The PF VSRD (Irthos Edition)

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

The PF VSRD (Irthos Edition)

Postby Irthos » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:51 pm

Heya folks!

Some of you may remember the Pathfinder VSRD, a project I worked on some years ago to add vore rules to 1st edition Pathfinder. Due to some boring health issues I won't go into right now, I had to suspend the project for awhile and... well, sort of just disappeared from the forum. I understand that the project has since been picked up by various other forum members who've put their own personal touch on the rules. It warms my heart to see that there are people as nerdy as I am who are willing to pick up the mantle and keep this weird niche ruleset alive.

That said, I've never been one to let a project go, and I've been slowly tinkering with things behind the scenes. I've always told myself I'd get around to re-releasing them at some point, but never quite mustered the nerve to do it. Well, I'm pleased to say that thanks to an anonymous poster on /tg/ (of all places), I've finally gotten the kick I needed to release the updated PF VSRD (Irthos Edition). And here it is! In the attachments, you'll find:

The base VSRD, containing all basic rules on how to to eat or be eaten.

Character Options 1, containing new race and class options for vore games.

Character Options 2, containing new traits and feats to enhance your dining experience.

Magic Items: Containing rules for nutrions (magic in the flesh) and a few less edible tools.

Spells: Containing - what else? - new spells for hungry mages everywhere.

Appendix: Much like the organ of the same name, these rules are optional, but may improve your quality of life.

As always, this document is a work in progress. If you have suggestions for new material or feedback on how to improve what's already here, feel free to post 'em!

CHANGELOG: Version Om.Nom.Nom (3/2/23)
Spoiler: show
RACES
Cleaned up and punched up the esuri lore a bit.

TRAITS
Eat Your Feelings
Insult to Injury
Rest and Digest

FEATS
Added a new monster feat, Impostor.
Revised Squirmer to have a different action economy.
Revised Vampiric Style to trigger on damage rather than pinning, and to clarify that the feat triggers only once per round.
Revised Vampiric Soulthief so that going Alex Mercer on your prey is optional.
Revised Voracious to allow any type of vore check, and to have a different action economy.

CLASSES
Added a new bardic masterpiece, The World Eater's Soliloquy
Added the giant subdomain for clerics.

BESTIARY
Newly added with one monster, the Otesanek.
Attachments
VSRD_base.rtf
(10.86 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
VSRD_char1.rtf
(38.37 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
VSRD_char2.rtf
(28.5 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
VSRD_magic_items.rtf
(23.99 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
VSRD_spells.rtf
(43.38 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
VSRD_bestiary.rtf
(4.83 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Last edited by Irthos on Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Irthos
Somewhat familiar

Re: The PF VSRD (Irthos Edition)

Postby Silversepiroth » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:38 am

I was thinking about making some characters based on the old rules for my Twitter, so I'm glad I waited
Silversepiroth
Participator

Postby Jamaris » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:41 am

I'm reminded of the Gourmand, a class in one of the splat books. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-pa ... /gourmand/
Jamaris
Been posting for a bit

Postby Silversepiroth » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:43 pm

Jamaris wrote:I'm reminded of the Gourmand, a class in one of the splat books. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-pa ... /gourmand/

Similarly, there's the Ungermaw of the Gonzo classes. Really nice thematically, but definitely proves true the whole idea of "it only needs to be balanced for your table"
https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Ungermaw
Silversepiroth
Participator

Postby Irthos » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:28 am

Silversepiroth wrote:
Jamaris wrote:I'm reminded of the Gourmand, a class in one of the splat books. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-pa ... /gourmand/

Similarly, there's the Ungermaw of the Gonzo classes. Really nice thematically, but definitely proves true the whole idea of "it only needs to be balanced for your table"
https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Ungermaw

I remember the Ungermaw - very effective at killing mages, and that 20th level ability is just silly. Then again, the Gonzo books were always meant to be taken with a grain of salt.

Gourmand is a new one on me, but I like it. It has a very Kirby-ish feel.

On the topic of 3rd party material, Drop Dead recently released some vorish monster talents for Spheres of Might. You can find them here: http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/practitioner-bestiary
Irthos
Somewhat familiar

Postby Silversepiroth » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:45 am

Looking over the rules again & I've noticed that there's nothing really mentioning Swallow Whole in the rules. Is it simply removed from the equation since everybody effectively has a more powerful version already, or would it provide some sort of bonuses? It doesn't matter too much if you're only using first party content since there's so few ways to get it on a player, but already using third party in this case, as mentioned before here's many third party ways to get functionally the same effect.
Silversepiroth
Participator

Postby Irthos » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:04 pm

That's a good point, actually. Swallow Whole does have a couple of advantages over standard vore, those being a) swallowing is a free action at the start of your turn and b) you get to deal bite damage to your prey on the way down. That said, Swallow Whole does feel like it needs a bit more 'oomph' when everyone can already eat everyone else. I've gone back and forth on giving creatures with Swallow Whole a +4 bonus on vore checks, similar to how the grab ability works with grapple checks. I'll add it to my workshop file for a future update.
Irthos
Somewhat familiar

Postby Silversepiroth » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:26 am

Irthos wrote:That's a good point, actually. Swallow Whole does have a couple of advantages over standard vore, those being a) swallowing is a free action at the start of your turn and b) you get to deal bite damage to your prey on the way down. That said, Swallow Whole does feel like it needs a bit more 'oomph' when everyone can already eat everyone else. I've gone back and forth on giving creatures with Swallow Whole a +4 bonus on vore checks, similar to how the grab ability works with grapple checks. I'll add it to my workshop file for a future update.

Perhaps a situation like "treat their size category as one larger for Glut," seeing as creatures with or given the Swallow Whole ability are going to be either "designed" or modified to be used to carrying the extra heft? It's a decent compromise to make it so the monster rule doesn't just break the system while still giving them a relative edge when compared to other creatures
Silversepiroth
Participator

Postby Irthos » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:03 am

Silversepiroth wrote:Perhaps a situation like "treat their size category as one larger for Glut," seeing as creatures with or given the Swallow Whole ability are going to be either "designed" or modified to be used to carrying the extra heft? It's a decent compromise to make it so the monster rule doesn't just break the system while still giving them a relative edge when compared to other creatures

That's a good starting point. After some thought, I think I'm going to broaden it a bit a grant creatures with Swallow Whole a bonus vore feat of their choice - not every creature is going to be built for capacity, but they're going to have a natural edge in some aspect of vore. I've also simplified the ability to mesh with the VSRD rules for digestion damage and internal defenses, which are more in the predator's favor.

The rules have been added to the brand-new Appendix document, as well as a laundry list of other new content.
Irthos
Somewhat familiar

Postby Silversepiroth » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:52 pm

I decided to use these rules to make Uno Reverse Card sushi. Nothing too crazy, no gestalt & these are the only 3rd party rules used, but in its creation I did notice that Vampire Style doesn't stack well with Voracious, as the latter feat cannot be used to pin. I'd imagine that this is a balancing idea to keep from pin abuse to stick potentially 3 negative levels/round with Vampiric Soulthief, but this is somewhat bypassed by using Greater Grapple in place of Voracious. Just thought you might wanna know about that workaround.

Anyway, have a psychologically damaged catfish
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2609489
Silversepiroth
Participator

Postby Irthos » Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:51 pm

So. I, uh, kinda disappeared for almost a year.

My only explanation is that social anxiety is a B$#*@&. 0/10, would not recommend to a friend.

That said, I have been tinkering with a few things in my absence. First, I've reworked Voracious to allow any type of vore check. While this is perhaps less flavorful (pun definitely intended), it also gives the feat some much-needed versatility. I've also changed how Voracious (and its counterpart Squirmer) function in the action economy.

I've also clarified the intent of the Vampiric Style feat chain, which was to feed on your victim once per round, rather than once per successful check. After giving it some thought, I've decided this makes the chain somewhat anemic (again, pun intended) and revised it to trigger on damage rather than pinning. I think piling Constitution damage and potential energy drain on top of digestion damage gives these feats the bite they need (okay, I'll stop now).

I'll save the rest of the changes for the changelog, which I'll post along with the latest VSRD in just a few minutes!
Irthos
Somewhat familiar

Return to Work to be shared!