Mer & Plant Voru Conceptual Illustration

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Mer & Plant Voru Conceptual Illustration

Postby Vitcent » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:34 am

(Exert from Codex Seraphinianus edition on kingdom Plantae, translated via Latin insigniea circa Era II- Ages MIIV)

__Terriea Audrinpliea or also referred to as Spider Ivy is an genus variation of the common Catchers variety of carnivorous plants native mostly to the Northern Hlephiegan forests to the southeastern Teluphrazes Unionstates. It is a creeping or ground creeping fleshy plant that is found primary hanging from trees, cliff sides, or any edges near rivers or large bodies of water. On suitable surfaces, they are able to climb to at least 25–30 metres above the basal ground level and grow to have stems with widths of 5 metres and hanging mouth pods of 10 metres wide. The plants reach adulthood in 5-10 years and the lifespan can reach nearly 30-50 years if permitted.

__The plant's mouth pod is surrounded by a thin translucent membrane skin, stretched out by three long thin arms. The arms emit bioluminescence chemicals to produce a pale blue light, which is used to attract prey.

__The plant's diet includes a wide variety of foods, virtually anything that is less than 90 kilograms can be a potential meal. This ranges from small fish to wandering deer to even large creatures such as the mer pictured below. The plant hunts by solidifying water it gathers from its roots into a web-like substance it weaves around it's three arms. It then lowers itself to be partially submerged, allowing its webbing to act as a net. Once it senses movement in its net, it raises itself above water level and lower its mouthpod to feed on its catch.

__Although the Spider Ivy usually feeds on various sized fish, it will occasionally come across a large meal. Younger plants will only have pods the size of watermelons and are unable to feed on anything but a small fish. However adult ivies such as shown below are fully capable of feeding on even human sized prey with relative ease. Here a mer who swam into the webbing of the ivy has become perfect prey for this plant. The prey is too heavy for the ivy to lift into it's mouth, so the plant must employ long tongue like tendrils to aid. The plant's saliva is relatively the same mixture as it's webbing, with it being slightly less viscous in order to completely bathe its prey. Once the plant has its prey in its suction, it is very difficult to escape by struggling. Powerful muscle like plantmatter will contract, creating a vacuum pulling whatever it grasps deeper into its pod. Prey is no use for the plant if it dies, so the inner lining of the pod and stock is soft and tight to prevent movement as it transport its prey through its stem into its stomach pod to process. Prey will then be subdued, cocooned partially, and eventually put into a sleep, where the plant can safely begin extracting nutrients without the prey thrashing inside. Normally small fish will last the plant for around 4-6 days, however this ivy will spend a solid day extracting from this large catch to satisfy it nearly 3-5 weeks.

__The Federation Vourphila Survey rates the Spider Ivy as a class E carnivorous plant; meaning it is variously safe with hazards including primarily simply suffocation from the inner lining of its stalk. Spider Ivy only grows near water and hunts over it, however one could easily swim into it's net if you wish to feed yourself to it. Once in the net, avoid being ingested from a side or angle, preferably going in from either head or both feet or in a fetal ball. It is recommended that you carry a standard kit including but not limiting to a knife, medical tin, anti-acids, and telecommunications.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Heh, this was fun...Don't see many mer-vour. I might do a followup series of the same fashion or what happens to this mer if you people like it. ^^ Oh..and a interesting note I find somewhat humorous is I didn't anticipate the amount of skill required to draw this stuff... The complex antonyms in odd twisted poses, the multiple textures to color, reflections and refractions for liquids and wet surfaces... Gah, my everyday drawings are nothing compared to vour drawings. xD
Last edited by Vitcent on Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Vitcent
Somewhat familiar

Re: Mer & Plant Voru Conceptual Illustration

Postby Light » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:44 am

................very interesting
Light
Participator

Postby Rashin » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:04 am

i like it, nice colouring, add's a very deep, emotionless kind of effect.

it's a good pic

Rashin~
~(You're As Hardcore As A Fluffy Bunny)~

~Feel Free To Check Out My DeviantART Account: www.assassin-sylk.deviantart.com ~

- My Vore Art On Aryion: http://aryion.com/modules.php?name=Foru ... ic&t=10632 -
Rashin
---

Postby Svartvinge » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:16 am

awesome information and pic^^ would be cool to se more^^
Comments are like cookies... Give meh! >: )
Svartvinge
Participator

Postby Vitcent » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:09 pm

Thanks~
Yes, its main goal in life is to eat whatever it can fit in its mouth...

And I'll be sure to post any more bizarre idea combination. xD
Vitcent
Somewhat familiar

Postby omegablade45 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:01 pm

thats a very nice picture =)
omegablade45
Participator

Postby Elle » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:43 pm

So is she going to cut her way out or something? Right now I just see her going down and getting wrapped up in there for a while until it's done with her. X3 Good picture either way! ^-^

Oh, and it's vore, btw, unless you have a reason to call it differently. =P
Elle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vitcent » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:36 am

JfishSoM wrote:So is she going to cut her way out or something? Right now I just see her going down and getting wrapped up in there for a while until it's done with her. X3 Good picture either way! ^-^

Oh, and it's vore, btw, unless you have a reason to call it differently. =P

Ehh, I'll think of that later...Important part is just going in xD

And yes, vore stems from the latin word vorare and considering its a relatively new word, I just want to be different in the way I say it. ...Besides, I think voura looks fancier and is harder to search on Google....
Vitcent
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zoekin » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:58 am

Excellent work.
A very interesting article and a fantastic picture.
I'm glad to learn the little mer will survive.
A really fantastic idea!
:D
Zoekin
Been posting for a bit

Postby bloodwolfvamp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:17 am

(Bravo i loved the description and the pic....not to self dont hang around kingdom Plantae rivers)
*careful I bite*

(Visit me on DA)
http://nightwolf316.deviantart.com/
bloodwolfvamp
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Elle » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:09 am

Vitcent wrote:And yes, vore stems from the latin word vorare and considering its a relatively new word, I just want to be different in the way I say it. ...Besides, I think voura looks fancier and is harder to search on Google....

Yeah, I do know where it comes from, though I think it more specifically comes from vorarephelia. I made sure to check on it myself. X3 Anyway though, I could kind of see how you might get vour, since vorare means 'to devour', though trying to make up your own word is probably going to confuse a few people... Of course, it's not like I haven't done it myself at some point or another. X3 Anyway, do what you like. Just thought I'd point that out. =P Oh, and keep up the awesome work! ^-^
Elle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cameilla » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:13 pm

That is awesome :)
Cameilla
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NightRoller » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:01 pm

Is there a link here I'm missing? It sounds like that caught a human in another picture compared to the mermaid one Vitcent , unless I misread.
We live in a culture of addictions. What's yours?
NightRoller
Somewhat familiar

Return to Work to be shared!