Why you should read profiles instead of oggling eye candy.

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Re: Why you should read profiles instead of oggling eye cand

Postby coop500 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:19 am

Filan wrote:I honestly go right to the sliders first. Considering the hostile nature of the chat in regards to male characters its best to see if they will blow their top from a ping before even reading their profile.

I would also put this suggestion out to people, Have preferences on your profiles. Especially things regarding character gender prefs, Nothing burns more than no prefs combined with the usual anti-male angle of things.

Exactly, I will read the full profile of someome that I know won't kill me just because I spoke to them, but usually since I can look at 35+ profiles a day and they all hate male preds I always check the sliders first to make sure or any OOC notes as well.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Hagen » Thu May 26, 2016 12:40 pm

Filan wrote:
I would also put this suggestion out to people, Have preferences on your profiles. Especially things regarding character gender prefs, Nothing burns more than no prefs combined with the usual anti-male angle of things.

One i can't get the sliders to show up, but I do right dos and don'ts in the profiles.
What bugs me more than anything else is spending time reading a profile, because it says to do so, and the person puffs.
Its really no ones fault, I'm just saying,
Hagen
Participator

Postby Filan » Fri May 27, 2016 4:05 am

coop500 wrote:
Filan wrote:I honestly go right to the sliders first. Considering the hostile nature of the chat in regards to male characters its best to see if they will blow their top from a ping before even reading their profile.

Exactly, I will read the full profile of someome that I know won't kill me just because I spoke to them, but usually since I can look at 35+ profiles a day and they all hate male preds I always check the sliders first to make sure or any OOC notes as well.

A new thing creeping into the anti-males end of RP these days I have noticed here and elsewhere is now people demanding the player be female too. WTF difference should that make? Role Play... you are playing a role. Its like demanding the person on the other end of the connection in WoW actually be a Blood Elf. completely silly
Elven Captain and Owner of the S.S. Hyperion, Hyperion Class Airship Luxury Liner Converted to Cargo hauler
Finest ship to fly the skies of Earth
Filan
???

Postby coop500 » Fri May 27, 2016 7:36 am

Filan wrote:
coop500 wrote:

A new thing creeping into the anti-males end of RP these days I have noticed here and elsewhere is now people demanding the player be female too. WTF difference should that make? Role Play... you are playing a role. Its like demanding the person on the other end of the connection in WoW actually be a Blood Elf. completely silly

Ahhh yes I have been seeing that, it's gotten so bad too that since there's no way to prove it and those on there that know I have a lot of male characters, they don't believe me when I say I am a woman, even though I really am! But that is a good question, unlsss you plan on dating these people why does RL gender matter?
coop500
???

Postby AFieldMouse » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:57 am

I put a lot of effort into making sure my profile has both a visually appealing design layout as well as a good picture, although I never have any genitalia showing or suggestive posing.
AFieldMouse
Been posting for a bit

Postby Trebortron3 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:11 am

coop500 wrote:
Filan wrote:A new thing creeping into the anti-males end of RP these days I have noticed here and elsewhere is now people demanding the player be female too. WTF difference should that make? Role Play... you are playing a role. Its like demanding the person on the other end of the connection in WoW actually be a Blood Elf. completely silly

Ahhh yes I have been seeing that, it's gotten so bad too that since there's no way to prove it and those on there that know I have a lot of male characters, they don't believe me when I say I am a woman, even though I really am! But that is a good question, unlsss you plan on dating these people why does RL gender matter?

I'm not that used to erotic RPs (taking part in my first one at the moment) but it seems to me that the above is, from some people at least, probably part of a scam? What a great way to get people to send you private photos. "I just want to know you're actually a woman". And for people wanting to keep their private lives and public lives separate, I can imagine those photos being used as a threat. Probably worst-case scenario, I'm not talking from personal experience, but I can imagine it occurring.

Also, I wonder if some of it stems from homophobia/transphobia? Some insecure hetero guy wanting to know damn sure that he's not jacking off to someone who is secretly another guy, because that would make him gay and then he'd get kicked off of his football team and he'd have to marry a dude! People aren't rational creatures, so I'm sure that logic makes sense to some.
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby Aickavon12 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:55 am

keep in mind that this thread is an older one and it has just been necro'd.
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby coop500 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Aickavon12 wrote:keep in mind that this thread is an older one and it has just been necro'd.

Heh yeah, but only by a few months.
coop500
???

Postby AlluringPredation » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:28 pm

My situations changed since this thread began, and since this got a bump I might as well share. Perhaps it's a better example for the thread title.

I recently withdrew from rp'ing and tried my best to ensure people would not be misled into coming to me for rp within the chat, as the pictures I post in my gallery have been great advertisement for people wanting commissions when i finally open up. And i like showing off my work as some people in chat don't visit the main page save to sign in.

At first it was just text stating my wish to not rp, still got approached. Pretty pictures were all some could see. Then restated in multiple places, still got attention undesired. Leading me to slap up a big sign that you might see in the link below, because I'm not out to get anyone in trouble. And had someone scroll right by and see a character and asked for an rp, while others just hint and have teased.

And I was debating on whether or not to even post this but just got hit on, so submit we go

https://rp.aryion.com/profile/AlluringPredation
Discord for artists and those who commission them! https://discord.com/invite/F3UDqqAx53
AlluringPredation
Participator

Postby Doku » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:18 am

AlluringPredation wrote:...

I have had a similar experience to you, AP, with an alt of mine. I won't get into the details as it identifies the alt, but I can say that there are people who will refuse to read your profile or obey your requests unless there is nothing on your profile but the words 'do not contact me.' It's an unfortunate reality of the site.

And, considering your stated reasons in the profile, you have my condolences at the indiscretion and pushiness of others. One look at the preferences should clear up for everyone why pushing is really... well, just wrong in your case.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby four_fleets » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:13 am

AlluringPredation wrote:...

GG
  I wonder if you'll visit This thread?  

I finally found out how to use BBCcode.
four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Previous

Return to Our chat room