Looking For Feedback On My Stories!

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Looking For Feedback On My Stories!

Postby Walker » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:38 pm

Hey everyone. I've been posting stories here on an irregular basis for about two years now. All this time I have had literally zero concept of whether or not my work is any good, or if I've amassed anything of a following. This lack of awareness combined with my own cripplingly harsh self criticism oftentimes clouds my judgment of the quality of my work. In line with my perfectionist nature I rarely see anything in my stories save for their flaws. And since I very rarely get any comments citing specific elements of my work that people do or do not enjoy; it is difficult for me to know what my strengths and (more importantly) weaknesses are. Whether I'm a 'good' writer or not I can always improve. But as I am sure we have all come to learn at some time or another; self reflection can only get one so far.

So this is why I have come here to the forums in an effort to reach out for some feedback. Positive or negative, be it on one of my older stories or my more recent ones: I would love to hear what some people think of my writing style. How well they can visualize the story in their heads, what they think of my characters, how I write their dialogue; things like this. Though I should stress that I am not currently looking for inspiration nor suggestions or anything of that nature. I have a lot of ideas I would like to get to as well as a list of commissions I need to fulfill.
Thank you all for reading and taking the time to look over some of my work, I cannot wait to hear your thoughts. Please be as critical and analytical as you wish.

https://aryion.com/g4/user/CardinalExeroth
Note that I write with predominantly female predators, and there are copious elements of both furries and rather hardcore themes present in many of my stories. Always be sure to read their respective tags before you begin.
Last edited by Walker on Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I take literature commissions! Click the link below to see my gallery, and be sure to tell me what you think~!
https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/CardinalExeroth
Walker
Been posting for a bit

Re: Looking For Feedback!

Postby cutelovingprey » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:05 pm

I have only given your stories a quick glance but i think to help get your work more noticed, tags definitely matter.

Things like POV vore, Oral vore, Anal vore, cock vore, etc. Just something that covers a broad range and will reach the largest of audiences. Also i would say the first line you see definitely has to draw the readers in and to keep them interested in your piece.

But the main thing you should focus on is to write, not for money or notority but simply because you enjoy what you do and your enjoyment and passion will show through in your work.
cutelovingprey
New to the forum

Postby Walker » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:52 pm

cutelovingprey wrote:But the main thing you should focus on is to write, not for money or notority but simply because you enjoy what you do and your enjoyment and passion will show through in your work.

I completely agree. My main reason for posting my stories here in the first place is to share my ideas and maybe inspire other people. I also like to tackle niches along with somewhat obscure or under-utilized characters in my work. I figure if nobody else is going to do what I would like to be done with a given character or property; me making a story might help inspire someone to draw or animate something with them.
I’m certainly passionate about art and literature, but it’s always been hard for me to find much enjoyment in my own work. I guess that’s why nowadays I’ve started to doubt whether or not those whom read my stories even share in the enthusiasm I had when I first wrote them.
Walker
Been posting for a bit

Postby cutelovingprey » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:13 pm

Maybe it might be good to read over the previous stories you have written and try to imagine the story happening, like as a movie or through a camera. It might help you get a different perspective on your work, but an idea that could work for you, is to re-write your older work and compare the two, from the pacing of the story, to the vocabulary used.

But if you would like to try a different approach, reading others work (in vore or in general) and analyse how their structure and flow works and think to why you enjoy or don't enjoy it will help.
Last edited by cutelovingprey on Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cutelovingprey
New to the forum

Postby cutelovingprey » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:21 pm

But to improve in any art is to keep doing it, you need the drive to continue writing, even jotting down simple ideas or concepts will help you. For yourself just keep writing, short or long stories, and you will find ways to improve yourself. Because all art takes time to improve.

Although the first place to improve on any written work would be on grammer and vocabulary (like try less to repeat words for adjectives and conjunctives (like, as, and) but this will take time and the more you write, you will improve, no matter how small the improvement might be.

(sorry if I am being harsh or obvious but these tips helped me write my stories)
cutelovingprey
New to the forum

Postby Walker » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:43 pm

I very much appreciate all of your advice. I have been writing for about 10 years and only started uploading my work within the last 2 or so. Since I started taking it more seriously I have improved on a technical level exponentially. I feel as though I now have a strong grasp on the fundamentals of writing. Hence why I have come to inquire what it is specifically people either like or dislike about the work I’ve shown thus far. For I am certain there are some specific elements which need improvement. Be it how I write dialogue, the flow of my narratives, execution of vore scenes, etc.
My disconnect is that no matter how much I love the ideas I put into my stories I almost never reap the same enjoyment upon reading them over. So instead of tearing myself down and never uploading anything at all- I essentially force myself to just put it up here in the hopes that I’m wrong and there is something to be enjoyed about my work. So if I had some idea of what it is people like or don’t like about what I do, maybe I can be a little less hard on myself. Or at the very least channel my self criticism into more productive areas of focus.
Walker
Been posting for a bit

Re: Looking For Feedback On My Stories!

Postby Walker » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:40 am

Well, it’s been a while since I looked at this thread so I figured now that I have more content up for people to read I would post some links to them in the hopes of getting some feedback on the individual stories or my writing techniques. If I’ve come across as narcissistic or elitist in my prior comments I apologize as I don’t intend to come off that way. I am simply looking for constructive criticism or basically any form of feedback on my actual work.

My newest three stories (at the time of writing) are all a part of a trilogy centred around the most coveted female characters in Spyro barring Ember or whoever that female dragon is. Below are links to each of them. If you have the time I would greatly appreciate any criticism on any of them, or my other stories.

Sheila the Kangaroo Story (Soft Vore, Fatal)
https://aryion.com/g4/view/694403

Elora the Faun Story (Soft, Growth, Absorption/Foot Vore, Fatal)
https://aryion.com/g4/view/695301

Bianca the Rabbit Story (Soft, Shrinking, Worship, Fatal)
https://aryion.com/g4/view/699069
I take literature commissions! Click the link below to see my gallery, and be sure to tell me what you think~!
Walker
Been posting for a bit

Postby kronwolf » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:46 pm

I have been looking a bit around at you profile and your stories and i do find it strange and a bit sad that there is so little feedback on all of your stories. Maybe most people are like me and don't make an effort to make any comments, even if they enjoyes them.
I do belive your doing a great job and i just wanted to give you a praise for all the time and effort you no doubt has put into all of your stories. I too rarely do make comments, but i really felt like i wanted to give you some kind of recognition. ^^
I havent had the time or energy to read all your stories but what i have read so far is superb in my eyes, and i am allways exited to see you post new stories. I do really hope you will continue your stories in the future and not let the lack of feedback eat at you.
Do take care :)
kronwolf
New to the forum

Postby Walker » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:50 pm

kronwolf wrote:I have been looking a bit around at you profile and your stories and i do find it strange and a bit sad that there is so little feedback on all of your stories. Maybe most people are like me and don't make an effort to make any comments, even if they enjoyes them.

Thank you for your kind words, and apologies for the late reply- I don't check the forums too much these days. It's become clear to me that the vast majority of consumers don't tend to leave much in the way of feedback, which is unfortunate but understandable given the nature of the content on display here. Your post really put into perspective how there may in fact be plenty of people who admire my work but choose to remain silent. So thank you very much for reaching out.
Something which irks me a lot is when I see an entry from a writer who is almost entirely new to the forum get their story bombarded with comments and favourites like they were some kind of celebrity. I'm not envious of their success mind you, I just wish I knew what makes them so much more approachable- and what I could do to organically garner that kind of attention. If it's a simple matter of my stories not being good enough then so be it. But I can't shake the feeling that there is something I am not doing either with how I present my stories and where, or some other nebulous factor I'm not privy to. Regardless of how much visibility my work gets I'll continue to post them to my gallery, as there they can entertain or inspire more people than they can being locked away on my computer, at the very least.
Walker
Been posting for a bit

Postby Walker » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:04 pm

Harryclaus wrote:Thanks for sharing your story with us. This story is really amazing.

Thank you very much! May I ask which story of mine you chose to read? I would love to hear your thoughts on it.
Walker
Been posting for a bit

Return to Work to be shared!