Seeking Critique (M/F 2D Vore Art)

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Seeking Critique (M/F 2D Vore Art)

Postby sharktorok » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:04 am

I thought I would throw some of my art into the harsh fires of critique; lay it on me. As an artist I have at least one thing in every piece that I feel iffy about, but as everyone knows if you refuse to finish because the art doesn't feel perfect, you will never finish.

Specifically I'd like to know:

-What works?

-What doesn't work?
Attachments
stripper_color.jpg
kara masquerade.jpg
mirko_devoured_by_sharktorok_ddyxliv-fullview.jpg
wormfood.jpg
sharktorok
Somewhat familiar

Re: Seeking Critique (M/F 2D Vore Art)

Postby Siuddithsi » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:30 am

First, I like them. You have a solid drawing style, line art with shading and color. Good work for the style.

So the critique is for my preferences, just opinions so don't take it personal.

The pred in the first pic (shake it baby) seems derivative of another artist. Unfortunately I can't remember the name. There are enough differences there shouldn't be a problem but you might hear more about it.

Next, 2 of the 4 are legs and butt sticking out of the prey's mouth. Nothing wrong with that, I love legs and butts. But we aren't rated G, so it's totally acceptable not only to show the bare ass, but to stuff it with tongues or tentacles or such.

I love to see the prey's expressions, for this drawing 3 (catgirl vs tentacles) gets the win. But I can't help wonder what expressions prey #2 (green monster) would have had if she'd been swallowed feet first, or the tongue had...tasted her before swallowing.

My advice is to lighten up. Don't be hard on yourself and take advantage of the arena. Almost anything goes here, so don't feel constrained.

Hope it helps.
Siuddithsi
---

Postby sharktorok » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:32 am

Siuddithsi wrote:First, I like them. You have a solid drawing style, line art with shading and color. Good work for the style.

So the critique is for my preferences, just opinions so don't take it personal.

The pred in the first pic (shake it baby) seems derivative of another artist. Unfortunately I can't remember the name. There are enough differences there shouldn't be a problem but you might hear more about it.

Next, 2 of the 4 are legs and butt sticking out of the prey's mouth. Nothing wrong with that, I love legs and butts. But we aren't rated G, so it's totally acceptable not only to show the bare ass, but to stuff it with tongues or tentacles or such.

I love to see the prey's expressions, for this drawing 3 (catgirl vs tentacles) gets the win. But I can't help wonder what expressions prey #2 (green monster) would have had if she'd been swallowed feet first, or the tongue had...tasted her before swallowing.

My advice is to lighten up. Don't be hard on yourself and take advantage of the arena. Almost anything goes here, so don't feel constrained.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for this man! I always try to take a relaxed approach with my vore art (after all, it's ultimate fantasy expression) but as an artist I like to have periods of growth where I hear what people think of my stuff. I've been to art school so I know well what it's like to be destroyed in a critique :P

I love drawing amorphous worms and such, though vague blob monsters like in 2 are also fun to draw. The Cleaner is the creature you're thinking of, and I drew him as part of a commission who wanted that creature specifically, but I do acknowledge the need to stick out from other artists!

Thanks for the support man.
sharktorok
Somewhat familiar

Postby Twister88 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:12 pm

Even though i'm by no means into monster vore, i'll have to agree with the previous poster and say that the art is well made. The coloring, shading and especially the facial expressions caught my attention right away, so kudos on that! My main advice, would be to add some more detailed backgrounds in the future, like a city or jungle. Since that tends to improve the artwork and make it more colorful, instead of just having an empty void as the background.
Twister88
Somewhat familiar

Postby sharktorok » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:09 pm

Here is a recent commission done for a patron! NSFW versions are available on my Patreon.

oleana1.jpeg
sharktorok
Somewhat familiar

Postby sharktorok » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:05 pm

I've been experimenting with a new style

style.jpg

Last bumped by sharktorok on Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:05 pm.
sharktorok
Somewhat familiar

Return to Work to be shared!