Question about Blender POV rendering

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Question about Blender POV rendering

Postby Bleahboy » Sat May 02, 2020 2:25 am

Hi all,
I have a technical question specifically regarding Blender and animating.
I have generally avoided doing POV work for a few reasons, I do like it, but the angles can be annoying and I only ever use other people's models so sometimes POV reveals the lack of detail a lot of model's have in their mouth textures and meshes. Just recently our friend whiteperson (https://www.furaffinity.net/user/whiteperson/) from FurAffinity released one of his OCs as a Blender model and holy fuck, how do I not use that? And it's so good I have no excuse not to do POV.

My problem is this. How do I avoid having the camera clip into the mesh when it gets real close up internal shots? I know scaling the camera does nothing and I have tried resizing the camera in the settings but that just reduced the focal area and makes it look like zoomed in shit. Is there a technique people use to get POV internal angles that avoids clipping?

So I ask those of you who know better than me. How the fuck do I do this right?
And thank you for any feedback

PS here's a teaser for the new animation that's giving me the issue
Ziina Walk Cycle 010010.jpg
Bleahboy
New to the forum

Re: Question about Blender POV rendering

Postby SolarMarkoff » Sat May 02, 2020 9:46 am

Hi!

So i've not been using blender a lot, I usually work with Maya and 3Ds Max,

But if i recall correctly there is an option for the near clip of the camera.

In the 3d view area's Properties, there are 2 sliders under the "View" group called "Clip"

You should see a slider for "Start" and another for "End".

If you decrease the Start slider the clipping should be less of a problem but it's still gonna be there i'm afraid...

Otherwise you could use the orthographic view for the camera, it will warp the image a little but that has no clipping plane so you won't have any problems.

I really hope this helped... I'm very rusty on blender so it's possible that updates may have moved these options elsewhere.
SolarMarkoff
New to the forum

Postby brainstorm » Sat May 02, 2020 11:56 am

my friend optic probably help with that, he been working with blender for while but only on discord.

I used the word maybe but if want put ya in touch with him if pm me.
brainstorm
???

Postby Kiyoa » Sat May 02, 2020 8:18 pm

So this is, as SolarMarkov noted, a camera clipping issue. At very close ranges blender (and, afaik, most 3d software) will "clip" the camera plane through the object being rendered. which is generally not ideal. For blender, this is a camera specific setting, so you need to select the camera and tune the clipping range down to a point where it's not an issue; the relevant setting setting is "Clip Start" under the Lens tab which will show up when the camera is selected.
2020-05-02--1588468178_331x1012_scrot.png
just for reference

By default this is set to 0.1 m, which is definitely too much if you're getting anywhere close to a model. I would suggest getting it down to like 0.0001 m or something to start with. End is a related setting which tells the camera when to clip objects out of the scene at long range; this is set to an often also not ideal 100 meters by default (regularly when rendering things at significant range, 100 m is simply way too short a visible radius.

Edit: As a note, a clipping range of 0.1m translates to about 3 or 4 inches. It's not a huge distance, but it can be surprisingly significant even for less more regular cases, and it's a major problem for this particular usage niche.
Kiyoa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bleahboy » Sat May 02, 2020 8:54 pm

I know that this is a camera clipping issue and I have set the clip start as low as it will let me. As far as I know there's no setting for 0 so it's at 0.0001 or whatever. So I don't know if I'm just getting too close to the mesh or if there's something I'm missing. Maybe I can just scale up the model? Not sure if that would work but I'll try a few things, thanks for the feedback so far people
Bleahboy
New to the forum

Postby Kiyoa » Sat May 02, 2020 9:23 pm

There's definitely a minimum value as far as clipping goes, and if you're still hitting it an alternate solution may be needed.

Hmm. Though it's not something I'm too familiar with, blender does have a physics system; a possible solution to this problem could be attaching a uv sphere to the camera, set not to render, and use it as a physics object to force the throat (presuming the model has a throat) wide enough apart to avoid the clipping problem.
Kiyoa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bleahboy » Sun May 03, 2020 2:08 am

Ok forget what I said yall were right about the clipping. Turns out if you just use the slider on the camera settings the minimum is still not low enough. I had to actually input a value of 0.0001 to get it. Thanks everyone for the help! hopefully this fixes things :)
Bleahboy
New to the forum

Postby CycloneRed » Wed May 13, 2020 11:41 am

You can scale up your 3D model to compensate for the camera clipping. Also it is better to do hidden cut when entering vore take, and switch to separate model of the internals. The hidden cut could be a blurred / distorted screen simulating being covered in the saliva or simple fade. Also try adding heavy depth of field effects. Set f stop parameter in the camera settings to 0,25 - 0,1. It helps with illustrating that the prey is much smaller than predator. Hope it helps :)
My latest production: Your new home-F/?, breasts vore, mass effect
Follow me on twitter: @CycloneRed2
If you like what I do please consider supporting me on patreon
CycloneRed
Been posting for a bit

Return to Work to be shared!