The New Chat

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Re: The New Chat

Postby Nerva » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 am

Hmm.

I'll admit, I seldom participate in the chat itself, but I kinda like the character profile function. Is it possible under the new system to make use of it without actually participating in the chat itself? Or must you be present in at least one of the chatrooms to edit your profile?
Nerva
???

Postby maraudingmarauder » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:23 am

Nerva wrote:Hmm.

I'll admit, I seldom participate in the chat itself, but I kinda like the character profile function. Is it possible under the new system to make use of it without actually participating in the chat itself? Or must you be present in at least one of the chatrooms to edit your profile?

Usually if I'm writing up or editing a profile I just find an empty room and set myself as away. People very rarely take notice.
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby Eka » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:50 am

Nerva wrote:Hmm.

You will need to be login to edit the profile. However. I really don't see why this would prevent you from using the profile.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Doku » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:36 pm

For those of us who maintain "Private Profiles" that are not obviously associated with our user accounts, will viewers be able to identify the account user who is responsible for a given character, or is it still possible to remain "Anonymous" to other users?
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Latroma wrote:For those of us who maintain "Private Profiles" that are not obviously associated with our user accounts, will viewers be able to identify the account user who is responsible for a given character, or is it still possible to remain "Anonymous" to other users?

See this respond.
Eka
Administrator

Postby darthirony » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:39 am

<div style="height:100;width:300;color:LightSlateBlue;font-family:Times New Roman; overflow: auto"> <-- sadly that HMTL is broken for me x.x now i cant make my huge profiles shorter for ease of reading. >>' meh.....
oh....well, want a cupcake? ^.^
darthirony
Somewhat familiar

Location: Tn kodak; or under a tree with big bulging squirming belly o.o

Praise for new chat.

Postby four_fleets » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:50 am

I must hand it to the mods, they did perfectly with this new chat style. I guess this is just a thread for saying, "Good work, may you help others find a comfy stomach anytime."
  I wonder if you'll visit This thread?  

I finally found out how to use BBCcode.
four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Praise for new chat.

Postby Mech__Warrior » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:13 am

Yeah. Everything looks crisper, easier to use, more user friendly, etc. Good work!
Sorry for not posting, in college and stuff. Also, exams are this week. >.<
Mech__Warrior
???

Location: You could be proxy man. IMMA FIREWALLIN' MAH LAZOR!!

Postby Marinville » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:33 am

Following post made sense of my problem.
Last edited by Marinville on Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marinville
New to the forum

Postby Nerva » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:36 am

Sucks that my browser, Opera, is still unsupported, but I certainly can't complain with the improvements that ahve been made. The chat is 100% more useful now.
Nerva
???

Postby Baz » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:16 am

About my only problem is the 30-minute RP limit in the vore room; it's supposed to be combined IC/OOC if I read things right.

That said, it's only a minor thing. The chat is a vast improvement on the old one, and thank GOD that uberloud scare-the-shit-out-of-you PM click is gone, replaced with a much easier-on-the-ears bell.
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Postby Leshana » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:29 pm

Thanks everyone. This has been a fairly rapid development process, but the biggest thing about the new chat is that instead of being at a features dead-end, we now have a well understood base from which to move forward.
Leshana
Apex-Predator

Postby John » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:41 pm

Baz wrote:About my only problem is the 30-minute RP limit in the vore room; it's supposed to be combined IC/OOC if I read things right.

That said, it's only a minor thing. The chat is a vast improvement on the old one, and thank GOD that uberloud scare-the-shit-out-of-you PM click is gone, replaced with a much easier-on-the-ears bell.

The restriction is because there was previous criticism about the IC/OOC room in the old chat and how cluttered it would get quickly. It is hard to do anything in a room that can reach nearly 100 people with no less than a quarter posting at the same time.
John
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Paradox » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:54 pm

Baz wrote:About my only problem is the 30-minute RP limit in the vore room; it's supposed to be combined IC/OOC if I read things right.

I love the new chat system as well^^
Great work what our chat creators did there :D Speed, navigation and look are a great improvement in this one.

I'm only thinking the 30 minute rule will be VERY HARD to get through... many people in the chatrooms loved to combine ooc stuff with silly vore situations that are very close to RP's <.< like me >.> so i wonder how many people will get used to that rule....
You're welcome to visit my Gallery here on Ekas :3
(just click on the dancing girl)
Paradox
---

Postby Eka » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:32 pm

You should try the CSS window. Darthirony
Eka
Administrator

Postby Terastas » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Think I found the first glitch. I tried to amend one of my profile pictures, which I had to do by deleting it and then re-uploading the newer version. When I tried to do that, I got this error message:
Invalid filetype 'JPG'. Must be one of: png, jpg, jpeg, gif

Any chance the new system could be made not case-sensitive when reading files? Because when I select "save as" out of any of my existing programs, they don't give me the option of writing the format as caps or lowercase (nor do any of my existing programs seem to know the difference).
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Postby Mech__Warrior » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:15 pm

I can send but can't see my whispers. It's driving me nuts when I want to chat in private.
Sorry for not posting, in college and stuff. Also, exams are this week. >.<
Mech__Warrior
???

Location: You could be proxy man. IMMA FIREWALLIN' MAH LAZOR!!

Postby Eka » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:02 pm

Invalid filetype 'JPG'. Must be one of: png, jpg, jpeg, gif

We will look into it.

I can send but can't see my whispers. It's driving me nuts when I want to chat in private.

Drop by at the OOC room, we might need a number of info. Also, if you have something to report, best to drop by at the ooc room.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Radijs » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:14 am

I've just tried the new chat. Porting the characters seemed to be working okay. But I had some other difficulties.

Using Opera 10.50 I get the message "Disconnected from chat daemon. Retrying..." and that message repeats itself every few seconds but does not seem to interrupt other chat functions for me.
Oh and Windows 7 X64

Oh new update: I got an error message

Warning: Saftey system caught duplicate concurrant pullChat(). Notify Leshana of what browser you have, and what happened just before this. UA:Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; U; nl) Presto/2.6.22 Version/10.50 Readystate: 2
Radijs
---

Postby Eka » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Try another browser, Opera is not supported at the moment.
Eka
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Our chat room