The "Help me name my character" thread

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

The "Help me name my character" thread

Postby Missingnoo » Sun May 19, 2013 1:45 am

Making a character is hard work but it's also fun at times however there is a problem. Before the chat will let you work on a profile you need a name for that character. THis thread is for people that are having trouble coming up with a name for that character. I have a layout to follow if you want to use that.

Appearance: (Either describe what they look like or link a picture)

Species:

Personality: (keep it brief)

Primary setting: (Optional but it can help to know if your character is meant for the mystical land of Karmantia or just in New York)

Background: (Very optional, keep it as brief as possible. No more than a paragraph of the important events)

Status: (Important! Please say if you have or haven't decided on a name yet so people will not reply to your post anymore!)

Well, that's all. Hopefully this thread will help people struggling to come up with a name for their character.
Last edited by Missingnoo on Tue May 21, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just your average sado-masochistic Eldrich Abomination pony with a love for cooking vore.
Wanna RP with me? http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=33473
Missingnoo
---

Re: The "Help me name my character" thread

Postby Saftkeur » Sun May 19, 2013 6:00 am

And to provide some helpful resources for both the creators and the helpers, I'll toss in some links to some of the sites I use myself for character naming...
Behind the Name (names database, with name meanings)
Baby Names World (same as above, some different names)
EUdict (language-to-language dictionary; you can find some great name ideas from other languages)
Fantasy Name Generator (as the name suggests; geared towards fantasy names)
Seventh Sanctum (another name generator, divided into genres but with less customization)

Have fun!
Fantasy/Fetish artist, specializing in 3D vore, macro/micro, and tongue fetishes.
Gallery - Patreon
Saftkeur
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nibor » Sun May 19, 2013 6:24 am

Thinking of making a Lickitung character.
Appearance: Besides the obvious, he wears a green scarf that's constantly wet since his tongue is almost always resting on it.

Species: Lickitung

Personality: Kind but voracious

Last edited by Nibor on Tue May 21, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby Nibor » Mon May 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Ok, how come there are no other replies....?
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby Saftkeur » Mon May 20, 2013 11:59 pm

Nibor wrote:Ok, how come there are no other replies....?

Perhaps this forum isn't especially active? I dunno, I usually hang out in the General Discussion section. Here, let me have a go at helping you out, though... (and maybe someone else will jump in, perhaps.)
Nibor wrote:Thinking of making a Lickitung character.
Appearance: Besides the obvious, he wears a green scarf that's constantly wet since his tongue is almost always resting on it.

Species: Lickitung

Personality: Kind but voracious

I suppose first-off, what sort of a name are you looking for? Plenty of Pokémon in the show are either named for their species, or have rather simple names; "Dit the Ditto", etc. And in the games, most folks either go with fantasy-esque names, or if they're someone like me, they'll give them names that are a bit more like titles; "Darkblade the Absol", etc.
Give me some idea of the direction you'd like to take (I'm guessing not the first option, or you wouldn't need to post here, hah), and I'll see what ideas I can toss out!
Fantasy/Fetish artist, specializing in 3D vore, macro/micro, and tongue fetishes.
Gallery - Patreon
Saftkeur
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nibor » Tue May 21, 2013 12:18 am

Well, I like creative names, names that aren't just simple ones, like "George" or "James/Jim" I mean, just look at my other pokemon characters! Serverus, my Serperior; Gina, my.... ok, my Eevee has a common name, but check out Sparks, My male pikachu; Cracky, my female pikachu; Snoozes, my Snorlax, or any of my other pokemon characters. Hell, check out all my characters! ( http://rp.aryion.com/profile/Damon_ ) Almost all have creative names!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby Saftkeur » Tue May 21, 2013 6:54 am

Nibor wrote:Well, I like creative names, names that aren't just simple ones, like "George" or "James/Jim" I mean, just look at my other pokemon characters! Serverus, my Serperior; Gina, my.... ok, my Eevee has a common name, but check out Sparks, My male pikachu; Cracky, my female pikachu; Snoozes, my Snorlax, or any of my other pokemon characters. Hell, check out all my characters! ( http://rp.aryion.com/profile/Damon_ ) Almost all have creative names!

Hmm, so sort of a mixture of fantasy and the "traditional" Pokémon naming convention, using similar sounds or elements of their species in the name.
Well obviously, a Lickitung's got a couple good elements to take from; right off the bat, there's the "Lee" sound in there, as well as the "Kee". (Lee Kee / Leekee might make a nifty surname, or even just a full name.) It's a bit tough to come up with anything that sounds sufficiently name-like with the "Tung" part, in my opinion, but I'm sure there's some inspiration to be had there, too. At the very least, you can take the tongue theme and delve into related words, like lick, slurp, saliva... "Liva" or "Laiva" jumps out at me, though that might be a more feminine name.
I'm a big fan of anything Japanese, myself (including Pokémon of course), so I might also be inclined to use words/sounds like "Bero" or "Shita" (both mean "tongue" in Japanese, "shita" is the traditional term, "bero" is a colloquial. "bero bero" is a licking sound-effect.)
Gallery - Patreon
Saftkeur
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nibor » Tue May 21, 2013 10:17 am

How about a combination? Berolaiva, Beroliva, or similar? Both sound good to me, but what do you think?
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby Saftkeur » Tue May 21, 2013 11:33 am

Nibor wrote:How about a combination? Berolaiva, Beroliva, or similar? Both sound good to me, but what do you think?

I think they both work well; "-laiva" is closer to the actual pronunciation from "saliva", but it just doesn't seem to have the same ring to it as "Beroliva" does. I dunno, I was going to say I prefer Beroliva, but after repeating them both in my head a bit, I'm starting to like Berolaiva...
My suggestion would be to flip a coin! I usually find that as I flip the coin, there's a part of me that shouts "I hope it's X" and that's usually enough to go on. (if that doesn't work, I see if I feel the urge to make it a best-two-out-of-three flip, that usually means I liked the other one. And if I've no complaints, then I just stick with it, obviously.)
Gallery - Patreon
Saftkeur
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nibor » Tue May 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Not a bad idea... *flips* Tails. Berolaiva Leekee it is. I feel better now :)
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby Saftkeur » Tue May 21, 2013 3:03 pm

Nibor wrote:Not a bad idea... *flips* Tails. Berolaiva Leekee it is. I feel better now :)

Awesome! Which reminds me that I wanted to create some fanart of a Lickitung. :wink: Perhaps I'll have to come back here in search of a name...
Gallery - Patreon
Saftkeur
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nibor » Tue May 21, 2013 3:07 pm

And I'll create the character when I have the time. :)
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby Missingnoo » Tue May 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Updated the layout with some extra stuff you can have on the character.
Just your average sado-masochistic Eldrich Abomination pony with a love for cooking vore.
Wanna RP with me? http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=33473
Missingnoo
---

Postby Nibor » Wed May 22, 2013 1:31 pm

Ok, I made my Lickitung: Profile page
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby Nibor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:34 am

Appearance: Casual clothes

Species: Anteater

Personality: (As yet undecided)

Primary setting: Unspecific

Background: An anteater mutated by magic power into a very large anthro. (not macro)

There, I used the form. Now, can I get help?
Last edited by Nibor on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby Saftkeur » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:08 am

Nibor wrote:Appearance: Casual clothes

Species: Anteater

Personality: (As yet undecided)

Primary setting: Unspecific

Background: An anteater mutated by magic power into a very large anthro. (not macro)

There, I used the form. Now, can I get help?

'fraid the only ideas I can come up with are a little corny, but maybe it gets the ball rollin' for you? Antoine or Antony for a male, Antoinette for a girl... Doing a search for names starting with "Ant" on a baby names site also brings up some interesting options. (lots of Latin names.)
Gallery - Patreon
Saftkeur
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nibor » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:29 pm

Corny names are fine, I just want one. Hopefully, the name search will help....

Edit: Using the search, I found the greek female name Antigone(an-tig-o-knee), and I noticed how someone may pronounce it as anti-gone... get it? Ant i(s) gone? *I* think it seems clever....
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby Saftkeur » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Nibor wrote:Corny names are fine, I just want one. Hopefully, the name search will help....

Edit: Using the search, I found the greek female name Antigone(an-tig-o-knee), and I noticed how someone may pronounce it as anti-gone... get it? Ant i(s) gone? *I* think it seems clever....

Aha, I like it! An-tig-oh-nee is a pretty sound... and then you've got that "hidden meaning" in there as well. (also gives you nifty little roleplay/story instances where she has to constantly correct people on the pronunciation.)
Gallery - Patreon
Saftkeur
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nibor » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:27 pm

Saftkeur wrote:(also gives you nifty little roleplay/story instances where she has to constantly correct people on the pronunciation.)

Not exactly, cause when She introduces herself, she obviously pronounces her name correctly, so that'll help others pronounce it.
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby amun355 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:14 am

oh its owsume...:)
amun355
New to the forum

Next

Return to Our chat room