Well I tried

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Well I tried

Postby koooasd » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:25 pm

My first drawing that i put real effort. Any advice how and or what to improve would be most welcome. Hope you enjoy.
Attachments
cauldron.png
koooasd
New to the forum

Re: Well I tried

Postby Truebluehero » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:36 pm

Not bad for a first picture. Someone with more artistic ability then me can probably give you advice on how to grow, but don't give up if you're passionate about it.
Truebluehero
New to the forum

Postby GammaTheKobold » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:31 am

Practice, practice, practice, look up tutorials on youtube, like mikeymegamega - He has some great tutorial videos for art, from basic, to form, figures, and poses. But the biggest thing, you need to dedicate yourself to the craft, you can improve, you can get to the point that if you wanted to, you could take commissions, but it takes work, a lot of it, and dedication. Never give up, you will improve. There is a lot to learn when it comes to art, forms, poses, perspective, then shading and color, all of it learned, another thing I would recommend, take a picture of yourself in a pose you want, and use that as reference to draw from, there are also pictures you can find online of various poses.
GammaTheKobold
New to the forum

Postby Bright » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:36 am

Using references helps a lot.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby ParallelBlack » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:27 am

koooasd wrote:My first drawing that i put real effort. Any advice how and or what to improve would be most welcome. Hope you enjoy.

My advice would be to put a lot of focus on anatomy. It's one of the most important aspects of any drawing, especially when it comes to human characters.

To help with that, here's a quick example of a few concepts:

Notice the circles inside the body? That's an easy and very commonplace way of posing a character and making sure their proportions look right (not that the example's proportions should be taken as accurate, of course). Second, the angle of the shot. Your picture is a side-on view, which conveys a lot less information to the viewer than the 3/4 view you see most artists use. Side-on views, at least in my experience are a bit more difficult to draw than giving something a slight angle like in my example, but more importantly, they don't give you, the artist, as much experience, since they don't require you to think as much about 3D space.

Also consider trying something like this:

Colour blocking. Helps make sense of more complicated drawings. Doesn't need to be accurate, as it's purely for the artist's sake.

I hope all of this helps!
ParallelBlack
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dragonic_Wolf » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:33 am

Yeah you are going to need to go to drawing fundamentals first. There are lots of guides online on how to start drawing for beginners, but it is a skill you have to develop over months and years. It takes time, but if you are really dedicated you can get far.

Ive watched a friend go from struggling with circles to now making tons of money off commissions.
Dragonic_Wolf
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby koooasd » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:44 pm

Thank you all for replies I will try some of your ideas and see how it goes.
koooasd
New to the forum

Return to Work to be shared!