RP-Partners leaving the chat after one post

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

RP-Partners leaving the chat after one post

Postby Zed » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:07 pm

Was wondering if this happens to others as well?

You start to set up a scene with somebody. They actually appear to be all hyped up about it and can't wait to start.

Then you start... they do write one post as well... and then they leave without a word.

After the first few times, you shrug it off. The person probably had to leave or had a change of heart about the scene.
After it happens more often, you start to wonder, if maybe it's the same person over and over again with alts.
And then... after it happens every second time when you start an RP you begin to doubt your own RP-skills. You read through your starting posts again and again, trying to figure out what's wrong... looking for spelling mistakes or see if they are too long, too short, too boring or if you're just taking too much time to respond...

Fact is, I don't get what's wrong. For me everything looks normal, as much as I can say that after ten years of RPing on a regular base. I usually try to set up the scene considering the (often rather lengthy) discussion about what we both want to include.

What's even more strange: Sometimes these characters become inactive right after you play with them, never coming online again with that character, so you have to wonder: Did you completely ruin their character for them with your set-up post? XD

This is a trend that has started about... four years ago I think. Before that it didn't happen... or at least not on such a regular base that I could remember it.

Anyone else knows about what I'm talking here?
Zed
New to the forum

Re: RP-Partners leaving the chat after one post

Postby Gelus » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:11 pm

I think people get scared away, not because of anything in particular but because they were insecure with their own RP ability in the first place, or they realize that they just don't want to play that chaacter, which is frustrating and kind of a 'I wish you'd realized that beforehand'. That's my guess at least. I've had it happen to me more than a few times.
Gelus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ShadesofBlack » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 pm

Gelus wrote:I think people get scared away, not because of anything in particular but because they were insecure with their own RP ability in the first place, or they realize that they just don't want to play that chaacter, which is frustrating and kind of a 'I wish you'd realized that beforehand'. That's my guess at least. I've had it happen to me more than a few times.

Or even "I wish you'd told me something before you just up and vanished, so I wouldn't have wasted hours waiting/looking for you to come back before trying to start a new story."

Yeah, I know this feeling. Back when I roleplayed here (god, I sound like an old lady) I ran into this a lot. Sometimes several story-set-ups in a row. I had one story idea that I called the player-killer, because by happenstance, every single person who started playing it with me would vanish and I'd never see them again. Had someone who was super interested in it and wanted to do it, and I told them I'd had a few people do that already and how it ended. They were like "Oh no, I'm gonna break the circle then, I'll finish the story." ... nope. Looking back, I don't think it reflected so much on my own skills, so much as having bad luck. And in some cases, likely clashing with the other person's actual playstyle, in a way that some people might have a hard time describing.

Thinking about it that way, and how the only couple times I ever had to break off a roleplay with someone they needed me to explain why to their satisfaction, if there's something just not doing it for someone and they can't explain why, maybe that's why they vanish.
-Shades
ShadesofBlack
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dune » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:58 pm

I've had a few times where a full scene had been set up before hand and we got to a point for starting the RP but then nothing...
Few days later found the same person posting on Seeking Partner for a similar scene to what we had set up. Pretty depressing really.
Really kills your drive to keep looking for RP :(
Dune
New to the forum

Postby Rendezvore » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:19 pm

Hmm... yeah. There's been a few times where an RP dies after only a few posts. More often than not, it's when a partner is intimidated by my story-based writing style. A few people have straight up told me they can't continue because they feel they can't match me.

The odd thing is, I don't ask anyone to match me? I try to make it very clear beforehand that I may write a few paragraphs, but short posts are fine as long as there is something for me to work with. I'm way more interested in the character interactions and the overall tone of the RP rather than their writing ability. I have even accepted low English speakers who still have really good ideas. I can encourage and reassure my partner, but there's nothing I can do when a person feels they aren't good enough for me or themselves. :?
Rendezvore
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nibor » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:39 pm

Well, I've never had to deal with this, thank goodness, but I see what everyone's getting at. If it ever happened to me, I'm sure I'd be upset, too. That's why, if I ever have to skip out early, I go the courteous route and tell the other person why I have to. Also, I don't just steal their idea like that one person did to you, Dune. By the way, that's really rotten and rude, I think.
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby LoneWolfEvil » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:42 pm

It happened to me a few times, makes me read my posts over and over again checking them for errors, thanks to that my posts have gone smaller >>; makes me feel like im getting worse or something sometimes <<
~°! Silly friendly Meal!°~
LoneWolfEvil
Been posting for a bit

Postby vore2412 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:48 am

Sometimes its hard when you tend to be the verbose sort to get a partner that's not so much so and its easy for them to feel intimidated. I started out lacking in verbosity but when I found verbose partners I began to improve my posts instead of leaving. Really depends I guess on why they left, people that aren't verbose shouldn't be intimidated though by long posts, just do their best to keep the scene going. I'm not a multiparagraph writer myself, but I do my best when I have a good verbose partner to make an effort to match theirs, if I have a less verbose one I try to scale it back a bit, include the important bits for the scene in short and sweet posts instead. I suppose that's all we can do.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jaxed » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:52 pm

I might just be spitting in the dark here, and it might just be my cynical nature, but I think one of the reasons people leave as soon as you get a scene set up is because all they are looking for is a quick fap, and once they have an idea to work off of, they no longer care about the person on the other side and just play with themselves with the idea in their head.
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to Our chat room