C4 Chat room feedback thread

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Re: C4 Chat room feedback thread

Postby masterofvore1 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:48 pm

I really like the new theme. it looks pretty polished. the log and logon character list improvements are welcome as well

Aces wrote:Apparently C4 has jquery built in. I had a similar problem and Leshana fixed it with Magic™ so naturally I have no idea what she changed because I didn't look.

I thought the old one used a version of it before too- though it might not have been the latest version(I can't remember). might have also been a modified version so was probably safer to include the latest official. idk about now though
masterofvore1
---

Postby MinunChaos73 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:35 pm

balanced-guy wrote:I kinda miss the old profile editing, I don't like the numbered/html format for editing the profile, and would like something a bit simpler if possible.

This ^

Also, it could also help with some additional buttons to plug in certain tags, such as font color, spoiler buttons, images and so forth. Hate having to keep having to looking up what tags I got wrong or have to look up an actual color code just for fonts.

Uh, if any of that is possible, it could help a lot for not only me but others too.
MinunChaos73
---

Postby Eka » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:18 pm

sansuki wrote:I'd strongly suggest alphabetically. Sorting by time logon just incentivizes people looking for an RP to log off and on as much as possible which is a bit silly.

Chat has always been sorted by time login and it has never incentives people looking for roleplay to log off. If anything it incentive people to stays online even if they are not around. I think you have the idea reversed.

Teruyo wrote:Well, I'd like it if the profile picture worked like it did on old chat, along-side the text instead of above it. It looks quite messy right now.

Should be in place already

NekoYuki wrote:1: The new way to select characters. It's great, but not having the old search bar anymore is inconvenient to anyone with myself with a large body of chars. if a friend goes "oh can you play ..." for a scene, i have to search though 150+ names to find one as opposed to previously starting to type it, and having it auto-filled

This is a valid point, but it impact so few people (very few people has more then 50 characters. Much less 100+ . I would recommend just use ctrl-f. It will find your character.

3: It no longer works on my phone. I'm using an Iphone 4G with Safari, the old chat worked fine, mostly. the new one, i get the names, i get the template, but not the actual chatbox, or at least, it's empty. And i cannot swap rooms after logging in, without logging back out and re-selecting. Most inconvenient..

I would like to let you know that this isn't intentional. Internally testing shows that it works with all the browsers. We have report that some browser doesn't work, but only on specific device. I recommend try a different brower to help find out what the problem is.

CompactorFlame wrote:I've tried it multiple times throughout the day, and on pretty much every alt I have. The "My Summary" thing still isn't working. I click "Update" after inserting my text, and absolutely nothing happens. The window doesn't even disappear.

Possibly a browser issue. As this is unintended and doesn't appear on most devices we try, we might need more information then "It doesn't work". Like browsers information, or whether you tried other browsers.

I'm sure you will see that a common theme on these glitches is "Try another browser" but this is a trouble shooting step. We are trying to figure out whether this is a browser problem or not.

Jswrighting wrote:not sure if you already know about this but typing an Asterisks in the search box crashes the site,
It gives this error message.

Thanks we are aware and will work on it later.

Darklordtheo wrote:I know that something I and a few other folks would like to see is an option to opt out of the !dR die on rooms. Maybe tie it to status, or have a toggle somewhere. But several regulars (Especially in the OOC room) dislike relieving a notification over something that isn't specifically directed at them.

We already had plan on tiring it to status but some people like to idle without missing out on chance for people to contact them. We will have to figure something out. We might consider opt out depends on other things. Just stay tuned for now.

player1 wrote:Ive noticed it isn't possible anymore to check out who's in which room when clicking on the 'room' button. is there any way to reimplement that feature?

There are no "room" button anymore. So yes. We are aware. Meanwhile, use the "All room list" page at the bottom of the userlist.

You can't seem to load javascript files anymore in the new chat.

This is intended. Allowing loading javascript is a huge security flaw and something we deemed not worth the risk. We do allow popular javascript that we already use (like jquery for example)

balanced-guy wrote:I kinda miss the old profile editing, I don't like the numbered/html format for editing the profile, and would like something a bit simpler if possible.

This feel a bit like a nitpicking... but we will consider it. Meanwhile, please just use a notepad and copy and paste afterward.

MinunChaos73 wrote:Also, it could also help with some additional buttons to plug in certain tags, such as font color, spoiler buttons, images and so forth. Hate having to keep having to looking up what tags I got wrong or have to look up an actual color code just for fonts.

What you are suggesting is a major UI change. We deemed those buttons not essential enough to warrant occupying these extremely limited and valuable screen real estate. Having said that, we have other options we are considering at a later time. Similar to how the "eyecon" selector. Stay tuned.
Eka
Administrator

Postby AnotherAnon » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:51 pm

I very much like the idea of having a proper tab for private conversations! So it acts like a separate room. I think one thing that I didn't see mentioned is the ability to sort the lists of characters in queries. ASC/DESC of columns (ID, Name, etc.). Otherwise I don't think there's anything I can think of that's isn't already on the to-do list!

Edit: Ah! Just noticed something. The summary text for characters is only viewed via the full user list right? Well, it gets cut off after so many characters and I don't see a way of revealing someone's entire summary if that's the case.
AnotherAnon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Stefani6268 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:48 pm

This doesn't seem to work on mobile devices anymore. Like I can log on sand everything but I cannot see anything I post or anything other people post. Basically, the chat box in constantly empty, which sucks because sites like this one don't load on my computer so I've had to rely on a phone for a while now. I've never had this problem until just now when the chat changed.
Stefani6268
New to the forum

Search got worse

Postby Emperor_Palpatine » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:45 pm

I used to be able to use search quickly and easily. I would type in a term (Say, preg) and every user online who had it in their profile would pop up! It made it really easy to find a partner and get a scene ready. Now, this appears to be glitched and I'll get a handful of users, many of whom haven't been on in months. Are there any plans to fix this?

Other than that I'm loving the new chat. Keep up the good work, guys. I'm glad we can use pred and prey tags in the library now. LOVING that! <3
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15662 /RP preferences

Walk in the room and I know they all know man
If they don't know, put on a little show
Emperor_Palpatine
Heavy user

Postby Darklordtheo » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Oh. As long as I'm thinking of it, a limit, preview, or notification when you're writing a summary to let you know if you have too much there. Cuz I see a lot of summaries getting cut off.
Darklordtheo
New to the forum

Postby Lilith » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:07 pm

On the "Edit Preferences" page, if you have it in a smaller window (don't know if this also happens on smaller displays), the "Save" button doesn't appear anywhere. You have to expand the window in order to find the "Save" button.

The custom preference editor has an auto-complete function, but it's extremely laggy. Whether or not anything actually comes up when I type in text is completely random, and often I'll delete what's in the box and type something new, only to get the results from the prior text that was in the box.
Lilith
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kohud » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:31 pm

A way to select a default room would be nice, as in when you're logging in with a character, it won't have to default to the OOC-room every time, but rather another room of your choosing. Even if it only saves 1 click.
Kohud
Been posting for a bit

Postby CakeInferno » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:07 am

Eka wrote:Chat has always been sorted by time login and it has never incentives people looking for roleplay to log off. If anything it incentive people to stays online even if they are not around. I think you have the idea reversed.

I've also never noticed this before, if anything causes people to log off/on frequently it's likely bad internet or the idle timer in most of the cases. Either way, I always found the time login sorting to be the best way, especially when you're sometimes just there waiting for a friend it makes it much easier to notice them signing it.
3D art with one-dimensional characters - https://aryion.com/g4/user/CakeInferno
Overpaid but undersexed - https://www.patreon.com/CakeInferno
CakeInferno
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rumor » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:00 am

When more genders are implemented, any possibility for being able to have one that's a male and a female sign? Not herm, no, I'm thinking of multi-character alts, characters that can be played male or female, or can change their gender. I have the middle option myself and herm doesn't work because they're never played as herm and I don't want to give people the wrong idea, so I currently use non-specified right now. But I think being able to define "male and female" would be helpful to getting a scene with them, since I feel like people see the non-specified and think I'm playing a robot or something without even looking at the profile.
Rumor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Teruyo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:51 pm

Character search is currently broken. Searching for anything, the first page shows up fine, but any other pages in the search show up completely blank. For instance, a search for girl in profile names returns more results that can fit on one page, and the first page appears normal, but if you try to navigate to page 2, it ends up looking like this. Nothing. Nada.
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kailen » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:57 pm

It would be nice if the profile specified the size for "eyecons" and smaller profile pics so we know how much to crop for them.
Kailen
Somewhat familiar

Postby Frank » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:28 pm

Minor error:

"Rules" link ( https://aryion.com/content/chat-and-roleplay-faq ) doesn't seem to exist and opens the site home page instead.

Edit: it does exist, but from within the chat still takes you to the site home page.

F.
Frank
Been posting for a bit

Postby AnotherAnon » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:15 pm

Noticed the change to the "Find" page. Would be nice to search profiles for only people online as well! (On top of the previous request of being able to sort the columns ascending/descending).
AnotherAnon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tobedumped » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:28 am

Positive on the new chat in general and thank you all for the work.

While there is a search by preferences of online players function right now, it currently switches the labels of "as pred" and "as prey."
Tobedumped
Participator

Postby Teruyo » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:33 pm

Another UI bug/error, this time with the new preference search for active users. The Pred and Prey columns are mixed up, the column labeled Prey shows their Pred preferences and vice-versa (Chryll, for instance, only has Pred sliders displayed on their profile, and TrickTheFox only has Prey sliders).
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kaldar » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:02 am

Thank you for the new chat room! It's working great so far.

Love the new mini profiles, looking forward to more people using them, could be great for finding people in similar mood or intrests even without a search function.

---

As to what I am actually posting about.

It seems like there are many more people using the chat, and the Roleplay room is a bit spammy at times. Would it be possible to have some secondary RP rooms that people can overflow into? Perhaps a Nexus park, city, magic academy, research lab.

This could promote themed roleplays and gather together say magic using characters in a group, or technology characters when there are too many users and the chat is too busy.

If there are few people, I think they would naturally filter back into the "main RP" room.
Kaldar
New to the forum

Postby Teruyo » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:50 pm

One week later, character search is still broken, unable to see any results past the first page when searching. It was not broken when we first migrated over to C4, it seemingly broke when Preference search was added.
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Emberell » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:03 pm

Hi!

I really like the new design of the chat rooms - but the feature I quite miss from the old chat was the ability to see the numbers associated with the preference you're setting. Like, I recently wanted to create a character who has an even 50/50 split on the pred/prey scale, but I can't for the life of me get the bars to match. I'm really not good with doing it by sight! Is there something I'm missing here, or has this feature just fallen away?

Besides that, and the odd connectivity issue, I really like the direction this has taken. Especially the little warning for when you've been idle for too long, as well as the little mini profiles. There's a lot here that's really good - keep up the good work!

Thanks!
- Emberell
Emberell
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Our chat room