C4 Chat room feedback thread

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

C4 Chat room feedback thread

Postby Eka » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:58 pm

List of tentative todo:
1. URL implementation
-Trying to contains the URL has never worked well. Just automatically insert a [url] tag around it and shorten it down to the domain name should be the best solution.
-Possibly simply block the post entirely if we detect url in the post but it is not inside a [url][/url] tag.
2. Room list / user list
-We need a way for people to see who is online without opening a separate page. That workflow currently broke some mobile use completely, as some mobile browser, apple for example, does not allow background tab from accessing the web at all.
-User list needs a predictable order. Either time login (preferably), and order alphabetically (optionally)
3. Genders
-Male, female, herm, and unknown really isn't enough
-we will be adding "masculine herm" "Feminine herm" "Transgendered male" "Transgendered female" and "masculine female" aka "Shemale" and "feminine male" aka "cboy"
4. ant idle timer warning
-Give them some kind of warning before booting them out.
-Possibly automatically away them for a bit before booting them out. So they can ant idle by simply change the status back.
5. hover box needs to have solid color options
-Many finds the thing that it is not solid distracting as they have an opaque see through effect. make that optional or have the hover box possible to take up the whole space and become true tab might be a better option.
6. Moderators commands
- /list /who /online are no longer available. Also AP can not be sorted. Would like those table to be sortable?
7. Gender is currently hard coded
-Need to be able to add a few!
8. Character name change / delete / expire system
-Rename should be limited to one character rename within 7 days. Per account.
-Expiring should be an archived system where old name will simply get sign added to the name and free that up after inactivity
9. character search
-Currently still has no way to search the sliders.
-Currently no way to limit to searching only online character.
10. FAQ
-A list of change. Admittedly, the site move is rushed. We haven't had time to do a comprehensive improvement list.

Issues:
-Copying perference sometime result in permission denied
-Private log doesn't filter by name
-Missing slider / kink search sorting feature

Other than this list, there are probably tons of things we are still working on. If you have more suggestion or problem, feel free to drop it here.
If you are reporting an issue, tell us how to reproduces it preferably
Eka
Administrator

Re: C4 Chat room feedback thread

Postby sansuki » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:23 pm

Feedback: Overall, I adore the new layout,it pretty much does everything I wanted it to do.

-User list needs a predictable order. Either time login (preferably), and order alphabetically (optionally)

I'd strongly suggest alphabetically. Sorting by time logon just incentivizes people looking for an RP to log off and on as much as possible which is a bit silly.

-Possibly automatically away them for a bit before booting them out. So they can ant idle by simply change the status back.

I like this idea, especially as paired with extending the timer before boot.
sansuki
---

Postby Kohud » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:24 pm

Character search:

If you're searching for a character name, let's say Emily, and you want to go to page 2, the "?name=Emily" part of the url won't be included, and you'd rather end up on Page 2 of all characters on the site.

Logs search: If you search for two or more people, it just doesn't work. You rather end up with the entire log of that day. One is fine though.
Kohud
Been posting for a bit

Postby Teruyo » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:33 pm

Well, I'd like it if the profile picture worked like it did on old chat, along-side the text instead of above it. It looks quite messy right now.
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Suibelly » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:33 pm

There is a minor bug when messaging an offline user instead of "ERROR: PERSON IS OFFLINE" you instead get a placeholder message that gives a literal "USERNAME" variable instead of their character name.
Suibelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby Teruyo » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:02 pm

Do Not Disturb is spelled in the status menu as 'Do Not Distrub'
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NekoYuki » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:14 pm

There's something i put up on the other topic, but as this is the feedback thing, i'll stuck it here.
Hmm i'm not entirely fond of this new layout, my main gripe is 2 areas. maybe 3.

1: The new way to select characters. It's great, but not having the old search bar anymore is inconvenient to anyone with myself with a large body of chars. if a friend goes "oh can you play ..." for a scene, i have to search though 150+ names to find one as opposed to previously starting to type it, and having it auto-filled.

2: The list of players in the rooms seems to have no methodology to it. previously the people who logged in most recently, were at the bottom, now it seems to randomly assign them a place in the list. Pretty hard/annoying to see if you're waiting for a someone to log in, or just curious who's most recently online.

3: It no longer works on my phone. I'm using an Iphone 4G with Safari, the old chat worked fine, mostly. the new one, i get the names, i get the template, but not the actual chatbox, or at least, it's empty. And i cannot swap rooms after logging in, without logging back out and re-selecting. Most inconvenient...
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby NekoYuki » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:24 pm

Also. On the Gender thing. Why is Trans an option? Forgive me if I sound rude to some people? But Trans isn't really a gender. If you're Trans you are one gender. And become another. E.g you're Male and you Transition to become a Female. Then (at least legally) you're female. Correct?
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Eka » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:38 pm

NekoYuki wrote:Also. On the Gender thing. Why is Trans an option? Forgive me if I sound rude to some people? But Trans isn't really a gender. If you're Trans you are one gender. And become another. E.g you're Male and you Transition to become a Female. Then (at least legally) you're female. Correct?

As far as I know this site isn't about what is legal in real life or not. All the character are purely fantasy. Try not to bring politic into this in the future.
Eka
Administrator

Postby CompactorFlame » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:21 pm

I've tried it multiple times throughout the day, and on pretty much every alt I have. The "My Summary" thing still isn't working. I click "Update" after inserting my text, and absolutely nothing happens. The window doesn't even disappear.
There's people whose gender you know. There's people whose gender changes around, so you don't really know. And then, there's me.
CompactorFlame
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jswrighting » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:44 pm

not sure if you already know about this but typing an Asterisks in the search box crashes the site,
It gives this error message.

syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting FTS_TERM or FTS_NUMB or '*' Query: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM characters c JOIN character_profile cp ON (cp.char_id = c.char_id) WHERE c.efddt IS NULL AND MATCH(cp.profile_body) AGAINST(?) > 1 Parameters: [*]
Type: SQLException
SQLState: 42000
Error Code: 1064
Stack Trace
org.apache.commons.dbutils.AbstractQueryRunner.rethrow(AbstractQueryRunner.java:392)
com.leshana.jchat.data.ExtendableQueryRunner.query(ExtendableQueryRunner.java:238)
com.leshana.jchat.data.LoggingQueryQurnner.query(LoggingQueryQurnner.java:121)
com.leshana.jchat.data.ExtendableQueryRunner.query(ExtendableQueryRunner.java:177)
com.leshana.simplesqllib.ItemPaginator.getPaginatedItems(ItemPaginator.java:99)
com.leshana.jchat.pages.CharSearch$CharSearchResource.searchProfiles(CharSearch.java:107)
com.leshana.jchat.pages.CharSearch.doGet(CharSearch.java:55)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:936)
org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve.invoke(RemoteIpValve.java:680)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1004)
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketWithOptionsProcessor.run(AprEndpoint.java:1780)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Jswrighting
Somewhat familiar

Postby Darklordtheo » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:30 pm

I know that something I and a few other folks would like to see is an option to opt out of the !dR die on rooms. Maybe tie it to status, or have a toggle somewhere. But several regulars (Especially in the OOC room) dislike relieving a notification over something that isn't specifically directed at them.

*Edit*
And as long as I have one post here, I think that the Wilhelm Scream would make a fantastic chat notification sounds list.
Last edited by Darklordtheo on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darklordtheo
New to the forum

Postby Rumor » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:05 pm

Copying preferences from one character to another doesn't seem to work. When I try it, I get a "Permission Denied" error. This happens both when editing from character select and logging into them to edit. Using Firefox on Windows 10, if that matters.

Also, when you talk about deleting characters, do you mean auto-delete only or the ability for us to delete our own. Because I have a few alts I'd like to remove, whether it be ones who had typos when I created them the first time, old alts I have no intention of ever playing, or, in one case, a blank profile I don't recall ever even making.
Rumor
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:32 pm

Ive noticed it isn't possible anymore to check out who's in which room when clicking on the 'room' button. is there any way to reimplement that feature?
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BL1GHT » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:37 am

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but when you are editing sounds and you click on "Dogsong--Mykal Williams mix," it keeps playing. You can't turn it off until you refresh or leave the window. I was ten seconds into the song/chime and wanted it to be over with. Also. Add a few more sounds to the mix too. Lazer blast, radar ping, whatever weird sounds that they use in Star Trek (if there isn't a huge legal thing behind them of course)...Just a thought.
BL1GHT
Somewhat familiar

Postby hamletvalley » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:16 am

I said this in the migration thread but since this is the feedback thread:

This isn't a bug with the chat, but the drop down on the site for character database and chatroom logs give out a 404 error :3
hamletvalley
Been posting for a bit

Postby Athanasia » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:37 am

You can't seem to load javascript files anymore in the new chat. I used a few external files like the google jquery thing and such, because that crap is way too long to put them into the profile or the new javascript box. I'd love to be able to use them again, so my profiles will work properly and I wouldn't have to redo them from scratch.
Athanasia
New to the forum

Postby balanced-guy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:47 pm

I kinda miss the old profile editing, I don't like the numbered/html format for editing the profile, and would like something a bit simpler if possible.
balanced-guy
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:00 pm

Athanasia wrote:You can't seem to load javascript files anymore in the new chat. I used a few external files like the google jquery thing and such, because that crap is way too long to put them into the profile or the new javascript box. I'd love to be able to use them again, so my profiles will work properly and I wouldn't have to redo them from scratch.

Apparently C4 has jquery built in. I had a similar problem and Leshana fixed it with Magic™ so naturally I have no idea what she changed because I didn't look.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Athanasia » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:40 pm

I somehow managed it. I wonder, why there is a little gap there now. Oh well at least it works for now.
Athanasia
New to the forum

Next

Return to Our chat room