The Arena - a new chat room for vore-battlers?

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

The Arena - a new chat room for vore-battlers?

Postby Gileseypops » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Just an idea, since it can sometimes take so long trying to find a fellow vore-battler when you're in the mood for a good scrap. :P

What's everyone's opinion on having a specific room where characters can meet up and arrange vore-battles with one another? If popular, does anyone know how to suggest a new room being created?

Thanks!
Gileseypops
New to the forum

Re: The Arena - a new chat room for vore-battlers?

Postby Delet932b4sk » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Sounds like a solid idea, though I think the games room fits that description--though I'm pretty sure that's for moving into FOR vorebattling. Could be a nice hub for people to let others know they want a vore-battle, but then, if that's the idea, adding a VB tag would be easier.
Delet932b4sk
Participator

Postby Gileseypops » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:59 pm

Yep, I thought the games room would mean vore-battles too, but it mainly seems to be D&D style games whenever I pop in to visit. I'd hate to get in my sexy battle gear and land myself in a quest for an orc-sword. Nothing like turning up at a party with the wrong equipment. :P

I just think if we have a room that is clearly for VBer's, then we can be sure about what we're getting ourselves into and also a place for the warriors to hang out and meet. So yes, basically Jorrvaskr for the Eka community.

Hey, it didn't do Whiterun any harm!
Gileseypops
New to the forum

Postby Jacobtheespeon » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:37 pm

Why not have a vore battle sign?

Like theres the Looking for rp sign and do not disturb signs

A "Looking for vore battle" sign would work
Jacobtheespeon
Participator

Postby Eka » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. This has been bought up before and we already have plan on those when we finish with our chat revision. We will be sure to let everyone know when we are ready for more suggestions.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Gileseypops » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:25 pm

That's also a good idea Jacob. Good to see that there's something in the pipeline Eka. Looking forward to seeing the new chat! :)
Gileseypops
New to the forum

Postby masterofvore1 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:02 pm

will the new chat somewhat resemble the old chat or will it have a completely different theme? (color, layout,etc)
masterofvore1
---

Postby Eka » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:20 pm

masterofvore1 wrote:will the new chat somewhat resemble the old chat or will it have a completely different theme? (color, layout,etc)

When we have information for you we will be sure to let everyone know.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Four_Spears » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:25 pm

I've been working on an rp system for something exactly like this for quite a long while and have been doing lots of research on how to make a far more accessible rp system.

~~*~~ Click here for image~~*~~
(This is just a small part of the system, an attack chart that displays strengths/weaknesses based on character types.)

Mind you, I'm NOT a Moderator or any official spokesperson for Eka's chat. I've only just been around for enough years to grasp how most people use the chat and prefer to make use of things in different RP settings/stories/scenarios.

After so much analysis, I figured it might be far easier to streamline how rp battles are done to make things more accessible to people who want to easily keep track of their scenes

There's a lot of stuff I've done to try making each character type unique based on the most common character "Themes" that are seen in the chat without trying to complicate things into a mess of incomprehensible math problems (especially if people are confused with D&D methods and/or might have issues grasping the context of with Nayru's vore battle system.) so I've based most of it off of the way Pokemon's "Types" system works as a sort of shorthand to make everything tons more accessible and convenient for all users.

Of course, I've already prepared a few profiles to set up for things like item shops (http://profile.aryion.com/profile/Delpry_Goods) and backdrops for combat (http://profile.aryion.com/profile/Delta_Prysm) as well as setting up a long, but simple tutorial for the entire thing to operate on, but for this very moment, I'll be finalizing the basic things over the course of June/July and continuously updating and improving on the mechanics afterwards through the course of the year.

If possible, I'd like to discuss and exchange ideas for what could help this "Rp battle" thingie move along with a bit more clarity and less hassle.
With the stuff I have already prepared, I could see myself helping with management of chat in so far as "RP Battle" is concerned.

Eka wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. This has been bought up before and we already have plan on those when we finish with our chat revision. We will be sure to let everyone know when we are ready for more suggestions.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. I'll be happy to add whatever creative energies I can to ease the burden of designing a unique and user-friendly "rp battle" suggestion set.
Last edited by Four_Spears on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Four_Spears
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby masterofvore1 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:53 pm

I wouldn't use it if it looked like that. it appears cluttered and restrictive. if I wanted to have a roleplay based on pre-defined abilities that the software author thought the player should enjoy, I would use second life instead of a text based room.
masterofvore1
---

Postby Four_Spears » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:53 pm

masterofvore1 wrote:I wouldn't use it if it looked like that. it appears cluttered and restrictive. if I wanted to have a roleplay based on pre-defined abilities that the software author thought the player should enjoy, I would use second life instead of a text based room.

Well, the thing is that the image that I linked is only a guideline chart, but that isn't the entire system all spelled out, so you should try to at least reserve judgement for when it's actually complete. :-D
It's not cluttered or restrictive in any sense whatsoever as the chart is just using guidelines on the most commonplace of characters based on "Themes" instead of "Races". In fact, if you're remotely familiar with type-advantages in pokemon, you might identify that I've taken the basic idea from how it's charted ( http://31.media.tumblr.com/6d5c20c9c5af43c8f34d6b19a4803be2/tumblr_msynp26edN1r8sc3ro1_1280.jpg ) and just applied it here.

I'm doing my best to give a comprehensively-detailed system to define how it all works, but by no means is it in any way more complicated than Gen 1 and 2 of Pokemon in terms of ease of use. As far as the "Themed Types" are concerned, I've arranged the themes in a way to allow for any and all means of diversity to happen as all the types of characters I've seen in the chat over the past 8 years have never gone outside of certain primary thematic concepts depicted in the image I've linked.

The image does not define in detail what encompasses each theme, but I already have a great deal of definitions typed-up to define exactly what each "Theme" is meant to represent. Any character can fit easily within the context of how the system works with how I've prepared it. I would think that to be the case since I've spent months already trying to organize all the details to get it just right just so it would be far more convenient.

You can create any kind of character, whether they be human or other creature as far as your imagination will allow you and it is guaranteed to have a "Theme type" depending on how you've detailed your character's story and design. Whichever types of themes your character inhabits allows for you to have a unique style of "leveling up" in comparison to others as each Theme-set comes with their own diverse set of bonuses/attributes/special skills when growing depending on which themes they have.

Yes, I'm saying that you can have your cake and eat it, too. You just need to wait for me to finish typing up the details of every individual aspect of unique theme types for levelling up, attack attributes and 'thematic bonuses'. Considering that there's 18 thematic types for me to detail, that makes for a great deal of work.
Four_Spears
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby masterofvore1 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:25 pm

if it is something you can enter values into, that's fine.
but if it's set up like "oh, ctype abc has such and such vore damage, and you can't choose any other power" then it is.
it's either one or the other, but not both.
masterofvore1
---

Postby Four_Spears » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:11 am

masterofvore1 wrote:if it is something you can enter values into, that's fine.
but if it's set up like "oh, ctype abc has such and such vore damage, and you can't choose any other power" then it is.
it's either one or the other, but not both.

I'm not entirely sure you understood, but it's not really too much of a fuss if I re-iterate.
What's in our best interest for now is to understand that I've mentioned the following:
Four_Spears wrote:so you should try to at least reserve judgement for when it's actually complete. :-D

And by that, I mean that I'd rather not have to expose on the technical details all right now since it'd be a needless side-track to divulge all the details on something that's going to be revealed in full soon anyway.

What I can tell you is that the system is 100% compatible with all current existing characters in the chat dating back from day 1 and can still operate with all future characters without any compromise.

I mean not to infer what might not be in your exact wording, but based on what you're presently projecting, I'm strongly under the impression that you have the wrong idea about what I haven't even gone at length yet to detail yet. So far, I've only shown an attack/defense chart and you're already not only defensive, but seem to be unaware of the fact that I mentioned that it's really just a "part" of the system and not the entire thing. I'd rather you not jump to judge something so brazenly without total awareness of the full context since it might only serve to cause you to regret it later since this is sorta all public and stuff. :(

I can understand if you have your reservations, but to put what I'm doing bluntly:
"Your characters will NOT need to conform to a solitary role unless you personally want them to." You will have freedom to do whatever you chose with the system once I've finalized the base profile for it.

So long as you are forcing yourself to feel like I'm attempting to impose a limitation on what you want to do, You are only allowing other people to see that you're missing the message. :? That's not my intention.

And once more, so the context is 100% clear: That image is merely for the attack grid. That does not in any way, shape or form reflect on how the various "Theme types" work outside of what the purpose of that grid is.

I've spent a great deal of time in the chat over the years to know not to make such a glaring oversight and I've spent months trying to get the ideas of the system just right. The most you can do now is speculate until I've finished the first version and as of now, your phrasing is only alluding to the fact that you don't know most of what I've had arranged.

Just be patient and have a little faith.
Four_Spears
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby masterofvore1 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:29 am

all you basically said is you've spent time in the chat, so therefore you know exactly how everyone's going to do it or is supposed to do it.
not to be rude, but that sounds a bit big-headed.
masterofvore1
---

Postby Four_Spears » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:12 pm

masterofvore1 wrote:all you basically said is you've spent time in the chat, so therefore you know exactly how everyone's going to do it or is supposed to do it.
not to be rude, but that sounds a bit big-headed.

:(
You know, I'll just continue working on this. At the very least, I -think- you tried to show some constructive criticism?
I don't know for sure, but I'll just assume that you mean well, even if I feel you might be projecting a bit prematurely. I guess time will tell.
Four_Spears
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby masterofvore1 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm not intending to cause harm, sorry if it sounds that way. I just don't want to be faced with a situation where it becomes a "use it or leave" kind of thing.
masterofvore1
---

Postby Four_Spears » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:17 pm

masterofvore1 wrote:I'm not intending to cause harm, sorry if it sounds that way. I just don't want to be faced with a situation where it becomes a "use it or leave" kind of thing.

I....I don't...what? :(
Please don't fabricate your projections towards me in that way. Your statements are not lining up with any of what I've said. At all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
http://changingminds.org/explanations/b ... ection.htm

I'm not sure how you're even getting that kind of idea based on anything I've said.

Four_Spears wrote:It's not cluttered or restrictive in any sense whatsoever as the chart is just using guidelines on the most commonplace of characters based on "Themes" instead of "Races".

Four_Spears wrote: I've arranged the themes in a way to allow for any and all means of diversity to happen as all the types of characters I've seen in the chat over the past 8 years have never gone outside of certain primary thematic concepts depicted in the image I've linked.

The image does not define in detail what encompasses each theme, but I already have a great deal of definitions typed-up to define exactly what each "Theme" is meant to represent. Any character can fit easily within the context of how the system works with how I've prepared it.

Four_Spears wrote:You can create any kind of character, whether they be human or other creature as far as your imagination will allow you and it is guaranteed to have a "Theme type" depending on how you've detailed your character's story and design. Whichever types of themes your character inhabits allows for you to have a unique style of "leveling up" in comparison to others as each Theme-set comes with their own diverse set of bonuses/attributes/special skills when growing depending on which themes they have.

Yes, I'm saying that you can have your cake and eat it, too. You just need to wait for me to finish typing up the details of every individual aspect of unique theme types for levelling up, attack attributes and 'thematic bonuses'. Considering that there's 18 thematic types for me to detail, that makes for a great deal of work.

I'm not trying to be funny about this, but I really, really don't understand how you could have missed it. It just felt like you were insisting/persisting on expecting the exact opposite of almost every word I've stated.

While I'm not sure how you feel justified in feeling the way you do, I'm not going to try taking that from you. You are free to believe and feel what you like and I'll never want to take that from you. It's your right to have views and opinions all your own.....but I definitely never projected that kind of idea at any given point. In fact, I practically defied that in my first response to you.
Four_Spears wrote:You can create any kind of character, whether they be human or other creature as far as your imagination will allow you and it is guaranteed to have a "Theme type" depending on how you've detailed your character's story and design. Whichever types of themes your character inhabits allows for you to have a unique style of "leveling up" in comparison to others as each Theme-set comes with their own diverse set of bonuses/attributes/special skills when growing depending on which themes they have.

It doesn't matter to me how it's used, the system practically depends on that fact since the point is supposed to be ease of use and versatility. If you don't like what it turns out to be, that's fine. Take what parts you like from it and try making your own spin on things that appeals more to you. (....that might take a long, long while, but... whatever pleases you.)

I'm not sure what conclusions you were coming to or how you came to them based on the tiny bit of information I've exposed, but I honestly have no interest in entertaining the idea of whatever "strict limits" notion you may have expected since I was already opposed to the idea of limitations from the first post in the thread.

The reason it's taken me so long to arrange what I have so far is explicitly to allow for people to play as loose or as strict as they like. It's not my call to make. I'm honestly not sure how I could have possibly made that any clearer after I even went the distance to put particular words in bold and alter the colors to draw your attention.

Context is a very important thing, but I'd really don't feel it's necessary to repeatedly keep stopping to re-explain something I've gone at length to make clear on more than one occasion before I finalize. It's really only serving to slow me down since a lot of your responses are posed in such a way that I must respond faster to save face.....which makes very little sense since I should be concentrating on completing this. The last thing I need is for people to prematurely bandwagon a cause that is not only not entirely understood and founded on a misunderstanding that you seem to be totally unaware that you're creating, but also entirely lacking in massive critical points of information that I've made very clear I'm withholding for the sake of it taking less effort to just "Finish and let everybody see it for themselves."

If I need to spend 5 hours taking selected excepts from the system's levelling guide, Thematic Types and Vore classes and compare them to a handful or randomly-selected pre-existing characters in the chat to define how they work at this exact moment, then that means I'll suffer a loss of 5 hours trying to finally get the profiles set up in the chat because I squandered that time here trying to calm the ripples that never needed to happen in the first place.

One step forward, one step back.

I'm starting to feel that I should have waited to finish 100% for the first revision to have been put in before posting that message at all as of now, just mentioning it has already done far more damage than good. :( Now I see how other game devs feel about this sorta stuff. It really does sting.
Four_Spears
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby masterofvore1 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:23 pm

I'm not trying to be mean. I just don't want to be forced to use something just because others are. obviously, that's not the case now because it's not finished but I see the potential.
edit: I'm pretty sure I'm not accurately conveying what I meant. I'll try to find a better way to phrase it ^^;
masterofvore1
---

Postby Four_Spears » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm

masterofvore1 wrote:I'm not trying to be mean. I just don't want to be forced to use something just because others are. obviously, that's not the case now because it's not finished but I see the potential.
edit: I'm pretty sure I'm not accurately conveying what I meant. I'll try to find a better way to phrase it ^^;

..... even though your posts ultimately served to give me a complete lapse in faith of countless other people's ability to comprehend a very simple explanation, burdening me with a nearly 6-year long bout of disenchantment with creativity, at least it has served a very good purpose in the grand scheme of things as an example in the future of what kind of replies can cause an utterly catostrophic backfire for productivity of any sort, especially the kind of productivity which is massively desirable by the overwhelming majority.

I'm done crashing into replies like these.I should have been at this phase way back in 2016, but let tiny stumbling blocks like our earlier exchange nuke it for no other reason than doubts that people wouldn't follow basic instructions. If all it would have taken was one or two more contrary opinions to yours to make my mood improve, then I had no reason to even feel that way from the start.

...or in short, I'll carry on doing my thing regardless.
Four_Spears
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Our chat room