How To Approach Anyone

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Re: How To Approach Anyone

Postby Archmage_Bael » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:13 am

Clearly people here have wildly different ideas on how to engage people. Obviously some like Rendezvore like them to be a lot more formal, and others like XDDX prefer to be more casual.

I know I cannot convince people (nobody can in a day and age like this), and I hate it when someone cant get along, especially when its something like an introduction. Humans are wildly different.
Most people I engage with though seem to be fine with hellos. Its when you're talking out a scene, someone asks you what you like - that right there is a crucial question in my opinion and you can really show how well you explain things, and how much you can write - and how detailed you can be.

Honestly if someone is concerned about how someone posts, you can always ask them for an example. If you're going to be formal about it anyway, I wouldn't see the harm in that.
Archmage_Bael
Been posting for a bit

Re: How To Approach Anyone

Postby Kobra » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:59 pm

Rendezvore wrote:A simple one word greeting like "Hi" or "Hey' can easily get lost in the mess of chat text. I might not hear the ping because speakers are muted or I've got a game in the background running or music playing or I was in another room for a moment. I might only notice this months later after reading through my private logs. I suggest a more fleshed out introduction that is more likely to be seen.

And honestly, I think it's less about the difference of "Hi" and "Hey" and more about what comes after.
Think of it like this: if you were walking down a busy street and some random person on the sidewalk said "Hi" to you, your first thought would probably be "Do I know this person??", then your second thought would be "What do they want?" >.>

When this happens on chat, it usually goes like this:
"hi"
"Hi, do we know each other?"
"no just saying hi"
"Alright, then. Hello."
"how are you"
"I'm fine, Just sitting here sketching stuff. Did you need something?"
"i like your draggy"
"Thanks. Was there anything else?"
"Wanna RP?"

This gets tedious when being approached :roll: , so like many RPers I don't like small talk and would just like to know what a potential partner is interested in up front. A greeting is usually fine, just back it up with an introduction to yourself and what you're "selling". Because that's what you're essentially doing, is selling yourself and your talents as a RPer. We're not just gonna jump at the chance to eat you or be eaten by you because your profile pic is cute.

This is much more approachable:
"Hi there! Do you have a moment to talk? I read your profile and your character (name here) seems fun and it looks like we're both into (major preferences/kinks/fetishes here). I thought maybe you might like my character (name here)."

If you can't be bothered to write something like that in your first post, then sorry to say, but you most likely aren't the type that people would want to RP with. A few sentences are what people are looking for because RPing involves a lot of writing, so they are looking at how you WRITE. Keep basic lines of approach in a notepad on your desktop and just copy/paste it, fine-tuning it for the current situation. Easy.

With that said, I do make it a point to always give people a second chance.
I am aware that some people are shy or unsure of themselves, or English might be a second language for them, or that not all people are familiar with common role play terms, possibly not even realizing what an "IC approach" even means and don't know to avoid it. There might also be a simple mix-up of profiles or preferences cause they tend to blend together when you're reading ten of them at once in different browser tabs. :lol: I've made mistakes like that. No one is infallible, it happens. So, if I occasionally get an approach I don't want, I don't freak out or ignore the person. I politely ask them not to do that or remind them that I'm not interested in a particular preference and more often than not they realize their mistake, apologize, then we start over.

I understand this. I normally try to be polite. I've been here for about seven years now. I used to try the small-talk approach but people often ignore that, if done too much. Generally. Nowadays, I'm polite but I shorten the formalities and prefer to get straight to the point. Whats the point in beating around the bush?
Mmmmph! Hmmllm? Mhp Mmm MuHHHH! HMMMMP
* Umm hello? LET ME OUT!!!!!** HELP!!!
Kobra
---

Previous

Return to Our chat room