format detailed posts and not feel so rushed.
Rendezvore
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:09 am

Everyone is doing a pretty good job here, so that's good! I do want to say that don't feel preasured into using Skype or anything, I have been in Eka chat for years and never had to use Skype to get good scenes and not feel rushed, just relax and reply, usually the other person will be fine with pausing if you need to.

I will add in a few tips though from personal experience....

If you are playing a male character, you need to put extra effort into working to find partners, that's just a fact. Also when whispering someone, don't just say hello. Simple hellos from male characters is a sure fire way to get ignored by people who get a lot of approaches. I personally don't mind a hello but that's because I get one random whisper every few weeks or so.

Don't be stingy on detail, however make sure to keep need to know infomation up top so people don't have to read a mini story just to find out the basics of your character. Put backstory and such at the bottom so it is optional to read after they read the basic infomation. Unless you know code stuff, then you can put it behind buttons but don't ask me for that, I don't do well with that stuff.

In the roleplay room and vore room, it's also a simple fact that female characters get away with more then male, many don't mind this but just be wary that just because you saw someone else create a black hole in the Roleplay room and no one got after her, doesn't mean you can lol. Also if you play a male predator, be wary of the females, unless you are playing a switch then it doesn't matter. Some people may disagree with me on this, but I have first hand experience that this is a problem, not a big one but something to be aware of.

Be friendly and open when chatting with someone! No one wants to be maybe-ed to death by someone, if you get whispered by someone asking for a scene, be honest with them. Don't run them around the bush, getting their hopes up. It can be hard to say no, I know. I have a hard time saying no as well, but it is in the end better for everyone. But also don't be mean or rude, no one wants to be insulted either for their tastes and ideas, just a simple friendly no thank you will do. They may ask why, which can make you feel more guilty, people that do that generally are the annoying crowd anyway. You can do as you will there, but don't let them guilt you into doing something you don't want to do. And don't do the same for crying out loud.

Don't be afraid to give your own ideas! If the rolepaly seems to be kinda slow and you have a idea, ask your partner and see what they think, don't hold that creative energy in!

If you roleplayed with someone one day and you see them the next, don't be a pest, you can say hello, but sometimes people don't feel like continuing that scene the very next day, maybe they want to try something different today and will continue your scene the next day or something. Don't automatically assume they hate you or anything.

I'm forgetting stuff I know, but I think I said enough that people may disagree with lol.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Eyefull » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:21 am

coop500 wrote:In the roleplay room and vore room, it's also a simple fact that female characters get away with more then male, many don't mind this but just be wary that just because you saw someone else create a black hole in the Roleplay room and no one got after her, doesn't mean you can lol. Also if you play a male predator, be wary of the females, unless you are playing a switch then it doesn't matter. Some people may disagree with me on this, but I have first hand experience that this is a problem, not a big one but something to be aware of.

Mind being a bit more specific about dealing with females as a male pred? What is the problem you experienced? Otherwise, thanks to you and everyone else for the advice so far!
Sin it to win it!
Eyefull
Participator

Postby coop500 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:30 am

Well, I experienced that a good handful of them seem to like going after male predators or male predator lean switches for prey, preference ignoring basically, that or they like to steal potentional partners by snatching them up and eating them before you can react. I had it happen numerous times. But this is really only a issue in the roleplay room and sometimes the vore room. They don't do it over private whisper roleplays.
coop500
???

Postby coop500 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:32 am

Also the game room is sometimes used every once in a while, but it's not normal roleplay. It's kinda hard to explain and I don't know a lot about it... It seems to be like some form of EXP gaining vore adventure thing where your characters have stats that level up and you gain EXP by eating others. I could be wrong though, best thing to do is ask the people in there whenever there are some folks there. I do see them from time to time.
coop500
???

Postby Eyefull » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:44 pm

coop500 wrote:Well, I experienced that a good handful of them seem to like going after male predators or male predator lean switches for prey, preference ignoring basically, that or they like to steal potentional partners by snatching them up and eating them before you can react. I had it happen numerous times. But this is really only a issue in the roleplay room and sometimes the vore room. They don't do it over private whisper roleplays.

Wow. In Bird Person culture, we would call that a dick move. Thanks for the heads up. It's things like this that cause me to install fail safes in all my OCs in my head that I don't want digested (turning into smoke, turning into slime, etc.).
Sin it to win it!
Eyefull
Participator

Postby coop500 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:26 pm

Yeah that's what most people do, I usually just either ignore the person outright as if they were not there or whisper them OOC that I am not comfortable with it and will ignore them unless they correct it
coop500
???

Postby Rumor » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:51 am

First and foremost, play what you want, with who you want, and the types of scenes you want. Compromise is good, but don't lower your standards or get into plays you're not comfortable with just for the sake of getting a play. Also, do mind that the more narrow, specific, and/or niche your particular wants are, the harder it'll be to get a scene. So, try to be as flexible as you're willing to be without getting into areas that make you want to quit.

Also, be clear about what you want. Having notes about it on your profile helps, but not everyone will catch them. Most people go straight for the sliders since, well... no point in reading a profile of someone completely incompatible.

Also, be prepared for droughts if you do mostly/entirely private play. Sometimes, days or even weeks can go by without getting a scene or even much conversation. It sucks but... try not to get discouraged.

There are jerks on chat. Obvious, but you'll get people who are overly needy, annoying, forceful, demanding, rude, or what-have-you. I'll be blunt: these people aren't worth roleplaying with and are very likely to just use you to get their thrills and then dump you mid-scene.

And keep in mind there's no hard and set rules for approaching someone. Some people want some small talk before discussing a scene, some people want to get right to business, and some people want IC approaches that lead right into a play. Most people don't indicate such in their profile either, so... you'll kind of have to guess and go with what works for you.

Finally, don't rant or kink shame or anything like that on your profile. It can be tempting when you've had some bad scene(s) or stumble across some particular facet of vore roleplay you utterly despise but... just don't. People will go to your profile, see that, and then immediately bail out regardless of compatibility.
Rumor
Somewhat familiar

Return to Our chat room