Chat outage #17

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Chat outage #17

Postby Eka » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:30 pm

I'm actually not sure if it is the 17th. I didn't really keep count.

Anyway, chat is down because hosting issue. Which we have had numerous issue in the past and will resolve fully once we move the chat to another server. Meanwhile, use the temp chat at trp.aryion.com

Don't complain about character not being transferred. If it works exactly like the full chat it wouldn't be a "Temp" chat to begin with.

Also this is not a beta testing of the new chat. We are using it cause it is the best backup we have at the moment. When we are ready for feedback about the new chat we will let everyone know. This is just a temporary, unfinished chat room to be used during the Main chat being down.

When we know when it will be back up we will let you know. Currently there are no estimated time of availability.
Eka
Administrator

Re: Chat outage #17

Postby TrickTheFox » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:40 pm

I would hardly want to be the one to suggest such drastic measures at a time like this, especially when I am not fully aware of the situation, but with how many many many 'hosting issues' there have been, and with the down-time of the chat recently and its unreliability, have you perhaps considered asking your host for some sort of financial compensation or refund? I mean, I can't tell exactly what the situation is, but if I were hosting a website that went down this often I would be rather upset to be paying full price for such a lack-of-service.
TrickTheFox
New to the forum

Postby Eka » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:47 pm

TrickTheFox wrote:I would hardly want to be the one to suggest such drastic measures at a time like this, especially when I am not fully aware of the situation, but with how many many many 'hosting issues' there have been, and with the down-time of the chat recently and its unreliability, have you perhaps considered asking your host for some sort of financial compensation or refund? I mean, I can't tell exactly what the situation is, but if I were hosting a website that went down this often I would be rather upset to be paying full price for such a lack-of-service.

I appreciate the attempt, but this is not a finance problem at all. Don't worry about it.
Eka
Administrator

Postby TrickTheFox » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:56 pm

Eka wrote:
TrickTheFox wrote:I would hardly want to be the one to suggest such drastic measures at a time like this, especially when I am not fully aware of the situation, but with how many many many 'hosting issues' there have been, and with the down-time of the chat recently and its unreliability, have you perhaps considered asking your host for some sort of financial compensation or refund? I mean, I can't tell exactly what the situation is, but if I were hosting a website that went down this often I would be rather upset to be paying full price for such a lack-of-service.

I appreciate the attempt, but this is not a finance problem at all. Don't worry about it.

Fair enough. It was just a suggestion. I do not know all the details of the situation, obviously. But from my perspective I would be dissatisfied with the services being provided by your hoster.

That being said, any idea when the move to a new server might happen? Or at least perhaps a time-frame? Days, weeks, months, etc?
TrickTheFox
New to the forum

Postby Eka » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:04 pm

TrickTheFox wrote:
That being said, any idea when the move to a new server might happen? Or at least perhaps a time-frame? Days, weeks, months, etc?

As the first post. There are no solid time frame of any type. Once we have time we will let you all know.
Eka
Administrator

Postby tracker9922 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:23 am

I'm sure it's equally frustrating for everyone involved! :<

Still, I'm sure everyone will have patience to let things run the course, as well as saying thanks not only for trying to fix it up, but for hosting it all in the first place! ^^

So thanks, Eka!
tracker9922
Been posting for a bit

Postby sansuki » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:06 pm

Speaking for myself, I adore the C4 temp chat, and I can't wait for some of its great features to come into the mainline chat! 8)
sansuki
---

Postby Eka » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:53 pm

Shutting the normal chat down for a bit to do a full backup in preparation for the move. Estimated available time will be an hour or two since this post.
Eka
Administrator

Postby AMCJavelin » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:59 pm

Sounds good, I'm glad I didn't try remaking all my alt profiles in temp chat XD
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby Eka » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:12 pm

Should be back now.
Eka