Gluttonous Coil: A vore gamebook I'm working on

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Gluttonous Coil: A vore gamebook I'm working on

Postby TrashTierThrowaway » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:51 am

(Updates below!)
Greetings!

For a while now, I've been working on a vore gamebook centering around mostly Lamia preds (for now, anyway. Definitely planning on spicing up the variety later), and four updates down the line I finally feel like it's long enough to serve as a demo of sorts.

There's a lot of ideas I have for this, but only time will tell if my noob ass can actually implement any of it :P
Feel free to criticise any of my writing here, half the reason I'm uploading this here is because nobody seems to leave any reviews on the site itself.
The other half of the reason is that I hope you'll enjoy this little story I'm making.

So without further ado, here's the link:
http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ ... -coil-vore

Also, if you're stuck on any parts or can't find the way forwards, feel free to ask! I've play tested this thing a bunch of times, and things *should* be working as intended, but you never know for sure!
I hope you'll enjoy!

UPDATE NO. 5 (which is the first update on this site, to avoid confusion):
'Tis I, TrashTierThrowaway, with a pretty chonk update.
I've been working on this for a while, but hopefully it pays off!
I added all kinds of stuff to the text adventure this time 'round, a comprehensive list of which you'll find here.

- Added two vore scenes
Spoiler: show
One of these is your standard POV type scene, the other is one where your companion Myssa eats someone else.
Sidenote: The POV scene is a tad hard to find because of a hidden reputation counter that I implemented. If you can't find it, feel free to hit me up for a detailed explanation.
Can't just freely give away everything, now can I?

- Added a "reputation system"
Essentially, this means your actions towards your companion Myssa now determine how she acts back. High rep makes her act very lovingly towards you, medium reputation varies a bit and low rep means she treats you like trash.
So basically, you indirectly get to choose what kind of bond you two have!

- Added two new characters
These two are a nameless butler and King Avar Covet, who you can finally meet in person at the end of this update.

- Made some progress on the main plot

So yeah, go out and see what kind of new things there are to see! Now that there's a reputation system, that means you can't see all interactions with your companion in one go, so replays are definitely encouraged!
Hope to hear what you think!
Last edited by TrashTierThrowaway on Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
TrashTierThrowaway
New to the forum

Re: Gluttonous Coil: A vore gamebook I'm working on

Postby eleventh » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:38 pm

The only real problem I had with it is the dark red text on a black background. I had to download the quest file and mess with the font to be able to read the links clearly.

Edit: Actually, it appears that on your return to the town with a certain companion, the game reverts to before you helped them if you don't rush through town.
Not removing your helmet after helping someone in the mines leads to a page with no links to continue, without warning.
If that someone dies, the game goes to a black page upon arriving at the castle.
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

Re: Gluttonous Coil: A vore gamebook I'm working on

Postby TrashTierThrowaway » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:03 pm

eleventh wrote:The only real problem I had with it is the dark red text on a black background. I had to download the quest file and mess with the font to be able to read the links clearly.

Edit: Actually, it appears that on your return to the town with a certain companion, the game reverts to before you helped them if you don't rush through town.
Not removing your helmet after helping someone in the mines leads to a page with no links to continue, without warning.
If that someone dies, the game goes to a black page upon arriving at the castle.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll start fixing these things when I have the time
Edit: Most issues you named should be fixed now. It's possible that I sloppily overlooked something, though, in which case feel free to let me know!
TrashTierThrowaway
New to the forum

Return to Work to be shared!