Do You Care About the Sex of Your Roleplay Partner?

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

Re: Do You Care About the Sex of Your Roleplay Partner?

Postby coop500 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:22 am

Darjus wrote:I know this is the internet, the place where everyone wants to be as anonymous as possible, but still I don't understand all the fuss about knowing real life gender of others. Roleplaying is sexual playing, and it is only logic that straight people would prefer to play with opposite sex straight people, exactly like omo people would prefer to play with same sex omo people. This is not about the quality of the play per se, exactly like in real life it wouldn't be about the quality of the making out per se, but it depends by personal inclination only. I'll add more: it's in human nature to develop a bond with people you spend time with, in person or not, especially if it's intimate time, so curiosity about them is all too natural. Revealing personal information is just a personal choice, but it looks like there is a taboo in doing it here, even if it's very unlikely to meet live. Is there something I don't know? Has someone been stalked in real life by a member of this community?

Stalked IRL? no, harassed repeatedly and sent creepy messages/requests? Yes, especially if you're a woman.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby KnightleyPaine » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:12 pm

coop500 wrote:The issue is 9 times out of 10 it's a dude who has to have a female and always has to be creepy about it/wanting more than just a simple RP

whiskey wrote:Those who insist on playing with irl females have been especially creepy.

Erastus wrote:Honestly 9 times outta 10 I find it creepy if someone says they care what the gender of the other RPer is, with the only exception being people who do roleplay as themselves.

Just to make my point to OP here, this is absolutely the attitude/reality you have to accept if you choose to ask.

I'm normally snarky about being punished for other people's actions, but there's a very limited list of things people go for with such knowledge to begin with. If you ask someone with this experience and they become uncomfortable, that is an acceptable reason for them to reject you.

(and to answer coop500; I have this discomfort whether or not you have the issue, I can't choose not to have it, but I understand and respect this suspicion and any discomfort on the other end tied to said suspicion as valid reason to disengage. The only 'problem' it results for me are some rejections, which isn't an issue for normal people who don't get bitter over them.)
KnightleyPaine
Participator

Postby JuicyPeach » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:47 pm

i don't care at all about the real-life sex of a roleplay partner and I don't care if they play as their real sex or not either! I'm not a lesbian irl, but i've had amazing rp's where I end up being "prey" for another female- so in fantasy i'm fine with either sex :)

when i was totally new to chatting online i had a few people want me to prove i was a girl, so i did but they just wanted more and more and it started getting really really creepy... finally i got to the point that i realized i don't need to prove anything to anybody and it really helped me deal with creeps a lot less often :)
JuicyPeach
New to the forum

Postby Artemis » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:30 pm

Like many issues, this is nuanced. The simple answer would be no, I don't care. I'll happily RP with a dude despite being a lesbian if they're playing a female character. The more complicated answer is that there ARE reasons I'd prefer a girl as an RP partner.

Reason 1 is the possibility of becoming close OOCly. It's not something I've come to expect, especially since I'm not popular with women to begin with, but it's definitely something I'm open to and it would be nice to have that possibility on the table if my partner were also open to the idea.

Reason 2 is that women tend to write female characters slightly better on average. Not everyone is a writer and a lot of male writers are satisfied just writing their female characters the same way they write their boys, only with something different between their legs. And I mean... it works on a very basic level? But I've always enjoyed the smaller details and so I do tend to notice and appreciate when writers put in a bit more than that. It comes a bit more naturally to girls for obvious reasons, though I've certainly met a few boys that have gotten pretty good at it. Better than I am at boys, anyway. O~hohoho!

Like for example, I can portray really eccentric, weird and unpopular, boys well enough. The kind that lend themselves well to doing stupid/crazy stuff and getting eaten. But since I am not normal, popular or a boy I start to really trip over myself trying to play more normal male characters. In comparison, playing a normal, popular girl is easier for me.

Neither of these are really big deals to me though, so I don't rule boys out because of them or anything and I tend not to ask about player gender as a pre-requisite to RP, but y'know. My post would've been a little boring if I only gave the simple answer.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby rugli » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:42 am

No, and she/he can even masturbate during the play far as i'm concerned.
rugli
Participator

Postby Tilalumtar » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:27 am

oldspice1212 wrote:Is it weird that I care about the sex of the person I'm roleplaying with? I'm male, and usually roleplay as a pred and only really like female prey. Part of me knows I shouldn't really care, but I really prefer if my roleplay partner is female IRL, and I'm not sure if that is weird or not. So, I wanted to gauge the opinions of others here. Do any of you care about your RP partner's IRL sex? If so, why? If not, why not?

I am male and prey only. I started liking female preds only when I found out about the whole vore thing. Same with the RP-Partner.
Some time ago I started liking femboy preds (don't ask me why... I even ask myself sometimes -> I am not gay (and I wouldn't say that only gay people like femboy/futa(male) preds)). Since then I don't take it that seriously what gender my rp Partner is (before I was strictly against non-female preds).

Though I still prefer female preds.
I am in love with history and humans in general.
Hope that provides enough information to understand my mindset. Thank you. I like you. Have a nice day.
Tilalumtar
Somewhat familiar

Postby ThomasT » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:35 pm

I think that a scene is as good as it is - and if I do not know whether it is a male or a female behind the alt - it is well possible, that males are the better women and vice versa. While I do understand that the idea of going further than just having characters interact is enticing, as long as you only want to role play, it should not matter at all.

And just for me personally - not knowing about it at all is preferably than wondering, if I actually do know, or was just being told...
ThomasT
New to the forum

Postby jaggedjagd » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:11 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby cranberryknights1 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:18 am

I don't really care if they are male or female IRL as a lot of males seem to be good at RPing as female characters so that works fine for me. I like female pred's so as long as they are okay with playing as a female I am cool with it :)
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby cicata » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:55 am

I'm an aromantic asexual, and while I don't mind knowing if my RP partner is getting off on what we write, I don't want details and I draw a very clear line between roleplaying as characters vs. cybering/sexting. I am not my character, and I don't like interacting with people's self-characters or sonas much if I can help it.

Since I don't connect smutty or kinky RP with real-life sexual preferences the way some people do, I could honestly be RPing with a sapient fly and I'd be fine with it as long as their writing was decent. The only physical characteristic that I care about in a partner is that they're an adult.
cicata
Been posting for a bit

Postby Krovennan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:46 am

I would honestly prefer not to know
Krovennan
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ghostknows46 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:43 am

Not really no.
Ghostknows46
New to the forum

Postby Reborned » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:32 am

I don't mind my partner's gender(I'm also bi irl), but I don't think there is anything wrong with having a preference. I mean, if you're a straight man, and you consider your RPs to be sexual, it makes since you wouldn't wanna do it with another man.
Reborned
New to the forum

Postby Justcockythoughts » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:06 am

As a gay male prey...I could honestly give less of a shit who you are behind the screen as long as you are not actually underage in real life.

Like come on, I have met girls who have actually roleplayed much better at really getting accross the sexual details in their writing that can make a roleplay amazing. You can say you can tell when someone is acting like a different gender, but there are many people who I would say can definitely act the part without you even taking any notice, especially if they are a very verbose roleplayer.

My advice if you’re having a hard time with it, I mean thats okay. Your preferences are yours. However, as someone who has to 70% of the time play a female due to most Male Preds being strictly straight, you might end up just cutting yourself out on a LOT of great roleplayers just because of this preference. Try to keep an open mind and you could find yourself not only having more partners, but some pretty amazing roleplays.

(Also side note, A dude has found out I was a guy, and still wanted to describe sexual actions hes doing irl, and if I was fingering my pussy. Sometimes you can really just trick yourself into believing what you want about your partner.
Justcockythoughts
New to the forum

Postby 4thedegen » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:59 pm

To put it politely, I think that's a little sussy. Not only is there no actual way to confirm a person's gender on the internet without being creepy which can lead to you being lied to but also in opinion it's also kinda batshit to care about the irl gender of a rp partner. Because text rp is a form of literature in which 2 authors type to each other back and forth to make an interactive story or pretending to be characters and speaking narration if verbal rp, so really caring about the gender of the partner really makes it look like the person who cares really can't separate a fictional experience from reality. I'm not really shitting on anyone even though I could've decided to be an asshole enough to do it it's just my opinion of the whole ordeal. I just generally don't like people who give a shit about the irl gender of a rp partner and that's my own thing to dislike and others to have an separate view on.
4thedegen
New to the forum

Postby QAQAQ » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:52 am

I do care about that a lot and I’d specify that in my message when looking for a role playing partners. Cuz playing with the sex I’m not attracted to is an instant turn off and makes me very uncomfortable, even if it’s just a thought. Sure someone could’ve concealed their identity and pretended to be the opposite of what they claimed, but I generally give the benefit of doubt since we are already a rather niche community and unless you are truly evil, why’d you waste time to ruin other’s experience instead of doing what you actually enjoy? It’s a peace of mind thing; I respect those who don’t care, but it is very important and a must for me, no one can make me feel otherwise. So yeah, just be honest with each other if we are gonna bond and have psychological intimate behaviors in an already selective circle, try have some decency and not fuck the other person over ehhh?
QAQAQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby 4thedegen » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:48 am

I'll silently judge you but I won't harass you.
4thedegen
New to the forum

Postby 4thedegen » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:55 am

Let's be technical here, futa is straight anyways while femboys arguably only fit into gynosexual as their whole thing is being feminine. But I don't judge you for what you like
4thedegen
New to the forum

Previous

Return to Our chat room